When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ot: Human Quartz Watch Killer?

kidxer

Has anyone ever heard of someone not being able to wear quartz watches because they always fail? I know someone who claims they can only wear mechanical watches because when she wears quartz watches, they die/stop working! :blink: :cc_confused:

I find it hard to believe/understand... but I am not an expert on watches... or the supernatural!

Has anyone ever heard of someone not being able to wear quartz watches because they always fail? I know someone who claims they can only wear mechanical watches because when she wears quartz watches, they die/stop working! :blink: :cc_confused:

Yeah, this happens. It's like some people crash computers more than others. We got one guy an anti-static mat as a wrist-rest, for instance, and it stopped his computer crashing.

Bizzare, but true. It may be related to how near pylons you live or whether or not the mains trunk in your house runs past the head of your bed. I have no idea, but it happens.

I've got an uncle with a pacemaker who can fast forward the DVD player every time he takes a deep breath. He also pisses himself and forgets his name for 30 minutes after using a microwave. But I don't know what kind of watch he wears.

Holy smackers! I thought that only happened to me!!! ;)

You don't wanna know what happens when I use the electric weed-whacker!!! :crazy:

My mom can't wear quartz watches. She's not sure why, but she will wear it for less than a day and the battery is dead. I guess like most women (do to men) she just sucks the life out of that poor little battery. ;) I'm not sure if she can wear mechanical watches though because she can only wear certain metals next to her skin too, now I know this may be tempting, but remember this is my mom, so lets try to keep the comments dignified. :):black_eye: