When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Monday Wristcheck

Pugwash

While waiting for my PO due this week, I'm trying all the steel watches I have, just to get back used to it. Today is this one:

Nice ,

I was also thinking on one of this as an alternative to a green bezel sub.

Do you mind PM me regarding dealer , watch movement, in and outs regarding the GMT hand etc...

I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

AMK000

Do you mind PM me regarding dealer , watch movement, in and outs regarding the GMT hand etc...

Silix Prime, bought Feb 2006, ETA2836, wrong stack, fantasy model, $150 back in the day. The second hand fell off and in fixing it I blew the keyless works, I got it fixed and accidentally lumed by the amazing Palpatine. :D

It does exactly what it should, tells the time, date, does GMT ... looks the fscking business, really. It's the 50th anniversary GMT Rolex should have made.

While waiting for my PO due this week, I'm trying all the steel watches I have, just to get back used to it. Today is this one:

Is this a fantasy watch? Is the replica still in production? It looks very nice. I have seen something that looks like this one, but it was in gold I think?

I’m wearing a Rolex LV “ultimate edition” with black NATO strap. Pugwash thank you for the NATO strap tutorial, its great.

Is this a fantasy watch? Is the replica still in production? It looks very nice. I have seen something that looks like this one, but it was in gold I think?

I’m wearing a Rolex LV “ultimate edition” with black NATO strap. Pugwash thank you for the NATO strap tutorial, its great.

Yes, it's a fantasy, like I said above. It's the one Rolex should have made.

When I bought my first NATO, I bought one for my younger brother to go with the ExpII I got him. He only ever wears that watch and only ever on NATO.

Pugwash,

That is one of the very few rolex I like and I have the non-GMT version as I bought it before they offered the GMT. It is a handsome watch, the green color is very good and it has the best feel for setting the time and turning the crown of any of my watches. It just feels quality and I wish all my watches felt the same even though it is not an ETA movement.

But having said that, every time I try it on it just looks too small on my wrist. I realize my perception has been altered ever since I have bought the PAMs but I will never sell it.

One note concerning the turning of the crown and setting the time which I mentioned. Some of my watches have some slop in the movement that allows the minute hand to flop easily within a 2 minute range when setting. The LV is nice, smooth and tight in setting the time, no slop at all. Any idea what the difference is internally as they are just Asian movements?

My watch today is:

183178-6679.jpg

Usil

I've been wearing this for some time now... It is a band and case from a fellow member's project watch, which I bought last year. The ETA movement that came with it had a problem with the keyless works and so I fittet a cheapo J21 with dial from an old retired GMT II rep. The J21 is ugly as hell, the hands are not correct, I've seen much better dialprint but it keeps great time, better than many of my ETA's.

I meanwhile fixed the keyless on the 2836-2 ETA (tks to rbj69 and Bazz for their great tutorials & pix) and that movement plus the very good dial that came with it will go into another nice case I have... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

183202-6675.jpg