When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finepics if you are out there ?

Campervan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a call from Mark earlier in the week. He sounds much better. I won't speak for him, but it seems to me that he does intend to make all of this right.

Ok at least Mark is showing he wants to take all this in the right direction, may I suggest that everyone give this thread a rest for a couple of weeks and then we will see where we are at after that?

Ken

Guest RiverwindMDS

I just recievet my two watches and the crystal.

No crystals are AR coated, but the 250 can have a single sided light AR coating done.

The lume on the panerai is fantastic. It is glowing like a torch.

After many months finally at least I have my watches back.

• 2 weeks later...
I still have not received my datewheel for my PAM 029 after paying for it for over a year. Should I just give up?

this is really difficult to understand...i have contacted him about the DW for the 2893/2892 mvt and he told me that he had some of them...do not remember if it was for the 2983 or 2892...

but there is always a solution...you could ask him for a refund...if not refunded, then he should be listed as scammer and be banned from the forum (not that he is active in the past year)...even if it's Finepics we are talking about...

I have one watch in the shop that has been waiting for a finepics datewheel for months...

The owner finally gave up trying to get finepics to do anything, and had me send the watch back with the old datewheel.

I think there are a number of members here who are owed a lot of money, just with the 7753 datewheel fiasco alone, and the fact that these members have watches they can't use at all (the datewheels are the original ones from the watches, so they now have no datewheels in them and the watch is useless).

There is something wrong with a person, when he makes all these promises, keeps members money, parts, watches, etc, doesn't answer them for months, etc...totally unaceptable.

Unless your dead, there is no excuse for this behaviour, none...scammer is what I would call it...

RG

ditto... waiting for my datewheel for my pam 029.

my watch has been sitting in the drawer with all the parts just awaiting the datewheel before I can get it modded... thinking of giving up...

I still have not received my datewheel for my PAM 029 after paying for it for over a year. Should I just give up?

I have one watch in the shop that has been waiting for a finepics datewheel for months...

The owner finally gave up trying to get finepics to do anything, and had me send the watch back with the old datewheel.

I think there are a number of members here who are owed a lot of money, just with the 7753 datewheel fiasco alone, and the fact that these members have watches they can't use at all (the datewheels are the original ones from the watches, so they now have no datewheels in them and the watch is useless).

There is something wrong with a person, when he makes all these promises, keeps members money, parts, watches, etc, doesn't answer them for months, etc...totally unaceptable.

Unless your dead, there is no excuse for this behaviour, none...scammer is what I would call it...

RG

That's exactly my thought.....I was taken on his 7753 DW fiasco.....and now another non delivery of 03 pcs 2892 DW :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, people are still hoping that Mark aka Finepics will somehow just show up and make things right? I'm one of his victims, just a datewheel but one of many taken by this [censored]. I feel sorry for the ones that actually sent him watches as well with payments. We're talking small money here, but as an agregate... i'm sure quite a bit. My watch was the long time tenant of the wonderful host The Zigmeister that I eventually gave up. I would love to snatch his sorry ass up and throw him into the trunk of my CL500...our forum is built on trust and respect for it's members, and that's what really sucks about this situation. He screwed everyone.

Finepics is the only member/dealer transaction over 4 years in this hobby that has burned me. I have blindly given faith and money to dealers and members who have ALL COME THROUGH. And so have I. I remember my first transaction with EL 4 years ago when i sent him $2000 on my first order hoping he would come through...40+ watches later, EL is my go to guy. My first round of watches sent up north to good old The Zigmeister...would they get caught in customs, etc...flawless transactions always. Members like Chieftang who take the time to come through with an amazing AR run for the members, cyclops runs, etc. As far as I'm concerned, Mark is a POS who is both a liar and a thief...and a coward to boot. Come out and just state that no one will get anything back, that you spent the money on lap dances, or a big football bet that you lost, or put a down payment on an M5...just something so that everyone can forget about your sorry ass and move on.

