When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What nice happened to you today or lately ?

Stephane

Dear All,

Although I am chocked, as most members are, with the "dealer lies and scams" situation :thumbdown: , I think we should from time to time take a break and stop reading a hundred posts (if not a thousand) of bad news.

Because I had a very good news myself today, after a very bad evening yesterday (reading all the crap that happens with some dealers :angry: ), I'm sincerely hoping some of you will post a positive feedback of what happened in their life lately.

It may sound very childish and optimistic :whistling: , but at least it gives me a break :D !

Anyway, we'll see:

Either some posts happen and my hope for a nice and friendly bubble will be fulfilled :hug: or none posts come and at least I will have tried.

So, I'll shoot first.

My personal good news:

My first radio show as a presentator/dj was 27 years ago :2:. My last one was 12 years ago :bye2:.

Today, after 12 years Off Air thus, I got the final confirmation that my demos were good.

So, tomorrow, I will be On Air for a live test on the biggest radio of my country and hopefully, if everything goes well, I will be back in FM for a while. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

Stephane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

Although I am chocked, as most members are, with the "dealer lies and scams" situation :thumbdown: , I think we should from time to time take a break and stop reading a hundred posts (if not a thousand) of bad news.

Because I had a very good news myself today, after a very bad evening yesterday (reading all the crap that happens with some dealers :angry: ), I'm sincerely hoping some of you will post a positive feedback of what happened in their life lately.

It may sound very childish and optimistic :whistling: , but at least it gives me a break :D !

Anyway, we'll see:

Either some posts happen and my hope for a nice and friendly bubble will be fulfilled :hug: or none posts come and at least I will have tried.

So, I'll shoot first.

My personal good news:

My first radio show as a presentator/dj was 27 years ago :2:. My last one was 12 years ago :bye2:.

Today, after 12 years Off Air thus, I got the final confirmation that my demos were good.

So, tomorrow, I will be On Air for a live test on the biggest radio of my country and hopefully, if everything goes well, I will be back in FM for a while. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

Stephane

I got laid this morning.

Nanuq, that is wonderful news about your wife.

Had a conversation last night with the better half and we're thinking of selling the condo we've been living in for 15 years, in a lovely neighborhood on the north side of Chicago, and moving to downtown.

I'm very excited to start looking at places, also a bit nervous regards sticker shock.

But we're really craving a change, and we love architecture, museums and long walks.

Thank you good sir, but I think I'd likely break her in half ... she is still full of narcotics and stitches and is very very sore.

But cancer-free and on the mend!! :tu: It feels very very good to be able to say that.

This is the best piece of good news on this board in a long time and it has nothing to do with watches.

My very best wishes are coming your way. Look after her...........even more!

JTB

This is the best piece of good news on this board in a long time and it has nothing to do with watches.

My very best wishes are coming your way. Look after her...........even more!

JTB

Agreed 100% VERY good news and thanks for sharing Nanuq, made me smile :)

All the best!

I found out that my beloved Ms. Nanuq does NOT have cancer, after many tests and some significant surgeries.

I am one grateful pup today. :tu:

My wife had breast cancer 6 years ago. They caught it very early and it appears as if she is cancer free. Yippee! I hope yours is as fortunate. All the best to both of you. Think positively.

Tim

wow, thanks for sharing guys -- great idea stephane -- it is a good reminder that life is not all about watches (what a sad life it would be if that were the case). sometimes we get so caught up in this stuff it is necessary to take a minute and remember what really matters.

deltatahoe

I found out that my beloved Ms. Nanuq does NOT have cancer, after many tests and some significant surgeries.

That is fantastic news, Nanuq!!! All the best to the Mrs. from all of us here.

BTW...I did my taxes today and we are getting back almost $9200. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I wish I could spend some of it on a gen Pam but I will install hardwood floors in my house and put the rest in my kids college fund like we always do.

wow, thanks for sharing guys -- great idea stephane -- it is a good reminder that life is not all about watches (what a sad life it would be if that were the case). sometimes we get so caught up in this stuff it is necessary to take a minute and remember what really matters.

deltatahoe

I'm more than happy with the good news I read here this morning.

I hope we will continue as it puts me in a very good mood !

Sharing so important events such as "illness is gone away" "I love my kids" "My wonderfull family got me a great gift today" ...that is so sweet!

@DeltaTaHoe: you are so right, there are so many things that REALLY matters and that does not cost a penny.

