When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finepics if you are out there ?

Campervan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RiverwindMDS

They canceled my post, but please what would anyone of you do if a men disappeared with more than 1000 $ of yours?

I think that nobody is doing nothing, nobody that knows him directly is doing nothing.

Maby someone who lives in london can go at his home to see if he can help us fix the situation or do I have to take a plain and go?

That is an awful situation and no mods, admin or other are helping us on that.

They canceled my post,

Can you please explain what you are saying here?

Who is "they"

That is an awful situation and no mods, admin or other are helping us on that.

NOW.... is the 1st time this has come to my/our attention.(To my knowledge)

Guys ... if you have a problem, there is such a thing as a PM.

Don't beleive your admin team read EVERY post....just keep us in the loop, and we will try to assist.

As you can see above, Ken has asked for some FACTS... it may be even better if those with a problem could forward info by PM the admin team, so we can decide IF a problem exists, and then WHAT, (if anything ) we can do to assist.

We ARE a strong admin group, we ARE NOT mindreaders.

Offshore

Although I am not a moderator here, I am a moderator of another website which has lately been plagued by a series of very unpleasant troll attacks, which has forced the admin team to report the issue to the police for breaches of the Protection from Harassment Act, and the Malicious Communications Act (UK Laws) The police were extremely helpful, and assured me that they will be taking action. How does that relate here... Well, the admins should be able to obtain Finepic's email address and IP address. If given to the police, then they could be resolved to an address, and the police could then take appropriate action. Please remember that owning replicas is not illegal in the UK. This is an issue of someone offering a service, taking a considerable amount of money in both funds and watches, and not providing said services. I do not know how ill Finespics is supposed to be, but I find it hard to believe that he is unable to communicate with his clients in anyway whatsoever. One person said they have been waiting six months, so to be honest, I think this should be turned over to the police as someone obtaining monies by deception. Posts asking if people know where he lives, and suggesting that someone might want to 'pay a visit', must stop immediately. They are breaches of the two UK laws I mentioned above, and would, in the eyes of the law, turn a perpetrator into a victim...

Take it to the mods, and with their help, take it to the police. The police will treat the matter very seriously and take appropriate action. I hope everything gets worked out satisfactorily for everyone involved, best of luck :)

Please remember that owning replicas is not illegal in the UK.

Is modifying them counted as manufacturing counterfeit goods? Is profiting from counterfeiting illegal? :black_eye:

This isn't the time to notify any form of authorities about our little hobby ...

TeeJay are you tripping?!! :bangin:

I'm wearing a dead Planet Ocean because I'd rather wear that than a working Rolex... My state of mind is probably not it's best at present :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Is modifying them counted as manufacturing counterfeit goods? Is profiting from counterfeiting illegal? :black_eye:

This isn't the time to notify any form of authorities about our little hobby ...

I would say 'no', because it is modifying an already existing product at it's legal owner's request... It is not manufacturing something from scratch to be sold...

Maybe when notifying the popo, Finepics should simply be described as a 'watch smith', and everyone leave the word 'rep' out of the description of their property. As has been said before, owning reps is not illegal. ADs have no power of confiscation, and in this scenario, I don't think the police would either, as they are not being sold, they are items already owned by people, who have paid to have 'maintenance' done to them. A service is a service, regardless of the actual goods involved, and in this case, people's complaint is nothing to do with the authenticity of their watches, but the lack of communication from the person they paid to 'service' them... It could certainly be viewed as obtaining cash by deception...

I agree, this is not something people want to be broadcasting to the authorities, but, it is not something that can be ignored either, and if someone is relying on the nature of the hobby to keep people away from the authorities, then that isn't an acceptable attitude. I really hope that Finepics is well, and hope that a reasonable sollution can be found, but, unless he is literally hospitalized or bedridden and totally incapacitated, how hard is it to get out of bed, quickly bash up a post on the forum explaining things, then go back to bed? As others noted, it's just unreasonable behaviour, even if there is an underlying reason for that...

I would say 'no', because it is modifying an already existing product at it's legal owner's request... It is not manufacturing something from scratch to be sold...

Yes, but converting something to look more realistic could be a grey area that flags up lots of warning bells. :whistling:

Yes, but converting something to look more realistic could be a grey area that flags up lots of warning bells. :whistling:

Possibly, but I don't know. Look at 'kit cars' and car modification enthusiasts... Those are just as much replicas as our watches are, but they don't get arrested for owning them or having them modified... As I said, if Finepics is described solelyas an independant watch smith, who was comissioned to perform X work on Y watch, has not done so and has not contacted the owners in 6 months, then I suspect the police would do something to recover people's property and money...