We're all civil here, and we give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but there is ZERO doubt that he's burned us. Any form of communication would have abated any ill will or frustration, but let's stop being in denial and end this thread and anything to do with Mark because...POOF! he's gone, disappeared like my morning [censored] down the drain.

Later loser, karma's a [censored]

dave :whistling:

Edited by promotersf

Wow, people are still hoping that Mark aka Finepics will somehow just show up and make things right? I'm one of his victims, just a datewheel but one of many taken by this [censored]. I feel sorry for the ones that actually sent him watches as well with payments. We're talking small money here, but as an agregate... i'm sure quite a bit. My watch was the long time tenant of the wonderful host Ziggy that I eventually gave up. I would love to snatch his sorry ass up and throw him into the trunk of my CL500...our forum is built on trust and respect for it's members, and that's what really sucks about this situation. He screwed everyone.

Finepics is the only member/dealer transaction over 4 years in this hobby that has burned me. I have blindly given faith and money to dealers and members who have ALL COME THROUGH. And so have I. I remember my first transaction with EL 4 years ago when i sent him $2000 on my first order hoping he would come through...40+ watches later, EL is my go to guy. My first round of watches sent up north to good old Ziggy...would they get caught in customs, etc...flawless transactions always. Members like Chieftang who take the time to come through with an amazing AR run for the members, cyclops runs, etc. As far as I'm concerned, Mark is a POS who is both a liar and a thief...and a coward to boot. Come out and just state that no one will get anything back, that you spent the money on lap dances, or a big football bet that you lost, or put a down payment on an M5...just something so that everyone can forget about your sorry ass and move on.

We're all civil here, and we give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but there is ZERO doubt that he's burned us. Any form of communication would have abated any ill will or frustration, but let's stop being in denial and end this thread and anything to do with Mark because...POOF! he's gone, disappeared like my morning [censored] down the drain.

So true on all counts...

Don't forget to add in the equation of those that were scammed by Mark, all the members who's 7753 datewheels looked like swiss cheeze and are now useless...I know of at least one 196/7753 model he totally destroyed due to his total lack of any watchmaking or common sense skills...and I am sure the list goes on and on and on...

Karma does indeed work, but does nothing for the members who were scammed.

RG

So true on all counts...

Don't forget to add in the equation of those that were scammed by Mark, all the members who's 7753 datewheels looked like swiss cheeze and are now useless...I know of at least one 196/7753 model he totally destroyed due to his total lack of any watchmaking or common sense skills...and I am sure the list goes on and on and on...

Karma does indeed work, but does nothing for the members who were scammed.

RG

hey rob did u ever get my pm enquiry? :) thanks

Wow, people are still hoping that Mark aka Finepics will somehow just show up and make things right? I'm one of his victims, just a datewheel but one of many taken by this [censored]. I feel sorry for the ones that actually sent him watches as well with payments. We're talking small money here, but as an agregate... i'm sure quite a bit. My watch was the long time tenant of the wonderful host Ziggy that I eventually gave up. I would love to snatch his sorry ass up and throw him into the trunk of my CL500...our forum is built on trust and respect for it's members, and that's what really sucks about this situation. He screwed everyone.

Finepics is the only member/dealer transaction over 4 years in this hobby that has burned me. I have blindly given faith and money to dealers and members who have ALL COME THROUGH. And so have I. I remember my first transaction with EL 4 years ago when i sent him $2000 on my first order hoping he would come through...40+ watches later, EL is my go to guy. My first round of watches sent up north to good old Ziggy...would they get caught in customs, etc...flawless transactions always. Members like Chieftang who take the time to come through with an amazing AR run for the members, cyclops runs, etc. As far as I'm concerned, Mark is a POS who is both a liar and a thief...and a coward to boot. Come out and just state that no one will get anything back, that you spent the money on lap dances, or a big football bet that you lost, or put a down payment on an M5...just something so that everyone can forget about your sorry ass and move on.

