When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Owner's Views Of Carrera Tag Chrono Red Hands...

kidxer

To those that own a Tag Carrera Chrono like this one:

208870-17115.jpg

Your thoughts on any of the following would be apopreciated:

Will it wear (and wear) well?

Is the case sturdy?

Does it seal well?

Would you wear it in a shower?

Is it too shiny?

Does the bezel sctratch/scuff easily?

How is it is rubber vs. SS?

Thanks... trying to decide (interestingly, the other watch I'm leaning toward is a Seiko auto chrono like:

208870-17116.jpg

or this:

208870-17117.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts :victory:

I love my Carrera on steel. I did not like it near as much on rubber. It is exceptional quality. I have washed it in the sink but would not wear it in the shower. Holding the gen right before the holding the rep shows this rep looks and feels like the real deal. It is one of the best reps I have ever seen. It's only true flaw is the date font.

I have worn this into ADs and never got a suspecting eye...even when standing next to the very case containing the gen. Unless you know to look for the date issue you would never know.

As for it's reliability compared to the Seiko...better go for the Seiko unless you plan to service the 7750 in the TAG. It is a great watch, but I am sure you are aware of the potential movement issues when unserviced.

I've had mine for about a week and so far it's been great. I bought mine from Vmena, who originally purchased it from King, so I don't know if that has any bearing on things. It's my first A7750 so I'm quite careful about how I use it (don't change date after 10pm, reset the chrono between 10 and 2 ect.) I haven't had it serviced yet as I'm still waiting for a quote from a local watch repairers, but to be honest I may just chance it.

The power reserve seems to be a bit low, but I've since read that the A7750 only winds in one direction (didn't know this before purchase) and perhaps this is why I'm finding it not lasting as long as my gen Aquaracer or copy Rolex Sub Eta. I still get about 18-24hrs if I have it on all day and take it off when I get home from work. Maybe I'm being too picky, after all it is a rep.

The movement is unaltered and the seconds sub dial at 9 o'clock sweeps cleanly without any skips or jumps. However when using the chrono, the minute hand (at 12 o'clock) clicks forward when the second hand reaches 58 seconds. For me this isn't a big deal as I don't use the chrono and besides, if I was wanting to time something accurately I wouldn't use a copy anyway :winkiss:

The chrono buttons feel solid when you push them in.. there's a definitive 'click' which feels very similar to my gen Aquaracer. I doubt you'd be able to accidentally activate the chrono and risk any damage to the A7750 while out and about wearing it.

The crown pulls out (doesn't unscrew) so I'm not sure what that means for water resistance? I don't wear my watches in the shower or out scuba diving (scuba what?) so this doesn't bother me :)

I've got both the SS and Rubber straps. They both feel extremely well made - the SS bracelet particularly. The polished links are actually separate to the brushed stainless steel sections. Resizing was actually very easy despite what some other members have said, although we did use a proper tool. This may also have been aided by Vmena having cleaned and oiled it before sending it to me - thanks Vmena! ;) The release catch also feels very well made - in my opinion much better than the Omega Ultimate PO release clasp. The ends of the links all seem to be cleanly finished, except for the last ones, which are only noticeable when not wearing the watch.

I actually bought this watch for the rubber strap, but because it uses a deployment buckle (which again is very well made) and having small wrists (thanks mum :rolleyes: ) it just doesn't fit on my wrist correctly. I'm not disappointed though, the SS is fine.

The dial is extremely well replicated. I haven't gone as far as to measure the sizes of the hour markers ect., but comparing it to a gen in a ADs window made me appreciate the copy even more. The only niggle I have about the dial on this model, is that the chrome finish around the sub dials at 12 and 6 have a slightly jagged edge where they meet the pattern around the outer edge. Noticeable only up close and for me, not a big deal. If this is the type of thing that bothers you, there are three other Carrera models where I think this problem doesn't exist because there isn't a patterned edge, so pick one of those (brown's my next favourite!).

The date is slightly off centre - towards the top right, however the font looks to be correct. It doesn't bother me too much and on some days it actually appears centred. I think this is something that can be changed, but I'm not sure?

The only lume is on the hour and minute hands, which unless it's held under a lamp for several seconds, doesn't really do anything. This is also the same on my gen Aquaracer, so maybe Tag lume is really crap and it's actually a good copy :whistling:

In certain light the red hands sometimes, to my eyes, look cheap. I can't really explain it, they just don't look to have the same quality as the rest of the watch. They look like they're plastic (I'm not sure, are watch hand made of metal or plastic?) so again, if this is something that might bother you, then pick one of the other models available.

A couple of small points - There’s no AR on the crystal (the same as the gen), it has a glass back so you can see the nicely engraved rotor and there’s also the same engravings as the original.

If you can live with the A7750 then it’s a great watch. Very close copy. I have no problems wearing it around friends who wear expensive gens and would be surprised if an AD spotted it wasn’t real without having a proper inspection. Buy it and enjoy it!

