When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

See you later!

Pugwash

I'm at work, the champagne is about to be opened and farewells said. This is my last post until I can get to an internet connection so try to have fun without me.

I'll be back online from Scotland in a week or two, hopefully with a new watch or two to photograph. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, I arrived in Scotland last night. I was caught on the M1 in this and was stuck stationary for 4 hours while they tried to work out how to clear the motorway. Eventually, they cut through the barrier and turned us round.

228244-12760.jpg

If I look at that picture I can't help thinking "... oh my God, they are all driving on the wrong side of the street....." :drive1:

Well, I arrived in Scotland last night. I was caught on the M1 in this and was stuck stationary for 4 hours while they tried to work out how to clear the motorway. Eventually, they cut through the barrier and turned us round.

Why didn't they just pick up the pieces and hose it all down, good grief! What kind of civilization do they have oner there!!!

With all the trucks that ended up in that "queue" I wouldn't be walking on that road even when it is moving. Of course all the motorists with sense avoided the area (unless they are traveling and didn't know) and it's only the Union truck drivers sitting there because they figure standing or going I still get paid.

/Tim

If I look at that picture I can't help thinking "... oh my God, they are all driving on the wrong side of the street....." :drive1:

Ok so what movie? "... you';re going the wrrrooong way....!"

"uh-huh, uh-huh.. how does he know which way we're going!!!"

see you're on-line now Pug.. happy trails!!

Why didn't they just pick up the pieces and hose it all down, good grief! What kind of civilization do they have oner there!!!

With all the trucks that ended up in that "queue" I wouldn't be walking on that road even when it is moving. Of course all the motorists with sense avoided the area (unless they are traveling and didn't know) and it's only the Union truck drivers sitting there because they figure standing or going I still get paid.

/Tim

I'm not sure I understand. There was a mangled corpse on one of the UK's busiest motorways and as it was a pedestrian, it was considered a crime scene. They closed the entire motorway in both directions and there was simply nowhere to go for four hours. There was no movement for those four hours. No-one had any choice about whether or not to stay where they were.

It wasn't a queue, it was a car park for four hours.

I'm not sure I understand. There was a mangled corpse on one of the UK's busiest motorways and as it was a pedestrian, it was considered a crime scene. They closed the entire motorway in both directions and there was simply nowhere to go for four hours. There was no movement for those four hours. No-one had any choice about whether or not to stay where they were.

It wasn't a queue, it was a car park for four hours.

Pug,

That was the joke, just pick up the pieces and hose things down. I know it isn't something that can be done.

The "queue" was humorous, at least to me, because I am always amazed how much the Brits love to stand in line.

/Tim

The "queue" was humorous, at least to me, because I am always amazed how much the Brits love to stand in line.

I tell you, it's so nice to be in a civilised country where people won't barge you to one side because they want to jump the queue. :D