When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why do you swap your watches round?

TeeJay

A kind of mirror image to the Wrist Check, what are the reasons folks actually change their watches? I like to have a set watch to match to brown shoes, or say for special occasions, or even just a 'going out beater' (something that will look nice, but won't matter if it gets scuffed up) and of course, the everyday watch. As I work from home, most of the above catagories seldom apply to me, so I only really tend to wear a watch for a length of time. My preference is for Divers-style watches like the Submariner, SMP and Planet Ocean. When I was younger, I used to like complicated multi-dials, be it chrono, ana-digi displays etc etc, but now, I just like something that is simple and elegant, something I can glance at and immediately tell what the time is. My idea for a Railmaster project watch would be as an 'office watch' for if I ever had to go to work in a corporate environment as it would not 'raise eyebrows', like my idea for my 2531.80 project watch will be as a 'going out beater' as it would at least also be a conversation point "Where did you get the watch from?" " I put it together myself..."

Those're my reasons for why I swap my watches, but what about others? A different one every day? One to match the shoes? One for work and one for home? Could be a very interesting discussion :)

I wear watches based on what my mood is and what I'll be doing that day. For instance, unpacking boxes? Something rugged. Washing the car? Something waterproof. Going out? Something classy or stylish. Sitting in front of my computer all day? Something.

I love having the choice.

Interesting topic I'm sure with different reasons for each person. I consider my watches an extension of my wardrobe, (men's jewelry some say), so the match to my belt, shoes or color of wardrobe usually determines my choice for the day, whether it be strap or dial color since some have SS bracelets. So I guess simple coloring seems to be my main determining factor for daily choice rather than the type of watch.

For me it depends on what I am wearing, what I am doing and a bit of impulse. It's nice to have a choice of some nice watches that vary in style, so (a) I don't get bored, and (B) I can suit a watch to the type of day I may have (as in what I am doing)

I daily choose my watch on its size according with the turgor of my p***s that morning.

That's why I love PAMs.

(what a silly question)

I daily choose my watch on its size according with the turgor of my p***s that morning.

That's why I love PAMs.

(what a silly question)

I couldn't help laughing :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I pick based on either what i'm wearing, or what mood i'm in. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason at all, i just pick something out of the watch case and go!

I only have 2 watches, a Pam104, and a Rolx Daytona. Both are gorgeous quality reps. As I only have 2 I cant really pick and choose, but will pick a watch to wear for a few months at a time.

I think even when my collection grows large, I will probably wear a watch for 6 months at a time, and then move on to my next piece.....

I generally wear one watch for the entire work week; occasionally I switch out mid-week. I don't like to get caught up in choosing and setting a different watch every single day. I don't wear suits or ties, and usually wear jeans and polo shirts, so matching colors is not a bid deal.

On the weekend, however, I might switch between three different watches in a day between casual, chores/sport, and dressy.

As for me as well, it depends what I am wearing. Today for example I had a french cuff shirt on with Mont Blanc cufflinks. My MB chrono was the natural choice. I have several watches, some gens other replica but I find myself wearing my PAM (rep) the most. Comfortable, easy to read and just looks damn good.

As for me as well, it depends what I am wearing. Today for example I had a french cuff shirt on with Mont Blanc cufflinks. My MB chrono was the natural choice. I have several watches, some gens other replica but I find myself wearing my PAM (rep) the most. Comfortable, easy to read and just looks damn good.

I name each of my watches. I try to associate each watch with a girlfriend. I make sure to wear the watch with the name of the girl I am seeing that night. This way if I forget which one I am with I can look at my wrist and say "oh yeah your name is christina". :whistling:

I get bored easily. I need variety.

Exactomundo.............

Because I've got a bunch of them and I bought them to wear them, not to gather dust. I often switch watches several times a day -- if I'm home puttering around i might wear half a dozen over the course of a given day. Hey why not.

I generally don't worry much about what I wear when and where, except when I think for some reason I can't even risk the 0.001% of getting caught when I can't afford it (important client meeting, etc) then I wear the gen Exp II. When I'm doing pro bono or something I go with the Seiko Monster, doesn't go with a suit but that doesn't bother those types. I never wear my TT datejust (heirloom from my dad) for any reason -- maybe when I make partner. Otherwise it's all reps all the time, and I tend to fall in and out of love with the ones I have. Right now, I mostly rotate the Ultimate PO, Pam 212 on custom Aaron Tan lizard strap and the IWC Inge chrono as they seem to cover most needs.