When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy: Omega Po Rubber Band 20 Mm.

vmena

Some weeks a go I posted that I made a contact that sells PO rubber bands for 20 mm. and he claimed they fit perfectly a genuine PO 42.5. Since I knew some people in these forums stated that the rep bands sold by some of our dealers did not fit the 20 mm. version, I decided to make a test with this new band to check if it could work for us. I had some issues to solve before: the dealer wanted too much money (around 80 USD) and I did not have a PO. I found a member from RWI who nicely made the test (thanks NAVI, great job) and I discussed a bit with the dealer and finally he gave me a significant discount (35 euros, about 45 USD).

Following NAVI test results, the band is of a great quality (I agree 'cause I had it before in my hands and I had a gen one some time a go) and fits perfectly the watch, after some maneuvers. These are:

• Use thinner spring bars (about 1.15 mm)
  • You may have to remove some extra plastic around the band spring holes (factory reminders)
  • There's a single pin in the middle of the band end (where attach to the case) that must be cut. This could be previously done by the dealer.

Apart of this, he band seems great, and if we find a minimum of 20 members (I will post this in RWG, TRC and RWI) the band could be bought by 35 euros and shipping would be around another 5 euros so total 40 euros (around 52 USD).

Again typical clarifications: I'm doing this to help forum members save some money... no benefit for me but enjoying if this works good. Payment would by paypal to me and I would ship it by registered mail. No way to pay the dealer directly because he's not taking paypal and also I would not like making publicity of these forums to unknown people.

Find hereafter pics of the strap and post your interest in this thread. As soon I have 20 people interested, I will proceed. Black and Orange available, but I haven't had any orange in my hands and I suspect that those colors must be difficult to make close to gen, so ONLY BLACK this time.

207487-248.jpg

207487-249.jpg

207487-250.jpg

207487-251.jpg

207487-252.jpg

207487-253.jpg

207487-254.jpg

207487-255.jpg

207487-256.jpg

207487-257.jpg

207487-258.jpg

Not in 22 mm. A member at RWI PM'd me saying this is the same band than Joshua is selling and that theres a significant gap between end of the band and case. I'm adding a new pic to show (IMHO) that there's no gap... but I've asked NAVI to make a wrist shot to ensure it is not happening.

207589-229.jpg

207589-230.jpg

I'm in for one as well

Also have a couple of Q's:

Will the thinner springbars be provided by the dealer? And will the single pin at the band end be pre-cut by the dealer?

Thanks again for putting this together

Great Job... If it really fits good, PM me for one as well... 1.15mm spring bars?... :mellow:

Will the thinner springbars be provided by the dealer? And will the single pin at the band end be pre-cut by the dealer?
I asked the dealer to cut the pin... I think he will do it. No spring bars but I'll ask him just in case...

Great Job... If it really fits good, PM me for one as well... 1.15mm spring bars?... :mellow:

This is the info NAVI gave to me... :)

Would be interested in the orange one, end nipples cut and the thinner spring bars... need some for the Doxa too!

I'll know later on in the week what I get paid at the new job.

Pics from NAVI (thanks a lot) Now all of you know how this band fits... and take in account that NAVI's wrist is a thin one... so if still interested, mail to plmemavi@gmail.com with the subject PO RUBBER... If we put 20 orders together the group buy can go ahead!

208942-17103.jpg

208942-17104.jpg

208942-17105.jpg

Oky, a pet emergency last night has put a nice dent in my wallet. I will definitely have the money for one strap next wednesday, but I would really like to order two. Would it be possible to have one 'put by' for me so I can get the second strap when I have more free cash available?

Please disregard previous posts/email

Sorry guys, but I've found a source for the straps which is much lower in price. Sorry to be a dropout, but I've got to watch the cash at the moment, and a cheaper source makes things a little easier. Sorry again...

Please disregard previous posts/email

Sorry guys, but I've found a source for the straps which is much lower in price. Sorry to be a dropout, but I've got to watch the cash at the moment, and a cheaper source makes things a little easier. Sorry again...

PLease... if you have found a cheaper source with the same or better quality let us know so we can take advantage of...