When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Many Received A Po Ultimate With Crown Problem

paragonrep

Hello everyone,

I received my PO Ultimate model today and the crown will not screw down after setting the time for the first time. I've tried applying pressure in the direction of the watch face and all but it just wont take.

How many of you out there have experienced this same problem? I've read about this happening once before about a month ago but had hoped this was a 'fixed' issue. My bad luck I guess.

P

Does it feel like it isn't catching on anything at all? If so, could be the same thing that went wrong my my PO and at least one other PO. Hope it isn't too popular as I was thinking of getting on of the cheaper POs that just came out.

Right...it isn't catching on anything. It will push all the way in but then it just pops right out...I don't feel anything as it turns. The weird thing is that it came with the crown tightly screwed down and it was smooth to unscrew it to set the time. After that....nothin'.

PS - did you send yours for replacement?

Mine just came away in my hand the second time I tried to screw it in after setting the watch to an atomic clock. To be honest I can't see how it actually attaches as there doesn't apear to be a screw thread. Looked like the crown was only connected via a small spring! Confused by it. Sorry my photograhy skills are not up too much or I'd photograph it to let you see what I mean. Currently talking with Andrew to get it fixed. Can't believe I only got to wear it for a day!! :(

Edited by gargoil

The crown on mine was fine upon arrival, but just to be safe I added some silicone grease to the threads and gaskets. If it were my watch I'd pop the movement out and try screwing and unscrewing the crown a number of times to try and smooth out the threads, and if that worked then I'd add some silicone grease to the threads. I don't believe the threads are cut very well.

The HE valve was another issue though as it came off in my hands after a few days I reattached it with Loctite and stopped fiddiling with it :whistling:

BTW my watch has only lost 4 seconds in 2+ weeks of wrist time so I'm more than pleased with the ETA movement.

Just received mine today from Precioustime and the crown is fine. I removed the crown to polish it up as it was just left in a flat steel finish but it works fine so far. The quality of this watch however is simply stunning and the AR although not as strong as the gen is very good by rep standards. Only let down is the lume.

On mine the lume is exceptional. Best by far on any of the reps I own or have seen. AR is also superb. Can't wait to get it back from Andrew all sorted up. Kinda like having a carrott dangled in front of you wering it for a day and then having to send it away...

Just received mine today from Precioustime and the crown is fine. I removed the crown to polish it up as it was just left in a flat steel finish but it works fine so far. The quality of this watch however is simply stunning and the AR although not as strong as the gen is very good by rep standards. Only let down is the lume.

Mine from PT is excellent lume for a rep..

Mine from PT is excellent lume for a rep..

I have one from PT and the lume is fine. Just a couple of other small issues, neither of which is a problem to me. the bezel on mine was so stiff when I got it I thought maybe it didnt turn at all but its starting to ease ok now is this normal on reps? I decided to size the bracelet myself and then wished I paid someone to do it for me, only had to remove two links but they were hell to remove and I broke one pin trying to re-join the links. This is the hardest bracelet I have ever re-sized and I have done a few and yes I do have a link pin remover. Overall excellent watch.

Hello everyone,

I received my PO Ultimate model today and the crown will not screw down after setting the time for the first time. I've tried applying pressure in the direction of the watch face and all but it just wont take.

How many of you out there have experienced this same problem? I've read about this happening once before about a month ago but had hoped this was a 'fixed' issue. My bad luck I guess.

P

I've experienced the same problem with my Andrew's Ultimate PO and it's sent to replacement just now. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 weeks later...

My Planet Ocean was not from Andrew or Joshua, and, to be honest, has several inaccuracies on the dial, but, it was a christmas present from my fiance, so I love it. A week ago, I was adjusting the time (+6 per day) and the crown just refused to screw back down, so I think the threads had stripped in the crown. I've sent it back to my dealer, and they've passed it onto their supplier, so now it's just a case of waiting :)

Mine was from one of the "big" dealers and it came with crown problems

(See here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/Question-Regardi...Mm-t20654.html)

Watch went back. Waiting for replacement.

same here. paragon- mine did exactly the same thing. unscrewed great, even went back in great the first couple of times. after that, it just didn't seem to catch at all. i did find, however, that if i used my finger to turn it while applying pressure (quite a bit) with my thumb, i could get it to catch. the catch with that (no pun) method was that it didn't seem to thread correctly - ending up with about a thumbnail of space between crown and case. send it back - it ain't gonna get betta.