When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Save the Little Dutch Kid Fund

Edge

Guys,

I just want to thank you all again. However, obviously I am not depending on others to clear my mess up as result of this misfortune on my part!

I am very thankful to all those willing to give me a little jump start, all those who wouldnt take a "no", persistence persistence and calling me stubborn, haha. Thanks so much to each and every one of you for taking the time to post as well. I appreciate it and I wont stop saying it!!

All the best!!

Floris

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RT, have you tried the donation button??

Also I would like to state that I URGE everyone to also contribute to the forums, this is not supposed to be detrimental to the forum support please don't take it that way. I am as you can all see an avid supporter of RWG/RWI/TRC so please don't take this in any vein apart from trying to help out dutchy in his time of need.

Upon the completion of this gesture of goodwill I will consult the forum to see if we want to leave it open for future problems, howevr my initial thought is that it would then be open to abuse, as anyone could claim that this has ahappened and get a free watch.

I started this as Dutchy is a good friend and I believe that he has suffered this misfortune and if you only knew how adament he ha been about not accepting things then you would know he is genuine too.

Chris

By the way everyone, please support this site as well, if it weren't for RWG/TRC/WT, we would all

be opening empty packages a lot more often. :(

Thanks Richard for your help!

Indeed you are very right, if it wasnt for this none of us would be able to help eachother out. I do hope that my thread is not seen as a 'money grabbing' technique but as an honest thread for all to notice the dangers of using a secure or 'verified' company such as TNT, FedEx, UPS. There are dishonest people everywhere and one should be aware of the consequences. I never thought once of a package that goes through customs from the other side of the world without a single problem, to arrive at my house empty with the plastic watch wrappers still in the box ripped to pieces with force. A $40 service that is.

Anyway, another rant I think, but thanks to all of you, true family and I WILL NOT FORGET IT!

RT, have you tried the donation button??

Also I would like to state that I URGE everyone to also contribute to the forums, this is not supposed to be detrimental to the forum support please don't take it that way. I am as you can all see an avid supporter of RWG/RWI/TRC so please don't take this in any vein apart from trying to help out dutchy in his time of need.

Upon the completion of this gesture of goodwill I will consult the forum to see if we want to leave it open for future problems, howevr my initial thought is that it would then be open to abuse, as anyone could claim that this has ahappened and get a free watch.

I started this as Dutchy is a good friend and I believe that he has suffered this misfortune and if you only knew how adament he ha been about not accepting things then you would know he is genuine too.

Chris

Thanks so much Edge. I will contribute to the RWG forum as soon as I get some funds together again. I will receive my pocket money at the end of the month and the least I can do is contribute in that way. It was stupid to invest all my money into that watch order, true, very stupid, but as it was birthday money I assumed "I can afford to lose the money as it wont get me into financial debt", well it didnt get me into DEBT, but its quite an emotional obstacle to know that someone ripped open and stole something that belongs to you, but as an employee doesnt KNOW who he steals from and again as mentioned before, probably needs to feed his family through things like these...

I appreciate all your help and all your efforts, from all of you!

You are all dear friends, and I mean that. I hope to have a beer with you all some day!

Floris

Temporary error with the donation button sending money to SAVEDUTCHYSBDAY@YAHOO.COM still works tho lol.

We have worked out a way to ship the item to him hassle free, so no worries in that regard, we are know just considering what to get him, all depending upon the amount available that is.

Chris

Happy B-Day Dutchy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

donation sent.

Now more importantly, any idea on how to actually get a watch to Dutchy that doesn't end up on some postal employees wrist? Is there a double secret way to ship it?

Thanks so much.

The thing is, I have a P.O. Box in the netherlands that doesnt go through customs and is out of reach from the state. The only thing is it takes AGES to get to me. I was going to have it shipped there but figured,

China to the netherlands = 7-10 days

Courier to Venezuela (every friday only via airmail, if it reaches the courier in holland on a monday, it goes on friday...if it reaches on a tuesday, you have to wait a whole extra week til next friday) = 7-12 days (depending on time of arrival to the courier)

So that could mean 3 weeks. well I COULDNT wait. I wanted to show friends and family what I bought with my birthday money and I wanted to find you guys another contact and contribute in terms of watches for once with a review and or pictures.

So I figured that TNT with guaranteed delivery of 7 days from China and no customs problems with TNT here was a good option.

I remember when I was 18, and if this had happened to me I too would have been upset. Once the donation link is fixed I"ll be sure ton help out any way I can.

Good luck Dutchy 24227-1318.jpg:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sam.

Great pic! and thanks so much for the support!!

Edited by Dutchy

Oh of course, I did not mention board support as if this worthy cause is any detriment,..on the contrary,

just trying to remind us that our community center, which houses our guides, friends and doctors, needs

to be maintained and bills paid.

Still getting error messages.... will try the direct method...

Oh of course, I did not mention board support as if this worthy cause is any detriment,..on the contrary,

just trying to remind us that our community center, which houses our guides, friends and doctors, needs

to be maintained and bills paid.

Still getting error messages.... will try the direct method...

Absolutely necessary indeed. I will try to donate immediately on the 1st of May.

Thanks Richard.

Floris

Used direct method, link not working, again have a Happy Birthday. :band1:

Thanks so much, you guys made my day, my week, month, my whole replica experience better than I could have hoped for, honestly, I mean that!!

Love your signature and avatar by the way!

Again thanks to all,

Floris

The Signature Button is now FULLY operational, It will redirect you to a page containing the Donation Button. There is some problem with directly using the pp button in the sig so this is necessary, please don't be put of it's now only 2 CLICKs instead of 1.

BUTTON OPERATIONAL!!!!!!!!!

I've been so busy on the cyclops thing that I am a little late in reading this, but donation sent and my best wishes for a happy b-day-after

Here ya go, kid. Happy Birthday.

Thanks so much Ethan!

Although I cannot see who has been so extra generous to even donate, I am trying to personally PM every person and answer all good wishes I can. I've gotten literally over 100 PM's, 5 offers, 3 threads, and hundreds of posts.

Thanks again guys!

Floris