When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Outstanding Rolex Gmt Inserts From Ebay

By-Tor

Bought 2 bezel aftermarket inserts from Ebay just for fun. The inserts need to be filed thinner for perfect fit (which is easy with sandpaper). The color is perfect (for the Pepsi insert). Turqoise/blue and red are spot on (and not too dark & matte like on most aftermarket inserts). The dot between 8 and 10 is perfect too.

Seller: wholesaleoutlet990/jewelryoutlet

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-RING-FOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

If you're looking for one for your Master this seller is highly recommended. Just mention what color you're after.

I'll take pictures later.

Guest aclaimsman

I am glad this guy sent you decent inserts, I ordered one from him for a 16610 late last year and had to send them back they were so bad. Maybe the GMT inserts come from a different supplier than the Subs.

How has your communication been with the seller? I have sent MULTIPLE e-mails to the guy, none of which have been replied to. I went ahead and purchased an insert for my sub on 2/22/07, and still can't get a response from the guy.

After you bought yours, did you get any correspondence stating that the item had shipped, or did it just show up in your mail?

I am glad this guy sent you decent inserts, I ordered one from him for a 16610 late last year and had to send them back they were so bad. Maybe the GMT inserts come from a different supplier than the Subs.

Damn, thats not what I wanted to hear. The insert I just ordered was for a 16610 :huh:

I got a verification of the shipment, yes. No communication at all... I just clicked and bought them... and mentioned the color in the subject.

This insert is the best aftermarket one I've seen. Most of them have the dot between 10 and 8 placed too low... see my watch:

209149-17089.jpg

Since this picture I bought another one with better dot placement...but paid $50 for it. This is just as good quality for $8.

I got the pepsi one and like you said it's very decent looking. I ordered the red/black as well. Besides the GMT inserts, their black sub insert is pretty good too. The print is very nice. The numbers are crisp and square. The bars (at 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 55) are edge to edge. The pearl is round and recessed. The color is a little on the yellow side though, a little white/pearl nail polish can fix that.

-bm

I also wanted to surprise my dad and bought a insert for his genuine Master (with plastic crystal). The insert is very good. I don't know if he wants the Pepsi though (he has black/red insert installed on his watch). But hey... for $8 it isn't a big deal. :)

Sorry for the lousy pic... taken without my setup.

209159-17088.jpg

Faisal Ali operates at least two stores on ebay (maybe more) and I've found him to be definitely hit or miss on his knock-off Rolex parts. I'm with aclaimsman and would definitely avoid him if you're looking for a 16610 insert (I like the Raymond James inserts better). But when you're only spending $12-13, it's no big deal.

This guys somewhere down the street out in the burbs of Houston (Sugar Land), so when I do order from him, I end up having to pay state sales tax.

I got my 16610 insert from him and constantly get asked where it's from. I rate it highly.

209171-17086.jpg

209171-17087.jpg

And just for the record... "milling" the insert thinner is a piece of cake. ANYONE can do it. You only need rough sandpaper and a lot of patience. Tape over the upper (visible) part to protect it from scratches.

It needs to be made thinner because it fits better to the bezel ring this way... and the crystal height becomes better. If you leave it as it is the crystal and insert will look "flat". I'll post some pics when I have time later today...

Ok guys... here's some better shots.

I filed the insert even thinner than before. I'd say the crystal height is just about right now... or what's the verdict?

209321-17057.jpg

The insert. This is for my dad's genuine with plastic crystal... the insert for sapphire version is similar quality:

209321-17058.jpg

Faisal Ali operates at least two stores on ebay (maybe more) and I've found him to be definitely hit or miss on his knock-off Rolex parts. I'm with aclaimsman and would definitely avoid him if you're looking for a 16610 insert (I like the Raymond James inserts better). But when you're only spending $12-13, it's no big deal.

This guys somewhere down the street out in the burbs of Houston (Sugar Land), so when I do order from him, I end up having to pay state sales tax.

I had the misfortune of buying a bezel insert for my Submariner last year, and it was utter junk. I would advise anyone to avoid him like the plague. Any time someone leaves him negative feedback on his other auctions, he uses the same reply: "LIAR. All customers satisfied with product/service." He even admitted to me in one email that he was aware fo the problem with the Submariner bezels and that he was trying to get his factory to fix it, so he is well aware that he is selling [censored]. I even lodged a complaint with paypal, but he simply ignored them untill the time had passed. Once more, avoid like the plague.

I bought the red/black from him to replace my pepsi and it has been great! It fit almost perfectly even before milling (I used my Dremel) but after milling it was awesome! Like a previous poster, I am thinking about getting all black now just because it looks so sharp!

Wow. Looks like it's "hit'n'miss" from him. Can't find anything to complain about my inserts. :wacko:

Here's one more bad pic... a wristshot.

209770-16990.jpg

That's a good Ebay seller, great find of the GMT bezel by-Tor.

The 16610 insert is good, but far from accurate to the gen I think. If anybody wants I can post comparison pictures

And this is the entire point I have been making in this (and another) thread. This dealer says in all his auctions that "you will not tell from the original". This is nothing but bullsh*t. My mother in law knows nothing about watches, she thinks my POS 2531.80 looks as nice (in its own way) as any other Omega, but, even she could tell the difference between a gen-accurate bezel and the one I was shipped. The thing that really p*sses me off about this dealer is that he is blatantly lying in ever auction he posts (as they are all clearly template auctions) He uses the same response to people who leave him negative feedback, regardless of their issue. If someone is dissatisfied, then they are dissatisfied, that does not make them a liar. As I said before, I suspect the only reason he has such a high rating, is because he has sold to people who either a) do not know what the genuine bezel looks like, so do not realize they are being ripped off, or B) know they are inaccurate but do not care that it is inaccurate. I certainly don't care that my 2531.80 is inaccurate, but I would also never try and say that is was indistinguishable from the real thing. I would say avoid like the plague, but if people want to buy from him, that is their choice. The only thing I would say, is do not expect something that is gen-accurate, and you will not be dissapointed.

I have bought 16610 and the GMT insert from this seller and I think they are quite good....actually as good or better than what I have received from my watch materials supply house and much less costly. They are far superior to what comes on the reps, and have the proper bevel on the back like the gens.

Well, I am glad everyone had better luck than me, maybe I got one out of a bad batch and maybe, I will try him again. :)

I dunno my friend -- my experience with him was like yours, and I bought a dozen or so. The first one I bought was nice, buy the batch I ordered afterwards were junk.

The best inserts I have received thus far have been from Raymond Lee Jewelers, and that Clark company that sells those very nice knock off super domes. I think that guy must actually like watches - he seems like more of an enthusiast than a salesman.

Bill