When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Photos of first rep purchase from Josh(Lange & Sohn)

montydog

what is the movement used for this watch? also, what are the flaws on this piece?

Flaws are as long as your arm. Lange's like this have unique movements, they're fundamentally 'unreppable'. Main thing with this is the location of the sub-dials. I think the gen is much thinner too.

But what really counts is that this is a stunning watch, at a substantial discount! :p

what is the movement used for this watch? also, what are the flaws on this piece?

The movement is the lemania manual. By flaws, if you mean how does it differ from the genuine article, well here goes:

$36,300 vs $228 (plus shipping)

Case diameter is 39.5 on the rep & 39 on the gen

Case thickness is 10 on the rep & 10.8 on the gen

The tops of the subdials should be just about level with the bottom of the 9 & 3 on the face instead of half way down the face. As posted above this is because the movement is unique to A Lange & Sohn and is impossible to copy with a standard rep movement

The hands should be a lighter shade of blue

I'm sure there are others flaws but these are the main ones. The original is here:

220466-14624.jpg

It's a lovely watch despite the inaccuracies and no one who sees it know what the original looks like as It's a rare watch

Monty... that's a very nice watch and.... a great way to loose your "virginity"... welcome to the club...

This Lange is a very classy watch and the chances of bumping into anyone who knows the real deal are zilch as Lange is definitely not for the masses... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love that L&S too !

:)

My Patek belong to the same "look" family, and I wouldn't be surprized they come from the same manufacturer, as this Breguet also

222474-14098.jpg

And the back of all these is as beautiful as the front !

Blue hands are always most classy.

Wear it well !

By the way, someone to explain the relation between L&S and gGassh

• 2 months later...
Hi peeps,

Here's my 1st pictures of my 1st rep watch. I've got a lot to learn but I just had to put some up!

261436-5360.jpg

261436-5361.jpg

261436-5362.jpg

Thanks for looking

Alan

I have been lurking in the shadows for about 6 months now. I love your watch and was hoping you could send me the info to purchase one. I hope I am not parting with forum protocal, I've seen this type of question posted before so I hoe no one minds.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Jack

I have been lurking in the shadows for about 6 months now. I love your watch and was hoping you could send me the info to purchase one. I hope I am not parting with forum protocal, I've seen this type of question posted before so I hoe no one minds.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Jack

PM sent