Ok everyone, hold your horses :)

Give him a few weeks, and I would expect you will see a post from him very soon! :whistling:

A few weeks? Some people have been waiting a few months without any progress updates... There is being reasonable and giving the benefit of the doubt, but there is also being taken for a chump... As I said, I really hope Finepics is well, and this matter can be resolved amicably, but, I felt it necessary to point out that the posts made like "Does anyone know wheer he lives, can anyone 'go round'?" would be breaches of the Malicious Communications Act and the Protection from Harassment Act, and would get someone in as much (if not more) trouble than owning a few knock-off watches (which again, are entirely legal in the UK to own)

I have just spoken to Finepics, he is back in the country and feeling much better. I am one of those people, who has been waiting months, October 06 in fact. Give him a few more weeks and I am confident that he will be in touch through this board, giving us all a status update.

I have just spoken to Finepics, he is back in the country and feeling much better. I am one of those people, who has been waiting months, October 06 in fact. Give him a few more weeks and I am confident that he will be in touch through this board, giving us all a status update.

That is indeed fantastic news :) I wasn't someone who had dealt with him, but just wanted to post to make people aware that posts like "can someone pay him a visit" are legally actionable under UK law...

I wasn't someone who had dealt with him, but just wanted to post to make people aware that posts like "can someone pay him a visit" are legally actionable under UK law...

Unless they actually mean "pay him a visit." Asking someone to pop over to a mate's house to see if they're all right isn't actionable. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unless they actually mean "pay him a visit." Asking someone to pop over to a mate's house to see if they're all right isn't actionable. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You know, maybe someone should actually "pay him a visit..." as in call him first, see if they can do anything to help him out, maybe even by mailing what needs to be mailed for him at their expense, or paid via some kind of collection here which I bet would be instantly successful. I ain't no Mother Theresa to be sure, but if a Washington DC RWGer were sick, I like to hope I'd be thinking the last thing he needs in his life is [censored] like Mark is getting in this thread and that maybe I'd make a 5 minute phone call and do an hour's worth of work for him.

:D Did those first few 'where does he live' posts really sound that benevelent? ;) I'm just glad that all is well, and people will be getting their stuff seen to :)

Guest RiverwindMDS

I simply have hi address... cause I sended him my watches.

He has a Panerai 250 Swiss 7753 That is more or less 700$

One breitling Bentley GT (that is at least 250$)

One crystal of a IWC to be coated

and I already payed him more or less 500$ Of modifications in advence.

Considering I sended him more than 6 months ago I think I lost the money but I was thinking that maby someone can go to his house and take tha wathes back and ship to the owners at least. And I don't think this is illegal...

All the people who has things to do with him were very supportive with him, but more than 4 months withot a reply isn't right.

When you deal with somebody else money you just simply can't do that.

I simply have hi address... cause I sended him my watches.

He has a Panerai 250 Swiss 7753 That is more or less 700$

One breitling Bentley GT (that is at least 250$)

One crystal of a IWC to be coated

and I already payed him more or less 500$ Of modifications in advence.

Considering I sended him more than 6 months ago I think I lost the money but I was thinking that maby someone can go to his house and take tha wathes back and ship to the owners at least. And I don't think this is illegal...

All the people who has things to do with him were very supportive with him, but more than 4 months withot a reply isn't right.

When you deal with somebody else money you just simply can't do that.

If it is a genuine visit, with no malice intended, than absolutely, that would not be illegal. However, please bear in mind the Malicious Communications Act, and the Protection from Harassment Act, which are two legally enforceable UK statutes... A misworded post could be misconstrued as 'harassing', and then that person would wind up in trouble through no fault of their own. As I mentioned, another forum I moderate is pursuing action against people for intentional breaches of these Acts, so I jsut wanted to make people aware of the legislations that exist, before anyone gets carried away, and things turn ugly...

(Strictly speaking, I agree with you 100%, and if I were in your place, I would most definitely want something done about it, it's just a case of going about it in a certain way so as not to fall foul of any laws in the process...) :)

They canceled my post, but please what would anyone of you do if a men disappeared with more than 1000 $ of yours?

Can you please explain what you are saying here?

Who is "they"

I would be the "They"...

Threats of physical violence or death will not be tolerated on this Forum...

Riverwinds Post was deleted, and he's been Warned...

This Thread MUST remain civil...

TT

Guest Watchandpen

As one who has experienced serious disappointment in his dealings with Finepics, may I caution "let the buyer beware". He took months and many promptings to return my watch - untouched - and then omitted returning the gen gold winding crown that he was meant to replace the original with. I am still waiting for him to reply to my email and voicemail..... But in my mind, I know that I'll probably have to write off this part.

Sorry, but no matter how much work running a household on your own / travelling around the world is..... logging in for 3-4 minutes and making a statement IS possible! Especially if you have thousands of $ from other people...

Possible, but less likely. Besides, I think no matter what he did, people would always have the "but he could have done more" answer. Like "if he logged in for 3-4 minutes, surely he could spend just 2 more answering my mail" or "it'd just take him three more minutes to explain when we'd get our stuff back."

Yes, Finepics has cocked this one up royally, but there's no point in waiting for him to post until he's got something to say, and let's be honest, that's not now.

ps. Didn't he have PC problems at some point?