When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Boycott the Asian7750

2sweetau

It's NOT the7750......it's the drop shipping......plain and simple...in the rep biz.....you still have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince......!

Puts a whole new slant on the meaning of "drop shipping" I have never before considered until now.

Variations:

...dropped it a few times then shipped it out to you.

...dropped it down a flight of stairs then shipped it.

...dropped it out of my car then I shipped it.

I have kissed a number of 7750 frogs here ... just keep getting these warts.

Still waiting for my princess, ... with big hooties. :Jumpy:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think our some of our members are not grasping is the fact the movement is simply not working to acceptable levels. We need to make a decision on the future of quality of our favourite reps with this movement. Remember its not cheep knock off, this is a serious watch and for a fair price.

Together we need to walk a mile on the same path of our other members that had these issues with the A7750. Imagine the feeling that you have a couple of A7750 Junkers in the draw valued at $500 USD which are now useless. Fixing it yourself is not an option as its cheaper to buy the same watch again they may have a problem

I don't think it has anything to do with the movement itself since I had similar problems with Swiss 7750's - slipping hands, not properly resetting, etc. - I would rather say that hand posts not being attached/fixed properly are responsible and the total lack of consistency when being put together. Replicas that are being drop shipped will remain a pure game of chance no matter what movement they have....

I have yet to have an Asian 7750 that dies on me - except for the running seconds at 6 ones

I don't buy 7750 as a rule any more and sold off the ones I had. Never had a problem with them (except the screaming rotor which annoyed me to no end even if gen 7750 does it) but I always had the feeling they were just about to break. I always found the case thick and never used the chrono anyways. Sold off all the ones I had except the non-chrono one in my pam 050. I do have a few chronos, but they are all lemania/venus in dress watches that I infrequently wear and never use the chrono on.

I get the impression they are fine if you get them serviced; but for the extra $ I'd rather just get the swiss version or two non-chrono watches or a venus/lemania that will last much longer.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know the base cost of an Asian 7750 vs. say an ETA 2824-2? I would think the knock-off 7750 would be cheaper, at least to the rep mfgs, but they always charge more for it than a genuine ETA in a non-chrono watch. I would think the non-chrono ETA would still be worth more than a non-ETA chrono? Someone will more knowledge on these prices feel free to call me out if I am way off base. I know it is apples and oranges but I would still pay more for a real orange I could eat than a fake apple I could not.

I aggree with you. For me buying reps is to keep things as simple as possible (not only movements but also everything else), and go for best possible quality. That means getting a basic genuine swiss movement such as 2824 or 6497 and no pushers, rotating bezels etc. That should give you a reasonable chance to get a watch which will last for a long time. No point buying stuff not working and which only looks good in the drawer. To buy something that breaks after a short while, is probably more expensive than buying a second hand gen that you can keep as long as you want and then can sell at approximately the same money as you once paid for it.

Boycott the Asian7750

That

Unfortunately, I would guess this problem gets worse not better. With watches now being run 1,000 at a time the QC is only going to get worse. I made the conscious decision to only buy chronos where I am willing to live with additional cost of servicing or to swap out the movement for Swiss when it dies. And by the way just because it is Swiss doesn't mean it is bulletproof either. Plenty of Swiss movements are simply parts (albeit better ones) assembled in the same factories. The swiss movement can still have problems. For that reason I have always bought the movement separately from legit sources. It means a few less reps but the ones I have will hopefully be more reliable.

As a sacrafice on my part and a service to the RWG community I will take all of the Asian 7750's. Please email me and I will, as a service to the community. dispose of all the Asian 7750's.

Just trying to do my part ;)

I'll second that offer. I'll even pay shipping for each! Send me all your Chrono's people. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just imagine how many great watches we would be without if this movement wasn't used though! SMP Chrono, Navitimer, etc.. etc...

It all comes back to at the end of the day it is a replica, and a replica only. We can't expect genuine reliability from a watch that is

(a) illegal

(B) produced with making money in mind, not for praise of how amazing a movement is.

However, it must be frustrating for those who have had continual problems with this movement!

EDIT - that is supposed to be a b in brackets not a cool dude :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by b16a2

"Im sticking with chronoless auto movements or good hand wind moments and the replica fraternity need to do the same."

Eh......no they don't.....oh wise one......you stick with your choices and let others stick with theirs....just because you've made your decision....doesn't mean the replica fraternity need to do anything....especially follow your lead.....!

Edited by TTK

"meant to look like the original ...not perform like one", does this "perform" refer to the basic function of a watch ie showing the time? In that case I dont agree with you.

And I would not refer to using the timer function on a chronograph as "[censored] about it".

I think, that if one buys a watch for over 200 usd, it is reasonable to expect that it can perform the basic function of showing time that it should last for some time.

I suppose it re-inforces my viewpoint all along.......these watches are replicas....meant to look like the original ...not perform like them....!

I also believe that too many people buy a chrono....and then [censored] about with it....timing boiling eggs.....or how long their farts last.......pressing and resetting....pressing and resetting......even the originals don't stand up to well to it......but that's JMHO.....!

I think, that if one buys a watch for over 200 usd, it is reasonable to expect that it can perform the basic function of showing time that it should last for some time.

This is one thing I agree on wholeheartedly. The very fact that you're paying hundreds of dollars for a replica is irrelevant. You're paying hundreds of dollars for a watch and because of that I'd expect it to last.

It's a real shame because two reps I really want are a Breitling Navitimer and a Tag Carrera which both use an Asian 7750 movement.

This is one thing I agree on wholeheartedly. The very fact that you're paying hundreds of dollars for a replica is irrelevant. You're paying hundreds of dollars for a watch and because of that I'd expect it to last.

It's a real shame because two reps I really want are a Breitling Navitimer and a Tag Carrera which both use an Asian 7750 movement.

.....And I've got both and they run fine. Remember, the bulk of the problems are seconds at 6. Those models with seconds at 9 seem to have many fewer issues.

Eh......no they don't.....oh wise one......you stick with your choices and let others stick with theirs....just because you've made your decision....doesn't mean the replica fraternity need to do anything....especially follow your lead.....!

The regulars!!!... Sure i don't need to tell those members anything they don

No it isn't. :animal_rooster:

If it were, we'd have stopped buying them.

Yes the evidence is clear as sapphire crystal. just some members want certain watches very badly at any risk. like i did... twise!! and so many members find out when its too late. you just want to believe that you will be that small minority that will work for you... it great a small minority have working A7750 watches but walk a mile in the shoes of the burnt members that are really upset with THESE movements even after so much time and the improved models, the b1 and 28k... geez we are in the same place... up s^&t creek without a paddle. keep your eyes wide open and read the stories and hear the issues out there.

keep your eyes wide open and read the stories and hear the issues out there.

Ok, I'll try spending a bit more time here reading then.

If you manage to have a popular uprising, and it can happen, and your boycot works, what do you think will happen? Will they just stop making chronograph replicas altogether or will they start putting Quartz in the next gen of SuperReps?

The main problem is the quality control of the movement coming from the factories, not the actual movement itself. If you like a particular watch, get it serviced, treat it well, then it is very unlikely you will have problems.

Like The Zigmeister has said, he has not had one back on warranty after his sevice. The 7750 is not the problem, it's the QC that's the problem, get a service, problem solved.

If you don't want to run the risk, or get it serviced, then by all means boycott it. However, I think it's a bit too much to persuade the whole board to boycott it, because I and many others have had no/very little problems with the movement.