Have a good day everybody!

Cheers

Stephane

Ah, what a fine bunch of gents we have here. I am honored to know you all! Here's another mention of a piece of really good news

that happened recently in Chez Nanuq ... my son earned Eagle Scout and I was honored to present it to him. Truly a highlight of my,

and his, lives.

225227-13437.jpg

Congrats Nanuq: boys are so important to fathers. Let's cherish our son!

Amazing news!

I can't beat that, but on Tuesday everything in my apartment was put in trucks and is on its way to Scotland, and on Sunday I'm taking a day off the move to see the World Superbikes race in England. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Apart from that, it's regular moving stress.

that is really terrific! good for you two.

Nanuq, that is wonderful news about your wife.

Had a conversation last night with the better half and we're thinking of selling the condo we've been living in for 15 years, in a lovely neighborhood on the north side of Chicago, and moving to downtown.

I'm very excited to start looking at places, also a bit nervous regards sticker shock.

But we're really craving a change, and we love architecture, museums and long walks.

congratulations!!

My g/f and i are contemplating a move to Chicago.. from NYC.. we're debating where though... i want to go downtown, she wants to go northwest... ahh the trials and tribulations...

Eddhead, there is a lot to choose from in downtown Chicago, so much development in the last 5 years. Of course, after living in NYC you'll find the real estate pricing in Chicago a (cheap) joke, comparatively.

Our Mayor Daley has done a very fine job of polishing up the downtown area and the lakefront, he's a big tree lover and bicyclist. All in all, Chicago is a very "manageable" city to live in, has the amenities of a big city, but is realtively affordable.

What, may I ask, does your g/f mean by "northwest", Chicago northwest or US northwest?

I have some good news that may change my life. The last 3 weeks have caused me to have somewhat of an epiphany. I have always dated young beautiful women with great bodies. Nothing less than a 7 but never a 10. I have always had relationships that ended badly. Most of the women or "girls" I go for are in their 20's. Great when I was too but I am now 31. All of these girls have had menial jobs (if any job at all) and no real path for a future. Strippers, waitresses, secretaries (yes a few were employed by me) or living at home with mommie and daddy. These type of women are waiting for prince buy me that to come along and take care fo them which I happily do. I even bought one a car. The down side is these type of women are extremely codependant and are never happy. It always ends in turmoil.

Now for the epiphany. About 3 weeks ago I am sitting at my local hole in the wall having a Captain Morgan and diet coke when in walk a man and a woman. They sit around the corner from me and I don't pay any attention because I go to this particular place to be left alone. I get up and go to the jukebox and play some Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock and Billy Joel. Somehow they start talking about music and I get involved in the conversation. The woman makes it quite clear that they are not together and she is single. They switch seats and we continue to talk. I tell the bartender to call me a cab and she says "I'll take you home". I guess they came in separate cars because she took me home. No sex on the first date she leaves later that night. We exchanged phone numbers and wshe starts caling and texting me 2 or 3 times a day. I remembered she had a cute face, quick wit and my exact brand of dry humor and sarcasm. I also remember she was a bit overweight so I don't answer her calls. After 4 days of ignoring her she sends me the "this is my final attempt" message and I think thank god...........

So the next time she calls I decide to answer (yes she lied about the final attempt.) We go out for dinner and surprisingly she didn't eat that much. Turns out she had surgery and is on medication that slows her metabolism. Long story longer, we become inseperable. She is the sweetest, most intelligent woman I have ever met. She is independant, has a wonderful 6 figure carreer and is studying for her masters degree. She is my age and fun to be around. We always have a good time. We can have an intelligent conversation or watch cartoons. She even picks up the tab sometimes when we go out.

The moral of the story is this...............Even if it doesn't work out between us, this woman has opened my eyes to a totally different kind of mate. Someone who doesn't need me and doesn't care how much money I make. An equal, and more importantly she doesn't have to wear a size 2. This has definatley changed my outlook on life. Good news? I think so...

BTW, she just bought herself a genuine Raymond Weil. Nice watch.

Congratulations: You're now an adult. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Exactly !

:mellow: sorry to say, but being 46, I feel I may say that it's very hard for a man to understand the woman he is currently dating.

Most are looking for "Le Prince Charmant" and his wallet if you look like a "jet setter".

Older women have already experienced so much boys in they life that they eventualy want to make sure the man is not looking for a "Princesse Charmante with a good wallet" !

As usual: experience makes the difference ;-)