When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Daytona FrankenWatch finally finished!

reelamore

It took about 5 months to gather all the parts and put it all together , but it was worth it..

Thanks to UBI :victory: for all his help and answers to my dumb questions..and also the motivation and encouragement!!

Here it is:

239854-10211.jpg

Gen case ( I was told)..Bezel looks aftermarket.

Gen MarkV dial and hands..

Gen Bracelet

31 Jewel El Primero from a Movado Datron..Rotor or bridge were not changed...

BTW, I am VERY impressed with the movt..its one GEM...

What do you guys think? :)

Looks great. :thumbsupsmileyanim: You are now a member of the ubimensch club. :lol:

THANKS Kruzer and everyone...I really love it and I would not have it if not for this forum...thats why I support it as much as I do, not to mention the members like Randy who freely give so so much.

A BIG THANK YOU TO UBI! :1a:

I REALLY LOVE MY WATCH...and my wife... B)

PEACE

Fantastic! Well done for putting it all together - I admire your fortitude.

Ubi is a real gent and a great asset to the forum. Oh, I can't believe that the second hand on his white daytona does not reset to twelve properly :o it must be the angle of the photo, I'll have another look...... :blink: Looks square on to me. I'm sure there is some legitimate reason for this, he stopped it just after twelve on purpose, he must have, he must have :lol:

Sorry to digress love the watch, wear it well and what's next in the pipeline?

Ubi is a real gent and a great asset to the forum. Oh, I can't believe that the second hand on his white daytona does not reset to twelve properly :o it must be the angle of the photo, I'll have another look...... :blink: Looks square on to me. I'm sure there is some legitimate reason for this, he stopped it just after twelve on purpose, he must have, he must have :lol:

Since his is not an asian 7750 he plays this fun game called "how fast can I press the start/top button twice in a row." I hear you can do that with a gen movement. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

NOTE TO NEWER MEMBERS..

I have recieved a couple of PMs and I don't want to confuse anyone here, and bombard UBI with PMs .

When I stated that UBI helped I meant that he POSTED here MANY informative articles which I searched for and did my own thing...he has eveything you need to know here as well as others...

He does not build , modify or consult to build these...he is very generous to post his experiences here and even answer questions via the forum..If you search for Daytona you will find all of them...try it its fun!

Thanks, and good luck for those who pursue such a project!.. :)

Ha...I'm sure its the camera angle.. :blink::rolleyes:

Hiya gang!

Not wanting to hijack reelamore's post too much...

Yeah... My center seconds hands are slightly off- The white is slightly after 12:00 and the black is slightly before 12:00. I don't really mind, however... Maybe the next time I crack the cases open, I'll center them up, but for now they don't bother me enough to justify taking everything apart to correct... :lol:

BTW... My pair are daily beaters... I alternate every other day, but admit to wearing both at the same time (one on each wrist) some days. My co-workers find it amusing... But they know I'm slightly eccentric as well...

:)

240139-10074.jpg