When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did I Just Buy A Fake Watch?

Noroo

Hi,

I'm a noob at this. I just purchased this watch on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...93509%26fvi%3D1

Could someone tell me if this is a fake or if there is any chance it may be a real Lange and Sohne. I can't even find this watch on Lange and Sohne's website. Please help. Also if it is fake, should I contact ebay and retract my bid?

Thank you,

Jared

Edited by Noroo

Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

Could someone tell me if this is a fake or if there is any chance it may be a real Lange and Sohne. I can't even find this watch on Lange and Sohne's website. Please help. Also if it is fake, should I contact ebay and retract my bid?

Thank you,

Jared

Hahaha...a L&S for that price...this must be a fake friend.

Almost certainly.... to get a real ALS for 200 bucks would be deal of the century!

It's difficult to say much about the watch from that crappy blurry picture but you can clearly see the tourbillon bars(?) that adorn many of the cheap nasty copies I've seen in Bangkok. But in general; cheap looking photo = cheap crappy fake.

Definately suggest you report it to *bay and be thankful that you didn't get stung like this guy! MBW Royal Oak

Welcome to this forum - if you want good value, high quality replicas of very desirable watches then spend some time reading up, asking sensible questions and get ready to lighten your wallet :D

Cheap money, buy it and have fun with it. I cleaned the photo up and it looks decent. You know, you never know. Worth the shot IMO.

Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...93509%26fvi%3D1

Thank you,

Jared

I guess that by now everybody should have realized that the times when you could buy valuable stuff incredibly cheap on Ebay are long gone.... No one will sell a watch that is worth 20.000$ for 200$. There is no little Grandma that sells her late hubby's wristwach (Lange? never heard of that crap..!) on the bay for 1% of the actual value... WAKE UP!!!

If it is 200$, you don't even have to look at the picture to know this is a FAKE. Lange leather wristbands sell for more than that...

I have yet to see a good quality Lange rep ... the two posted here are pure fantasy models...

K' Berg:

I appreciate your candor as well as everyone else's in the forum. The question still in my mind being completely new to this whole "buying over the internet" through eBay is that I was under the impression that eBay prohibits replica's from being sold on their site. Obviously, when I saw this auction, I knew it "stank"of being a rep, but I figured for 3 bones, how bad could it be. After speaking to seller, he vehemently attests the watch is legit. From an visual standpoint, do you have any specific examples of why its definitely a rep (other than the price)? I own a gen ALS, however I do not proclaim myself to be an expert at identifying rep vs. gen.

The price alone is a dead give away b/c no one in their right or wrong mind would basically just give the piece away. So it appears that I convinced myself that I was indeed making the "deal of the century" What a schmuck I am!

Matthew

After speaking to seller, he vehemently attests the watch is legit.

Tell him to send you quality pictures of the actual watch, with a note next to it with your name and todays date.

Then you know he actually have that particular watch.

But that said, it doesn't mean you'll recieve it.

Buying on the net is sometimes very hard.