When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Formula 1.

elprimerozen

Formula one is on !!!Who do you think will be the next champ?

Im a real big Ferrari fan and have been for most of my life. That being said, I think Alonso can be the next Michael Schumaker of the sport by his performance last year. So I say Alonso wins two more races than Massa and it comes down to the last two races for the Constructor trophy. (Ferrari by a nose :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Valentino Rossi looks like having some serious competition from Casey Stoner, but it's not Stoner or Ducati's year yet. Rossi for the win. Having said that, after the fluke of Hayden taking the number one plate last year, anything is possible.

Also this year should finally see victories from Edwards and Hopkins, which is good news for you Yanks, and maybe even a Kawasaki podium or two. Still, you can't write off the ex-250 champs like Capirossi and Pedrosa.

In SBK, It looks like Toseland is truly on form, and Max Biaggi is at the sharp end, but with a crowd like Bayliss, Corser, Haga, Kagayama, and a handful of local wild cards, he looks like having a true baptism of fire.

Oh, you were talking about cars? All the cool kids have moved to supporting motorbike racing instead. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Valentino Rossi looks like having some serious competition from Casey Stoner, but it's not Stoner or Ducati's year yet. Rossi for the win. Having said that, after the fluke of Hayden taking the number one plate last year, anything is possible.

Also this year should finally see victories from Edwards and Hopkins, which is good news for you Yanks, and maybe even a Kawasaki podium or two. Still, you can't write off the ex-250 champs like Capirossi and Pedrosa.

In SBK, It looks like Toseland is truly on form, and Max Biaggi is at the sharp end, but with a crowd like Bayliss, Corser, Haga, Kagayama, and a handful of local wild cards, he looks like having a true baptism of fire.

Oh, you were talking about cars? All the cool kids have moved to supporting motorbike racing instead. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think that Ferrari this year will kick some ass in Moto GP!

Rumor has it that Kimi has an alcohol problem. Dunno if it's true or not... lots of rumors though. David Coulthard (among others) have said that he has really heavy drinking habits.

Rumor has it that Kimi has an alcohol problem. Dunno if it's true or not... lots of rumors though. David Coulthard (among others) have said that he has really heavy drinking habits.

Coulthard is one to talk, Im sure. I could be wrong but, when Coulthard was racing for mcLaren, wasnt there something written about him and a little drinking habit? I might be wrong so forgive me if that is incorrect.

Either way, I get up at 6am every Sunday to watch F1 live as it is not as big in the States as Nascar :thumbdown: so the network stations do not televise it.

maybe I can get up to montreal in June to catch it there.

Forza Ferrari!!!

Well... Raikkonen took pole position in his first race with Ferrari. He's the first driver since Fangio who scored a pole in his first Ferrari attempt. I guess he wasn't drunk today. :lol:

Personally I think Alonso is the only threat to Kimi from taking the championship. Anyone who thinks Massa is a contender must be on drugs.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/36053/

218154-15180.jpg

He's Scandinavian and it was winter. Of course he drank a lot, it's what they do when it gets dark. :D

/me ducks.

Well... Raikkonen took pole position in his first race with Ferrari. He's the first driver since Fangio who scored a pole in his first Ferrari attempt. I guess he wasn't drunk today. :lol:

Personally I think Alonso is the only threat to Kimi from taking the championship. Anyone who thinks Massa is a contender must be on drugs.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/36053/

218421-15148.jpg

Im on Drugs!

Massa is fast and good driver... he can win 3-4 races and take some poles. But a Championship? I seriously doubt it. Kimi almost won 2003 WDC with a POS car.

And if you want to go REALLY fast you don't drive a Ferrari F1 anyway. You drive a Bugatti Veyron.

Veyron at top speed

Holy macceroni... anybody watch this (aside from our friend from the pole)? I have driven and am driving fast cars and bikes but that is a whole different universe (wanted to say "league" but felt it does not fit...)

Nanuq - thanks for sharing...

Holy macceroni... anybody watch this (aside from our friend from the pole)? I have driven and am driving fast cars and bikes but that is a whole different universe (wanted to say "league" but felt it does not fit...)

Everyone in the UK has seen this clip as it's from the BBC's legendary motoring show, Top Gear.

Being an Aussie as us from the sunny isle keep dreaming that Webber will soon get a rocket up his arse, but until then I will avoid these discussions.

Oh BTW Bergies Belts still has a few Ferarri caps left for sale :D

Ken

• 3 years later...

This puts FIA into an interesting position (again). There are clear rules against team orders.

If FIA won't punish Ferrari it's the final nail of this sports' coffin. How can you even call it "sports" if you don't have to follow the rules?

What makes it even more hilarious is that Ferrari and Alonso have been whining about "fixed races" in the last few weeks. :D And how does Alonso have the nerve to celebrate the win in the first place... Santander has probably PAID for this kind of arrangement.

Still... the biggest pussy was Felipe Massa who let this whole thing happen. You can talk about being a "team player" and all that but it's bs. REAL F1 drivers like Prost, Senna, daddy Piquet or Mansell... or even Hakkinen or Schumi would never have slowed down, no matter what the consequences would have been. All this politically correct "team first" crap has destroyed this sport.

And with this pussy move Massa made himself Alonso's bitch. Officially.