When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew's New "ultimate" Sub

DWSmoot

I'm with Tribal plus this one achieves the deeper set dial by locating the crown (and movement) very low on the case. Judging from the photos, the crown is almost off the case. :( It would be hard as hell to get an OEM tube into this case.

With the gen, the bottom of the crown is flush with the case. Really, these guys need to start with a clean slate and finally get this watch accurate, specially at this price point. They did it with the PO and others so why not the Sub & SD? :whistling:

I don't know what is ultimate on this Sub?

Agreed.

Seems that the $458 "Ultimate" description is basically the same as the $308 "Perfect" description except for:

Watch has been re-worked specially on the Case & Bracelet to make this the "Ultimate" version.

I am very glad and very fortunate to get an MBW.

I'm with Tribal plus this one achieves the deeper set dial by locating the crown (and movement) very low on the case. Judging from the photos, the crown is almost off the case. :( It would be hard as hell to get an OEM tube into this case.

With the gen, the bottom of the crown is flush with the case. Really, these guys need to start with a clean slate and finally get this watch accurate, specially at this price point. They did it with the PO and others so why not the Sub & SD? :whistling:

Sub's crown is centered on the case. Seadweller's crown is flushed with the bottom of the case.

-bm

Sub's crown is centered on the case. Seadweller's crown is flushed with the bottom of the case.

-bm

CORRECT!! If some correct facts rather than speculation were posted it might better inform the newer members and some others who have never even handled one in reality

Well, I actually ordered one from him a couple of weeks ago. He did not have this offer at the time, but apparently he is not using the TW Best Sub case, he is using a different case not shown on the site, which in his words is "the best case made in China", with the same thickness as the genuine sub, 14.5mm.

He has promised me it would ship numerous times, and when I ask him why it hasn't shipped I get excuses. I paid extra for the sanding of the bracelet so I understand some of the delay.

He doesn't give me straight answers when I ask him questions, so to tell you the truth I don't know what to expect when the watch comes in. If the date optic is to far to the right like it is in this picture I will not be pleased. BTW, why do the crown guards look like crap in the picture, couldn't he have found a better picture to display on his site? IT looks like he milled it with a hand file.

When it comes in, I'll be posting pictures. I estimate it will be in between now and next Easter.