When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Golf Equipment

Mickey Padge

Slay are your clubs the X-Tour forged models?

Ken

Edit; not that I doubt your infallible wisdom slay but his 839 ebay customers all gave him positive feedback, you may want to inspect those clubs a little closer before you dump them.

I have no Idea what X-Tour forged means, but it says on the callaway website that Fusion Wide sole are partly made out of titanium (just google "fusion wide sole" -> http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.CLUBS.Irons...onWideSole.html ). Because of that they have a MUCH bigger club head and are still not heavier than regular club heads.

Besides from the titanium, there are a LOT of other things that tell you that those clubs are fake. On a 2000$ set if irons, there wont be no fallen of lettering. There will also be no blurry printing on the labels.

Also, if you read previous comments, you would notice that there is someone else here who bought supposedly genuine golf clubs from the guy which were CHEAP junk.

After I confronted the bigsheep golf guy, he said "all in asia are like this". I told him I was going to pay him a visit next time I'm in china. Here's a map of where his shop is at: http://www.bigsheep.com/golf/ebayeach/each/newmap_each.gif

839 positive feedbacks, I would say 99.9% were fake/clone clubs and the customers knew. Being registered in China, its almost impossible to sell callaway on ebay nowerdays. They will pull the auction straight away.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how he sells both clone and genuine clubs on his site though... that might be how he tricks his customers? although with so many positive feedbacks.... hmm....

He probalby thinks if he sells "good" copys, noone will notice. The 200$ irons are probalby worse than what I got.

Plus most genuine clubs arnt made out of titanium, so there isnt really a way to tell if they are gen or not (besides the imperfections, but most people dont look at that). But since I bought clubs with a titanium body and tested it with a magnet, I know that the clubs are fake.

Whats even MORE suspicious, they came bagged, each iron in a plastic bag (as it should be), but the bag did NOT have the actual name of the club on it, it had the name of a different club on it.

Slay you have paid an absolute premium for these clubs, you can buy gen in Germany for the kind of money you are talking about, surely you know what brand and model of clubs you bought? :blink:

Ken

Slay you have paid an absolute premium for these clubs, you can buy gen in Germany for the kind of money you are talking about, surely you know what brand and model of clubs you bought? :blink:

Ken

what are you talking about? I said 1000 times now which model I bought, I even posted the URL for you with specs

they have serial numbers. But the matrix code next to the serial looks the same on all of the sets. Also on 1 set the matrix code is not lasered properly

edit: I see 2Tone is following this discussion closely but is not participating ;)

edit2: ok, now he IS participating ;)

one thing i don't understand though, i notice there are many sellers selling genuine iron sets on ebay cheaper than bigsheep offers them.... why don't you guys buy from there? is there something i am missing?

because those are also almost all FAKE irons. Just read thorugh the eBay reviews and you will notice that there are a lot of people who know their share and recieved dozens of fake sets already. Try to ask any of those sellers for a serial number to check with callaway and see if you get a response...!

I see....anyway... thanks for the heads up slay... i was close to buying one club to test the guy out...

but don't worry... I have connections in asia... haha... i will get some ppl to go visit him at his shop to look at his so called real clubs...

the ones I ordered are supposed to be made of titanium (fusion wide sole). They have a serial number, but that does not prove anything. My submariner has a serialnumber also. So do ALL of my fake watches. At least fake watches are made out of real titanium!!

The serial number in itself doesn't prove anylthing. However, if you contact Callaway, they will gladly verify if the clubs are genuine or not.

BTW, Fusion irons are not completely made of titanium so you may want to check the club face with your magnet. What were you thinking when you bought these clubs. The Wide Sole Fusion clubs only retail for a little over $1000 in the US. You could buy those irons plus driver and two fairwoods for the money you paid. Are you new to golf? I don't mean to appear out of line here but, doesn't it seem rather foolish to buy from an unknow source half way around the world, sight unseen, for a price that you could have purchased them locally for.

The serial number in itself doesn't prove anylthing. However, if you contact Callaway, they will gladly verify if the clubs are genuine or not.

BTW, Fusion irons are not completely made of titanium so you may want to check the club face with your magnet. What were you thinking when you bought these clubs. The Wide Sole Fusion clubs only retail for a little over $1000 in the US. You could buy those irons plus driver and two fairwoods for the money you paid. Are you new to golf? I don't mean to appear out of line here but, doesn't it seem rather foolish to buy from an unknow source half way around the world, sight unseen, for a price that you could have purchased them locally for.

How many times do I have to say this... ALLLLLLLL parts of the clubs are magnetic. There is not ONE single spot of titanium.

1000$ from the US plus 100$ shipping plus 200$ import taxes etc. etc. i would have paid twice the price for irons from the us.