When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This Is For All My Customers And Friends To Know!

rbj69

Well the last couple weeks the weather has been changing around here and i have been suffering from asthma more this year , so i wanted u guys that i have watches to work on please dont worry but it may be a little extra time required , and it is easier to let u know through a thread, so dont worry about me im fine just something i have to deal with from time to time , thanks rbj69

Joe,

Asthma sucks! I hope you are managing well. Few years back, I came down with some wicked flu that set me on a bad course for several years It was the winter of 98-99. That Spring and Summer, I had a hell of a time breathing and I developed a severe reaction to dogs. Prior to that winter, I was a pretty decent long-distance runner. The long and short of it is that year I developed a pretty acute case of asthma. It started to impact my climbing, even on short routes. It took a while for the Doc to figure it out and I went through a host of medications before getting it under control just a few years ago. When I hired on for a new job I got a new Doc, smart guy, asks a lot of questions and he told me that his goal was to get me to a point where I could do the things I've always done, running, climbing etc. I puff on my Advair twice a day, and I still carry the abuterol with me, but I don't freak out when I forget it like a used to.

I hope you are well and hanging in there friend. Take it easy. Breathe well.

Climb on.

Joe, hope you get to feeling better. I don't have asthma, but I do live in the old north state too and this time of year is certainly more difficult than most. Never fails, about a week or two after the Pine Pollen, the other stuff starts hitting me badly. My eyes will water, my nose will run, I look like I'm freaking crying all the time. Work seems impossible and I just work on car stereos so I know working on watches must be difficult. :blink:

But there is hope in site, once the pollen season passes at least. I'm by the beach and man is it nice in this town when the weather warms up!!!

Keep your head up man! :victory:

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your Asthma battle. Not sure if you know but I am a pharmaceutical researcher and I have done plenty of studies on asthma. My advice for you would be to go on Advair and also take Singulair daily. Also, carry your albuterol inhaler with you but only use it if needed. The advair and singulair are not "rescue" medications but rather are long term controller meds.

If you are not on Advair or Singulair...I recommend them highly.

Talk to your doctor about it and I hope you get under control.

You need to breathe so you can work on those watches!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well the last couple weeks the weather has been changing around here and i have been suffering from asthma more this year , so i wanted u guys that i have watches to work on please dont worry but it may be a little extra time required , and it is easier to let u know through a thread, so dont worry about me im fine just something i have to deal with from time to time , thanks rbj69

Get better, Joe. :D

Joe, hope you get to feeling better. I don't have asthma, but I do live in the old north state too and this time of year is certainly more difficult than most. Never fails, about a week or two after the Pine Pollen, the other stuff starts hitting me badly. My eyes will water, my nose will run, I look like I'm freaking crying all the time. Work seems impossible and I just work on car stereos so I know working on watches must be difficult. :blink:

But there is hope in site, once the pollen season passes at least. I'm by the beach and man is it nice in this town when the weather warms up!!!

Keep your head up man! :victory:

bignasty... i have the same problem... only got it after 7 years of living in the garden city... plenty of pollen in spring... you should take some hayfever medication... and also eyedrops... really helps a lot...

and joe... sorry to hear that... get well soon...