When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well I guess I made a mistake...but not again...

RWG Technical

I think most members remember this post

Panerailord asking for my services

I explained why I did not want to work with him, and after a few back and forths, changed my mind and decided to give it another go (against the suggestions of more than one member that it was a bad idea...).

I have a few simple requests if you book work on my calendar: live up to your end of the deal, or simply let me know on a email that there is a problem...so guess what happened?

My associate (who does all the bookings for me) went ahead and penciled Panerailord into the schedule...3 weeks go by past the due date of the watch arriving and nothing has shown up, so my associate emails and asks if he has shipped the watch yet...

The response.

I paraphrase:

"No I have not shipped, can I ship next month?"

Hmmmm, let me think this over...NO! don't ship next month or ever. You had your last chance, and blew it - again.

It takes but 1 minute to let us know that there is a problem/delay/changed your mind/no money, whatever it is, if you can't ship as agreed, all we ask is, "Please let us KNOW about it..." How hard it that to do??? Unless your in a Coma, quite easy I think.

Simple fact is that when people don't live up to their end of our deal, it's rude and uncalled for. A simple email is all that is asked, nothing else...

We have had it with timewasters, if you can't take the time to let us know and cancel your appointement, then take your business elsewhere. I have limited time to work on watches, for some jobs, I only book that one job in for the whole week, so if you dont' ship, you deny someone else the oppurtunity to get in and have work done. Not to mention the waste of my time.

I have been very tolearant of timewasters in the past, but no more, my associate has also stated that she has had enough, and since she does all the emails and bookings, and is much less tolerant that I am, consider your self on the spam list.

I am expected to live up to my end of the deal; turn times, quality of work, guarantee, etc, imagine if I took the same half ass approach with customers, and did crap jobs, people were waiting for months for watches etc, members would scream loudly on the forum that I was a scammer, yet some people dont' think twice about reserving a spot (that is what is done, it's not a random thing, we mark you on a calendar) and then not living up to their end of the deal. From my perspective I see no difference between the two activities, both are unaceptable.

RG

Rob, I'm sorry this didn't work out. Once again, you showed you were the better man.

I'm willing to be this goes sour, though. $5 says so. Any takers?

Shame no-one took me up on this bet.

Of all the people to [censored] around, I'd have thought The Zigmeister would be most peoples' last choice.

Has anyone seen Finepics? :Jumpy:

I won;t say 'I told you so' but if you blacklist someone in the first place there must be a good reason.. so please don't change your mind and give second chances ;)

Many told me "dont' do it..." but sometimes I am too nice... How hard is it to send a email??

I have learned the hard way, if I put you on my blocked and ignored list, I had a good reason at that time. Gut feeling is always right, I have proved this to myself many times.

RG

That's pretty funny....

:bicycle:

Ziggy got owned.

Seriously though, people like this really make me wonder... you go to all of that trouble to get a second chance and then pull something stupid like this.... in God's name WHY???

Uh, no it's not, not at all. They guy's an ass to mess people around like that. Sure, there can always be glitches and last minute factors as to why we can't complete a deal as agreed, but, the decent thing to do is inform the other party so some alternatives can be worked out. To do anything else, is simply disrespectfull.

Leopards don't change their spots. ;)

Well sometimes they do.. but this guys spots are indelible.. after all that bs this is really hard to believe.

Rob, I'm sorry this didn't work out. Once again, you showed you were the better man.

Shame no-one took me up on this bet.

Of all the people to [censored] around, I'd have thought Ziggy would be most peoples' last choice.

Has anyone seen Finepics? :Jumpy:

Yeah I think in the same thread I advised that Ziggy had given him a break because of a language barrier issue dispite intutively sensing his entitlement and rudeness. A-hole personalities transcent language difficulties. This guy is a class "A" act. No explaination necessary for the flaming!

here is my story

The Zigmeister give me second change and really really thanks for that

but alsoi din not sent email to him because first time i had sent him a lot of emails

so i decide to sent him email when i will sent my watch

but because no watch sent to The Zigmeister no email also to him

i can not understand why The Zigmeister become to angry with me

here is my story

ziggy give me second change and really really thanks for that

but alsoi din not sent email to him because first time i had sent him a lot of emails

but because no watch sent to ziggy no email also to him

i can not understand why ziggy become to angry with me

Because you reserved a spot in his work schedule, you didn't send the work to him in the aloted time space inconviencing him and others who might have taken that space, and you didn't let him know. Is that a clear enough explaination???? His work time is strictly scheduled and you seem to think it's casually scheduled. You are rude, self centered and have a massive entitlement...or...you are extraordinarily stupid and dumb witted. Is that a clear enough explaination???

here is my story

ziggy give me second change and really really thanks for that

but because no watch sent to ziggy no email also to him

i can not understand why ziggy become to angry with me

You were given the email address and asked for an appointement. In my response on the forum I said:

I will send you a PM with my new email address. You send an email message to Jennifer, tell her EXACTLY what work you need to have done on what type of watch, and she will tell you when to ship and our address. You send the watch I will do the work, and ship it back to you. PLEASE follow the instructions that you will get in the shipping email from Jennifer.
I work with people all over the world, who's understanding of english may not be so great, and our messages are written very clearly to account for any language differences. It's very simple and easy, you ask for an apointement, we give you one with a shipping date, then you ship to us...

Once a spot is reserved, the message is simple, "Please ship to us a week or two before your appointement so it will get here on time." Anyone who has gotten our shipping instructions will confirm that it's all spelled out and explained in detail, probably a bit anal, but it gets the job done.

The arrangement for an appointement is not this:

When you emailed you were given a shipping date, you did not ship your watch.

There is nothing further to say, dozens of people understand this, they ship on time, get the work done and the watch returned back to them. Clearly you dont' get it and never will...

Yes there should be a section for those who waste other people's time...I have a name to put on that list...

RG

Not that I have anything to do with this, but isnt there simply a communication mistake? I think as a customer I could have done the same thing actually. I thought that when giving in a watch to a watch maker or like in my case sending it to the Rolex factory, he/she takes care of them in the order he gets them and I can expect a turnover time of of a few weeks, which is my experience from gen watches.

Maybe if there had been better comunication so that both parties knew that this deal was going to be handled more like a doctors or dentist appointment, like for example "I expect to have your watch on Thursday to work on it between 14,30-15,45 and then it will be sent back maximum to days later" and a turnover time of 2 days.

I have allways thought that watchmakers just take the watches as they come, not that you make reservations with the effect that if my watch does not show up, the watch maker will be idle for an hour or so.

Anyways, I have noting to do with this and I hope you guys sort it out.

@ROB....sorry to hear you were spoiled again....I knew the pain to deal with timewaisters and I understand that sucks....putting those members on a spam-list is a good alternativ to sort out!

@mrnixon....The Zigmeister is no watchmaker, he has no shop...he is a hard working man with "normal-every-day-job" but with an addictiv hobby DIY-watchmaking :p.... therefor he has to schedule all the work he offers....and thats a really good thing cause you def. know when your beloved watch will be on his desk for repair...so you also know when it will be back at your doorstep. Go to a local watchsmith, leave your broken rep/gen with him and you will get an approximate date to pick it up again....but normally I have to call several times and remind them on the work to be done....the better/bigger the customer the faster the service. You won