When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch do you regret selling (and wish you had again)?

ubiquitous

I know that we've all, at some point, sold a watch that initially thought would not be missed, but looking back wish it were still in the watch box. For me... I have a few...

Old TW Best AP Royal Oak Nick Faldo (15190)

247729-8287.jpg

Frankenstein 7928 Tudor Sub

247729-8288.jpg

2893 GMT PAM29

247729-8289.jpg

All I have left to remember these are old pics...

Anyone else have old memories to share?

Wish I still had my TW best Seadweller.

Also wish I hadn't sold my gen single quick sapphire YG day date with the bark finish. The watch had a lot of character. I would also like to have another two tone Cartier Chronoflex. Nice dressy watch.

Not my pics but you get the idea.

post-1628-1179324894_thumb.jpg

post-1628-1179324901_thumb.jpg

My GMT just two weeks ago. I was going to buy a franken-GMT but the deal didn't happen... so I "accidentally" sold my GMT Master. But... Precious Time has another one coming for me already. :)

247764-8286.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

Phew, Randy. For a minute there I thought you were going to mention your Breitling Seawolf and I'd have been wracked with guilt (it still gets TLC and was the only watch I took with me on my recent trip to Amsterdam, and one of two that went with me to Italy).

I can understand why the Tudor Sub is still pulling at your heart strings. I'd love one of those.

Back on-topic, I haven't regretted a sale yet, although I might get another TAG Link at some point. Each watch has been an experience, plus I look for keepers now.....

Heh... R11co... I do sometimes miss the Ti Seawolf... But, it was just way too large for my wrist. Had it been a more proportionate watch for me... I would have no doubt kept it :)

Still... It is one of those nice, rare pieces that seldom comes around... A nice collectible watch, and highly coveted. One that deserves wrist time... As well as a great owner who will appreciate it.

I have no doubts that it went to the right person... And no regrets on that one at all, my friend :)

Cheers!

It would have to be my closed factory Omega Seamaster - TWICE. Had 2 of them and sold them about a year apart to fund other projects....totally regret both decisions :bangin:

Going slightly off topic here... I think we need to get another Mile High GTG coordinated. TT, Rocket.... What say you guys?

:)

Can I join the mile high club ? :bleh:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

There are 2 for me, both gens. I traded a TT Datejust with an Iris dial (which I had $1200.00 in) for a 5513 Submariner about 10 years ago. The band on the Datejust was getting pretty loose and it needed servicing so I felt it was a fair deal. I absolutely loved that Sub. I sold it to upgrade to a nicer Sub. but I bought a car and used the money before I could find another Rolex.

A few years later I picked up a Bond SMP on eBay for $800.00. I found that it wasn't quite a durable as the Sub. I damaged the crystal, bezel, bezel insert and then it quit working. I bit the bullet and sent it in for factory service. It was very nice when I got it back so I put it back on eBay. Got $850.00 back out of it which made it about a $250.00 loss to me. I should have just kept it.

Since then I've bought a bigger house and 2 new cars so another gen. Sub just isn't in the budget just yet. I did end up with a SS Datejust but it's just not a Sub.

Edited by predfan2001