When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Reps New Revolution - The Long Awaited Date Cyclops & Font

trustywatchguy

Hmm, looks pretty good to me...what particular CD/crown detail is bugging you ? :mellow:

cheers,

babola

The crown looks like it has less teeth than the gen, the crown guard lever end point is not curved like the gen or other replicas for that matter - I will further illustrate with my own pictures once I recieve the watch - the pictures could show a prototype, at least I am hoping they do

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crown looks like it has less teeth than the gen, the crown guard lever end point is not curved like the gen or other replicas for that matter - I will further illustrate with my own pictures once I recieve the watch - the pictures could show a prototype, at least I am hoping they do

I think you're just being uber-anal this time ;)

Some of my reps have the same looking CG and crown, but wouldn't call them 'incorrect'. Besides, Andrew never said they've re-done CG and crown on this 92 rep version :)

Edited by babola

It's looking damn good, certainly an improvement on the previous versions.

Regarding the crown and crown guard, the crown looks slightly off, but not so much as to bother me.

Here are some good pics of the gen:

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Panerai-Lumin...tos-No_4058.htm

Looking forward to the Arktos North Pole if it's as good as this!

The North Pole will have these same features? That is truly exciting if so, though I have not had any experience with Asian 7750-based GMTs.

This is what I was also thinking. It would be great if the North Pole had these same specs as it is still in production. Then I finally will be TEMPTED to get my first set of Pams (as flaws which held me back would be resolved). And same question on the Asian 7750, how is the durability ect versus a swiss.

Edited by mumum

So maybe it's just super-anal me, but the lume in Andrew's pic looks really bad. The date font is improved but not quite right. The cyclops looks good as does the crown. But if I were to buy this watch, I'd still want a The Zigmeister lume job and an archibald/kruzer datewheel.

I'll second that. Improvement - yes. But nowhere near the real thing. I'll stick with my non-date PAMs.