When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Going To Happen? Horrifying Story!

flavor flav

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RiverwindMDS
Another example of replica misuse. Mr Bigstuff about to take a fall.

What kind of money do these people make that doofus passes off a Cartier as genuine to his wife? If I came home with a $5000 watch on my wrist some day without discussing it with Mrs Cranium, you can be damn sure she'd want to know where I got the money, why I spent it without talking about it, how irresponsible it was....and I don't think it would be on my wrist for very long.

If I'm going to scam my wife, (just a hypothetical honey!!!!) I'd buy a genuine and pass it off as a fake to her. At least that way I'd get to keep it.

My god, what the hell...

It is [censored]ing crazy.

Nobody here have a fricking liberty, me too...

Can we have a little freedom or not?

My god, what the hell...

no.....no freedom! not this guy. his wife asks alot of questions and expects good answers. where his money went.....lost a bet and his co-worker had to sell him his cartier for $150. "it's ok i spent the money because it was the deal of a lifetime" his wife not mad..... everythings good!

My god, what the hell...

We are not the victims.

We sometimes forget that we are (more than willingly) the ones who disobey the law. The rep industry is an illegal one and we are sustaining it (gladly too :lol: ).

We enjoy our little hobby but thats not saying it`s a legal one.

We are not the victims.

We sometimes forget that we are (more than willingly) the ones who disobey the law. The rep industry is an illegal one and we are sustaining it (gladly too :lol: ).

We enjoy our little hobby but thats not saying it`s a legal one.

there is far worse things we can be doing. we are just collectors....

Right. Ferrari can't confiscate your car any more than Cartier can confiscate your watch. However this doesn't mean they WON'T. Because who (besides me :D) is going to sue over a $150 watch, after all? So I can easily see where they'd illegally confiscate the watch and bully the owner just as much as I can see them returning it (serviced or not). Still makes for a great story and an interesting one to follow.

I think it could be interesting if they did destroy the watch. You take them to court, and say for them to prove that it was a fake. Produce the watch and show me the fake bits. No watch? You destroyed it? Fine, give me another; and it was the 18K gold model by the way....

Course they might say produce the bill of sale. Wonder if "I won it in a poker game" would work. Well gambling is illegal you know? Ha! I was in Las Vegas at the time! Well then, you obviously declared the winnings on your taxes? But I just won it in December and I haven't filed my taxes yet. Gimme my watch damn it!

/Tim

Thanks for the turn down memorey lane! I loved my Fiero back in '90 even though it was only the 4 cylinder version.

I've still got my mint 1984 Fiero. It was the first "real" car I bought, not counting some early "beaters". It's been stored every winter and sees only limited use in the summer months. It's a sweet little car to drive!

there is far worse things we can be doing. we are just collectors....

Ours is a virtually victimless illegal activity, but it is based on criminal enterprise. Denying that is sticking our heads in sand.

Let's face it, we are in the wrong, and that's part of the appeal.

I've still got my mint 1984 Fiero. It was the first "real" car I bought, not counting some early "beaters". It's been stored every winter and sees only limited use in the summer months. It's a sweet little car to drive!

Oooooohhhhh sweet.

My honey was a 1980 Mazda RX-7 white with a leather interior. I had it up until a few years ago, rubbed it with a diaper and treated it better than I treat my wife in many ways. Sold it because of storage and insurance issues and it broke my heart.

Oooooohhhhh sweet.

My honey was a 1980 Mazda RX-7 white with a leather interior. I had it up until a few years ago, rubbed it with a diaper and treated it better than I treat my wife in many ways. Sold it because of storage and insurance issues and it broke my heart.

Well I guess we know who the rich kids were LOL... mine was a 1971.5 chevy vega... 4 on the floor!!! HAHAHA

My track car is an 86 RX-7! B)

Don't want to get off the topic too much, but have you had any reliability problems? The thought of buying a rotary engine scares the hell out of me, but the RX-7's are just such great cars!

Do some research. The Wankel is so superior to the piston engine in simplicity and efficiency that had 60 years of piston engine technology not preceeded it, it would have "revolutionized" the automotive industry. A piston engine can't compare to it when it comes to weight/HP ratio, number of critical moving parts, and stability at high revolutions. A rotary engine actually becomes more stable the faster it revs. I could go on and on!!!!

Yup. I keep checking it to see if there's an update on this story, but instead have to read about Wanky engines.

Guys, fancy starting an off-topic thread? 9 off-topic posts shows there's sufficient interest.

Weeeel, ok, actually I have owned two Rx7's, the last one being a 1985 GSL SE. It came with the 13B engine for the first time, (80 cubic inches instead of 70). Those motors are absolutely bulletproof and turbinelike in performance. The only downside is they weren't as fuel efficient (not terrible) as some desired. I am part of the hijacking now, geeez. :black_eye:

Edited by Torques

• 1 month later...