When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rt Dream Watch Forum Unchained....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No restrictions !?!?!?!?!

Steve McQueen Tag Heuer Moncaco!!!!!

A nice patek phillipe w/o complications, just a dress watch!

we definitely need some nice new rep of dress watches...I have some on my mind...just haven't got time to put them in polls since from home i have the shitty dial-up connection!

Just post it in the Rt forum...

Also,.. for all your poll haters, we are not encouraging polls,.. just conversation threads...

Polls will only be posted when needed to clear up potential mega stars....

I think nobody has read this part. :D

The RT Forum is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/RT-Watch-Polls-f129.html

(coo, new PHP caching system. Nice for SEO, Admin ...)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Dear all, I am indeed in hope that the true watch lovers that make the rep watch community present on these forums will push to have the maker of perhaps the most gorgeous watches on the market today repped. I am talking indeed about Jacquet Droz. Following pictures of their most common models:

post-6625-1179073008_thumb.jpg

post-6625-1179073035_thumb.jpg

Here I can't resist uploading two other picture, more technically difficult from a rep maker point of view I guess. Enjoy ;-)

post-6625-1179072995_thumb.jpg

post-6625-1179073042_thumb.jpg

post-6625-1179073022.jpg

post-6625-1179073368_thumb.jpg

this is for the divers in the house :)

247887-8266.jpg

Second that. The LE 750T might be affordable as a genuine, (around $1000) but it still appeals to me as a rep. It's quite an attention getter, the styling is very retro cool and it has a passionate niche following. If this could be repped for what we have come to accept as an affordable replica, like in the low $200s, I think the desireability would trump the lesser cost effectiveness factor of spending 25% of what the genuine costs. It's not always all about getting replicas of mega expensive watches for 5% of the genuine price.

I always fancied myself a little like Dirk Pitt.....um..no..I mean Brad Pitt.

• 3 weeks later...

There are no commercially available mechanical chronograph movements with the Daytona layout for sec at 6. It's an in house rolex design. The 11 gear shuffle on the Asian 7750 is an amazing effort to take a base caliber and gear it up to look like another movement layout but the clone 7750 doesnt have the refinement to get enough power through all of those changes dependably. Ziggy compared it to towing your boat with a 4 cylinder car....it just wont work.

I still think this wants repping (and would be happy to draw up design schematics if it would be of help in the process)

260008-5636.jpg

Are you serious? I can understand wanting....but do you have expectation the replica parts manufactures and assembly houses are capible of producing a replica, even without the tourbi, like this???

Like Solozzo said to Michael in the Godfather just before Michael put a bullet in his head

"You think too much of me kid. I'm not that clever"

Tourbillons. Sapphire dials. Movements (chronograph w/ calandar @ 6:00, above for example)....why even rep a gen w/ a transparent back they'll never get close? Why do a rep of a watch similar in style to 16 already well-repped watches, or a watch that only costs 2.5 times what a decent rep costs?

Here we go--Solid back. Asian 7750 would be a near 1:1 equivalent of gen movements. Aalmost identical cases have already been done numerous times to near perfection. Well known brand name. $8K plus gen cost would make the gen an excellent value. As big a Panerai. OEM dials readily available and a snap to drop in. Works as a dress watch as well as a sport watch. And, most important, a gorgeous out-of-the-ordinary design.

post-53-1181238911_thumb.jpg

post-53-1181238935_thumb.jpg

post-53-1181238961_thumb.jpg

z9z.bmp

post-53-1181239039_thumb.jpg

post-53-1181239086_thumb.jpg

post-53-1181239265_thumb.jpg

post-53-1181239390_thumb.jpg