When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek wristcheck...

ubiquitous

22-MAY-2007

Hey gang... Just getting a head start on the midweek wrist check...

Today I have on my new-to-me MBK Royal Oak Jumbo. It's basically the same as the old TW Best piece... And yes, it has gold color screws (which don't actually bother me) and a few other small flaws that I can live with.

As anyone who has ever seen one of these in person can attest- This is an exquisite piece. Very well executed and nice finish. The feel is smooth and details precise. To top it all off, the irridescence of the dial is unreal. I love it!

251192-7519.jpg

251192-7520.jpg

251192-7521.jpg

Only modification that I have made to date was to remove one of the permanent links on the 6:00 side of the bracelet. This was done to eliminate some binding while on the wrist (subsequently an extra removable link was added to the 12:00 side to allow the clasp to sit flat against the bottom of my wrist). The process in removing the permanent link is bit stressful as there's really no room for error, and the possibility of runing my new toy was imminent...

251192-7522.jpg

However, I got it taken care of :p

A couple of extras...

251192-7523.jpg

251192-7524.jpg

251192-7525.jpg

251192-7526.jpg

251192-7527.jpg

Kind of a nice change to the usual...

:)

22-MAY-2007

Hey gang... Just getting a head start on the midweek wrist check...

Today I have on my new-to-me MBK Royal Oak Jumbo. It's basically the same as the old TW Best piece... And yes, it has gold color screws (which don't actually bother me) and a few other small flaws that I can live with.

As anyone who has ever seen one of these in person can attest- This is an exquisite piece. Very well executed and nice finish. The feel is smooth and details precise. To top it all off, the irridescence of the dial is unreal. I love it!

251213-7495.jpg

251213-7496.jpg

251213-7497.jpg

Only modification that I have made to date was to remove one of the permanent links on the 6:00 side of the bracelet. This was done to eliminate some binding while on the wrist (subsequently an extra removable link was added to the 12:00 side to allow the clasp to sit flat against the bottom of my wrist). The process in removing the permanent link is bit stressful as there's really no room for error, and the possibility of runing my new toy was imminent...

251213-7498.jpg

However, I got it taken care of :p

A couple of extras...

251213-7499.jpg

251213-7500.jpg

251213-7501.jpg

251213-7502.jpg

251213-7503.jpg

Kind of a nice change to the usual...

:)

Hi ubiquitous

Stunning watch :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I received the same watch last Wednesday , and I cannot find better words to describe it ,

You expressed my sentiments exactly :D

Is the dial Blue or black ?

Cannot really tell from the pics

cheers

Hi ubiquitous

Stunning watch :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I received the same watch last Wednesday , and I cannot find better words to describe it ,

You expressed my sentiments exactly :D

Is the dial Blue or black ?

Cannot really tell from the pics

cheers

Thanks, wadan!

I picked up the blue dial... Kinda hard to capture the color/irridescence in these pics; I'll try to get some in the sunlight :)

So far I'm lovin' mine (and I'm sure you're loving yours as well) :)

Thanks, wadan!

I picked up the blue dial... Kinda hard to capture the color/irridescence in these pics; I'll try to get some in the sunlight :)

So far I'm lovin' mine (and I'm sure you're loving yours as well) :)

The Blue Dial is the Best :thumbsupsmileyanim: ,,, I got the Black dial

Did not realize my mistake , till I handled a Gen blue one at the Local AD last Sunday :( .

The amazing thing is that the AD told me that the blue one has been setting there for 2 years ,

Buyers get so exited about it but when it comes to laying down the cash ,

The back down and ask for a white or a black one ,,, never Blue nor Gray

I wonder why ? :g:

Just got around taking a quick pic of my new MBW. LionsandTigers did a fantastic job modding the watch adding a modded insert (thanks Palp), Noob dial, bracelet and date overlay, along with the gen tube and crown (thanks Ubi).

251253-7487.jpg

What can I say ? Some members will recognize them I guess.

My heart is stuck between my two late arrivals . They are such beauties that I am wearing them since I got them.

Right now: Edge's Red 1680

251302-7467.jpg

251302-7468.jpg

Probably tomorrow: Kelster's 1665 GW

251302-7469.jpg

251302-7470.jpg