I have mine for almost two months now, and it's more or less my daily beater. Very precise (haven't done any testing, but it may loose 1 minute in 7-14 days), excellent quality. I'm careful with A7750, but it's OK so far. I haven't tried if it's waterproof, except for washing hands :rolleyes: but I plan to take it to watchsmith to check all gaskets and seals, so I'm not taking any risks. As for power reserve, it's very good (I'm not an expert really, since it's my first auto movement), it is definitely between 36 and 48 hrs - again I haven't tested it, but sometimes I don't wear it for two days and I find it still ticking. I ordered SS bracelet additionally and it's much better than rubber - at least for me. Rubber band does not fit small wrists like mine, because it can't really band in first cm on watch side, so it looks kind of wrong - maybe on bigger wrist it will fit better - you can see it in this pic:

209132-17093.jpg

Only problem I have is wrong date font - not a bit wrong like other guys point, but completely and terribly wrong:

209132-17094.jpg

I'm currently trying to find swiss 7750 on ebay to swap it together with datewheel :whistling: because it seems stock ETA datewheels are really hard to find - at least for me :wounded1:

The other thing that is different from the gen is movement decoration - in gen some bridges (I think these things are called bridges <_< ) on the movement are decorated, on A7750 they are all flat (thay are also flat on most swiss 7750).

I don't have any pics with SS bracelet so far, but I'll try to take some and post them here.

bye

Only problem I have is wrong date font - not a bit wrong like other guys point, but completely and terribly wrong:

209211-17074.jpg

I'm currently trying to find swiss 7750 on ebay to swap it together with datewheel :whistling: because it seems stock ETA datewheels are really hard to find - at least for me :wounded1:

The other thing that is different from the gen is movement decoration - in gen some bridges (I think these things are called bridges <_< ) on the movement are decorated, on A7750 they are all flat (thay are also flat on most swiss 7750).

I don't have any pics with SS bracelet so far, but I'll try to take some and post them here.

bye

i have seen THREE different date font versions on the rubber tag carrera!!! WT*?!

i have a eta7750 make offer in PM.

I've had one with a rubber strap for about a month and unfortunately mine has some issues.

1. It arrived with a flawed dial. The dealer sent me a new dial but I haven't found anyone who can swap it for me.

2. It gains about 5 minutes per day.

3. Power reserve is only about 20 hours.

On the bright side, no one but me notices the dial flaws, and aside from that I think it looks fantastic. I have a dozen watches to choose from, so I almost always have to reset any of my watches before I wear one. Also, my watches live on a winder, so the short-ish power reserve is not an issue. I like the rubber strap, I have decent sized wrists and it fits comfortably and looks right.

I have the black SS, Silver SS and Black/red Rubber Carrera models. The one's I located have the close to proper fonts. I believe this is one of the most accurate reps out right now. I was particularily impressed with the Black Carrera with the red hands and rubber strap. The rubber strap feels and reacts like a high quality rubber strap. I agree it makes the watch less "dressy" but I can't bring myself to remove the rubber strap as it is dead-on to the original. I have handled the real Black/red Carrera with the rubber strap and I walked away from the AD (Authorized Dealer) more impressed with the replica's accuracy.

Only one real flaw on the Carrera..........what?..................after wearing Panerai PAM 111H's, Fiddy's, La Bomba etc and Breitling Bentley's, the Carrera feels and wears too small. Tag Heuer must recognize this size issue as they are about to release a 43-44mm Carrera at Basel 2007. All the style and a bigger case..........start saving now boys and watch the dealer section!!

TimeShare

Really nice pictures of the silver face model!

The box set does look good.. It is a pity that the instructions booklet only is available for the calibre 3,5,7 which is the 2836 and 2892 based models ( i think..)

I have the 2014, racing model, and am very satisfied! :) The "ragged" subdials is much less noticable than expected. Dial pattern is crisp and clear, winding crown feels nice and the decorated rotor is nicely exceuted. Datefont ia a bit off and the bridges on the movement is not polished as on the gen.. But nevertheless the movement looks clean. A very good watch!

@lenix, that is a very nice looking watch! I am considering the silver dial carrera and I think your photos clinch it for me. I didn't think the silver dial would look so good with a rubber strap but it looks great on the rubber or the bracelet. Thanks for posting the pics.

I hope this Carrera model is made soon.....,simply stunning IMO :o

214044-16122.jpg

Maybe if Tag makes it :whistling: So far it's fantasy watch, as far as I can see on Tag web. Although, rep makers already have one quite similar, at least king have it on site - http://www.cclv.net/TAG-053.htm - maybe if you talk them into putting black dial in it, you have your dream Carrera :thumbsupsmileyanim:

EDIT: Oh my, Andrew just added it - http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1315

So is it fantasy or Tag really makes Carrera chrono with SS bezel :huh:

bye

Maybe if Tag makes it :whistling: So far it's fantasy watch, as far as I can see on Tag web. Although, rep makers already have one quite similar, at least king have it on site - http://www.cclv.net/TAG-053.htm - maybe if you talk them into putting black dial in it, you have your dream Carrera :thumbsupsmileyanim:

EDIT: Oh my, Andrew just added it - http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1315

So is it fantasy or Tag really makes Carrera chrono with SS bezel :huh:

bye

wow nice find! :Jumpy:

does anyone on here have this model yet?

Guys what do you think of this Carrera with silver bezel??

looks very nice, might get this silver bezel version but with black face....

http://www.loudfrog.com/itemdetail.aspx?detailID=166604

Sorry to be so blunt, but that is crap. The whole site is crap. You're new. Do some homework on these boards and you'll find some really quality reps.....not those canal street knockoffs.

This board was designed to save you from those sites. Take advantage............or not.