When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Banned From Rwi. Again!

Sherrington

Just tried to log into RWI, and got this message:-

"You have been banned from this forum.

Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information."

Anyone else getting this, or has Klink remembered the spat we had a while ago and decided to ban me again?

Klink is no longer a mod/admin as of yesterday at RWI.

Anyone else getting this, or has Klink remembered the spat we had a while ago and decided to ban me again?

@Klink got fired yesterday for banning [and then deleting Pugs]...

Send a note to Tim @ drmmaster@adelphia.net

I'm sure he can get you handled...

TT

Maybe Klink was jealous because Pug had bigger post count... and deleted him. :lol:

Wonder why the first bannings took place back then... maybe it was a similar situation... admin on a weird "power trip"?

You know, I've seen this before on other sites and it always puzzles me. I collect telegraph keys, mostly prior to 1900, and some of the list owners think of themselves as Gods. They dictate THEIR morals and they want you to follow THEIR thought process. And, if you don't then they simply boot you off. How mature. I run a list in Google Groups that is a 'by invitation only.' It's set up that way because we want to keep it small (no more than 40 members worldwide) and intimate. The larger the group list becomes the more problems pop up simply because there are so many different personalities. It's to be expected. Even on the small list I run there's in-fighting. You just accept it and move on. And, I'm not immune to it because I run the List either. They get into me, too, but, I pay not attention to it. Life's to short for crap like booting people because you take exception to what they say. List owners need to be adults, not spoiled children.

Maybe Klink was jealous because Pug had bigger post count... and deleted him. :lol:

Wonder why the first bannings took place back then... maybe it was a similar situation... admin on a weird "power trip"?

This is very strange politic ... now maybe Pug and other member have "power ban max" ?

Life is good when banned is god!!

@Klink got fired yesterday for banning [and then deleting Pugs]...

Send a note to Tim @ drmmaster@adelphia.net

I'm sure he can get you handled...

TT

Good grief! Unnecessary drama....

I started avoiding RWI because it seemed a little rough-n-tumble lately.

/Tim

Edited by Tim

I collect telegraph keys, mostly prior to 1900,

Even on the small list I run there's in-fighting. You just accept it and move on.

Telegraph keys????? :g: Isn't that a little obscure?

If there are people involved at all it will be like that. We can be a very contrary species. It's a wonder we've survived as long as we have.

Not to drift off too far afield, but I was watching this show on PBS a few days ago about Bonobo monkeys. They compared them to Chimps which apparently are a ruthless and nasty little group. Chimp males run the show and frequently go around killing each other, eating their own babies, and generalized mayhem. With Bonobo monkeys the females run the show. Their answer to everything is sex. If two Bonobo's are mad at each other they go off and hump each other and everything is right again. Makes you wonder sometimes....

Of course the moralists among us would never tolerate the situation because the Bonobo's don't care too much about the sex of the participants or the age for that matter. (Not that I am advocating any such behavior mind you....) Can you imagine having to hump Klink????? The only picture I have of him in my mind's eye is his avatar (howls of laughter!)

/Tim

Edited by Tim