When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ferrari FER0002 by Officine Panerai

Guest TTK

I am absolutely astonished....I've been collecting reps since 1986...my first visit to Asia.....the first reps I picked up were Rolex with asian mov'ts......I've been visiting Asia and collecting ever since.....I've watched the gradual improvements in quality over the period....the changes have been significant and over the past 6-7 years...I've seen high quality reps appear more and more ...especially since the formation of RWCC then TRC ...RWG ...RWI.....the demand has increased supply and innovation in new items coming to us now.... I've seen some great reps.....111....090...186....196...Breitling Navitimers....BCE...Super Avenger....IWC GST ....Portuguese.....Omega PO.....Railmaster.....Seamaster....ad infinitum...!

However.......until I picked up this new watch.....I had never seen a watch with such a degree of finishing and attention to detail.....the casework is absolutely superb...satin finish and highly polished...the lugs are mirror polished with none of the suspect 'watery' type chrome finishes......one of the things that bugged me the most in reps...was when you take off the bracelet or strap and you can see the striation lines between the lugs....well...the finish between the lugs of this watch is absolutely perfect....highly polished to a glass-like mirror finish....the crown...( so often the big let down in some reps )....is the best I've ever seen......beautifully crafted....and absolutely smooth in operation...the bayonet locking system is superb and locks up real tight.......with the yellow dot set to 3.....you push it in and twist towards 12...the yellow dot indicates an open / closed crown....much in the same way as the JLC Master Memovox compressor.......pull out the crown and there is none of that wibbly wobbly feel that you get with watches such as the IWC GST.....it's rock solid......winds very smoothly.....and clicks outward to the date / time setting position with a very positive feel....the prancing horse also lines up correctly when the crown is closed.....amazing....!

The sapphire glass is again the best I've seen....the fit to the bezel is extremely precise.....and tho' some people have said it doesn't have AR......I'm not sure that it doesn't have internal AR....but I can't swear to it......let's just say that I find that it's not that reflective of light.....perhaps something to do with the curvature of the glass....I'm not sure.....I just know that it's bright and clear.....and as for the dial....why the hell other reps can't have a dial of this quality ...I don't know.....it's exquisitely printed...like no other I've seen...other than perhaps the grey TAG Chrono......the sub dial and date surrounds appear to be plastic and are well moulded.....and the Scuderia Ferrari logo is fixed as an applique and well printed..!

It's fitted with an Asian clone 25j 28,800bph 7750 sans chrono module....the rotor has the familiar Ferrari prancing horse engraved on it.....and looks very clean and I suspect well lubricated....!

It comes with the usual Panerai style rubber strap but stamped "Ferrari"...and a beautiful padded leather strap with white contrast stitching and yellow snakeskin backing stamped "Ferrari" ...the usual suspect ...a double fold Panerai style deployant clasp marked again "Ferrari".....is provided to secure it to your wrist.

The first impression made on me was the weight.....it felt as tho' I was picking up a steel watch fitted with bracelet.....you don't expect that feeling with a watch on a rubber strap......I guess it's testament to the steel that has been used....very inspiring...!

Overall I am more than highly impressed with this latest rep.....I've been reticent to purchase any more Panerai.....but if they start to bring them out to this level of finish....I can see my interest being piqued again..!

In summation......if I were to take 200+ GB Pounds out of my bank today and head to the High St jewellers....such as Ernest Jones...Leslie Davis.......etc etc....the smaller dealers who typically handle the Ellesse / Sector / Cyma / Armani value watches......I simply could not buy a watch that could possibly meet or match the quality of this Ferrari......in fact I don't think even the lower end TAGS or Oris could hold their heads above it......all in all....a superb reproduction......I don't feel the word replica is appropriate for this.....suffice to say that OP should be worried...!

SPECIFICATIONS.

MAKE: Ferrari by OFFICINE PANERAI

MODEL: Scuderia FER00002

MOVEMENT: Asian cloned 7750 automatic mechanical 25j / 28,800bph ( original = 21j / 28,800bph )...blued screws and engraved prancing horse on rotor.

DIAL:Black with the 'FERRARI' shield appliqued at 12 o'clock Arabic numerals for the hours, 60-minute scale with Arabic numerals at 5-minute intervals on the [censored], seconds hand and part of the seconds scale in yellow, date window at 3 o’clock and small seconds counter at 9 o’clock with applied black cone-section rings, luminous baton hands.

FUNCTIONS: Hours / minutes / seconds / date

CASE: Satin / polished stainless steel

CASE DIAMETER: 44.89mm (original = 45mm)

CASE DEPTH: 16.98mm ( original = unknown )

LUG WIDTH: 24mm

LUG TO LUG: 56mm

CROWN: Bayonet style crown with open / closed yellow dot indicator and FERRARI prancing horse and square grid pattern on outer crown edge

WEIGHT : 162grms on rubber strap

FRONT GLASS: Genuine sapphire glass

CASEBACK: Solid screw-in caseback...with geometric 'grid' pattern...and prancing horse logo......fully engraved as follows... "Engineered by OFFICINE PANERAI" 100m 'fish'symbol / stainless steel / F6656 BB1176770 / F A400/700

STRAP: Rubber and alternative black calf leather with white contrast stitching and yellow snakeskin backing all straps marked with 'Ferrari' logo

CLASP: Double fold deployant 'Panerai' style marked 'Ferrari'

224670-13558.jpg

224670-13559.jpg

224670-13560.jpg

224670-13561.jpg

224670-13562.jpg

224670-13563.jpg

224670-13564.jpg

224670-13565.jpg

224670-13566.jpg

224670-13567.jpg

Edited by TTK

really good review...nice description of the watch...and if a 20+ year collector says it is one of the best done reps...I believe it!...really nice...

is this a Ferrari watch (designed by Panerai) or a Panerai watch disegned for Ferrari...I don't know if i explained myself...the brand is Ferrari or Panerai?

Gorgeous, unusual watch (shame -too big for me) and a superb review.

Thank you for this refreshing pause away from the recent turmoil.

I've been looking at these PAM/Ferraris in the dealer 'catalogues' and thought they looked very good, but didn't really believe it until now, thanks for the great review, my fav part about these watches, for some odd reason, is the leather strap, I love the way they echo the Ferrari seats with the row of padded sections :wub:

Very nice review. I personnaly like the honest opinion of how well this compares to the other 'good' reps coming/currently out now. It makes me even more wanting this rep, the chrono one. And good to see that there is an alternative to drop shipping offered for this model with Neil.

@Panerailord...not available at present.....but there may be someone who orders and doesn't like the rubber strap...if so.....I'll direct him to you....!

PS....all versions are available with the exception of the Rattrapante and the Grand Turismo series......they may follow shortly.....!

Neil, great review - tremendous photos - we do appreciate when dealers take the time to post new watches to the forum and especially with detailed commentary.

This looks like a real winner-

and i am super psyched about those Watch cases - they look really cool

THe watch case i have now, the zipper is giving me a real problem, Are they solid on your case? have you tested it?

thanks

Pho

Neil, I just saw your description of the Ferrari branded watch designed by Panerai and marveled at the level of detail. It was a pleasure to read and so much what we would like to be the standard. It is obvious that you are a collector above everything else and appreciate the high quality reps like we do. Thanks for raising the bar for product descriptions.

Usil

It's a Ferrari branded watch designed by Panerai.

Wikipedia failed you Puggy.......designed by Ferrari and Panerai.......manufactured by Officine Panerai only...... :p