A few months back, there was a thread where certain dealers had been proven beyond doubt to be 'less than trustworthy'. Nothing was really done then, and I doubt anything will be done now. I love the community here, way better than on RWGI, but seriously, people need to learn to stop 'turning the other cheek' in the hopes things will be 'made right'. If someone's a POS scammer, then that's all there is too it, and they should be acknowledged as thus and treated accordingly...

So true, it's a shame because even though i was getting [censored], i have many other positive things going on in my life that i just let the Finepics saga drag on because ultimately, it's just a watch part, right?...but just seeing this post the other day really irritated me because...i can tell how many people Mark has screwed, and that's what irritated me to write that post that EVERYONE is thinking but doesn't want to say in the hopes that Mark will resurface and make things right. He may show up like magic after my statement and suddenly appear after being MIA, and I wouldn't expect him to get me back what he should even though that's the right thing...but there are enough people that have been burned and i'm over Mark aka Finepics as any subject worth another minute of my time. Keep my $90 bucks, I'm at peace about it but what about everyone else?

Call a spade a spade, a good fella a good fella, and a POS a POS. Enjoy your little come up on everyone's expense because one thing I've learned in my 37 years...life is fair...good things happen to good people and shitty things happen to bad people. :victory:

what really peeves me off is that we all made pre-orders for the datewheel and there was quite some delay in getting them done. then when finepics came to take firm orders, that was the same time there was another thread selling the same datewheels by another member... but i kept to my word and so did some others in our initial order and paid up... and we were the ones that got screwed...

So true, it's a shame because even though i was getting [censored], i have many other positive things going on in my life that i just let the Finepics saga drag on because ultimately, it's just a watch part, right?...but just seeing this post the other day really irritated me because...i can tell how many people Mark has screwed, and that's what irritated me to write that post that EVERYONE is thinking but doesn't want to say in the hopes that Mark will resurface and make things right. He may show up like magic after my statement and suddenly appear after being MIA, and I wouldn't expect him to get me back what he should even though that's the right thing...but there are enough people that have been burned and i'm over Mark aka Finepics as any subject worth another minute of my time. Keep my $90 bucks, I'm at peace about it but what about everyone else?

Call a spade a spade, a good fella a good fella, and a POS a POS. Enjoy your little come up on everyone's expense because one thing I've learned in my 37 years...life is fair...good things happen to good people and shitty things happen to bad people. :victory:

I know entirely what you mean about things going well making things like this take a back-seat. I've been involved in a similar situation since Dec 06, where I'd paid someone $200 CDN to make something for me. After a month, they said that they couldn't make it afterall, as the parts they'd required weren't available, but offered to refund my money in four installments, so I agreed to that. One installment, returned fine. But a month later, they email me to say they've lost their job, so can't afford to make more repayments right away. I said that that was understandable, and to not worry about repaying the money until they'd landed a new job. Every month, I'd shoot them an email asking how things were, and, each time, they'd say they had an interview lined up, but, mysteriously, this would always fall through. In the end, I said not to worry about the money, and just to send me something from their own collection as a way of settling the debt by proxy. They didn't really want to do that, but offered to get me something else as a compensator, and to then still refund the money when they landed a job. A few months on from that, and I hadn't received the compensator, despite promises that it was ready for shipping (twice infact) so I just sent an email saying that enough was enough, and I'd gotten to the point where I just wanted to know if they ever intended to repay my money, or if they'd just played me for a chump. The response, was that they had actually landed a job, planned to make the repayments from their first pay cheque, and would post the compensator immediately. That arrived, and, although pretty poor quality, is workable into a nice project. I'm still waiting to see if they make good their promise of repayments... The only reason I let it all go on for 7 months was because I figured it wasn't a huge amount of money, and, I occasionally had other more pressing concerns in my life to deal with, and, times when all was well and it simply slipped my mind... All in all, it was pretty chickenshit behaviour in an attempt to scam me, but they didn't have the cojones for it, and came through (in part) on their promises in the end.

I don't have any tollerance for people who behave like this, and can't understand why people here are so reluctant to call people out when they are proven to be POS scammers, when reluctance to do so can lead to others also falling victim to similar behaviour...