When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What car do you own?

thomasng

I know everyone here would expect someone like me to have a fancy car like a Porsche, Rolls Royce, Bentley, BMW and the like right? WRONG!

All I drive right now is a Smart car. Yes, it's official, I wear watches that are even more expensive than my car, after my new Benz was smashed up from behind last year, I never wanted to buy an expensive car again. I'm a borderline environmentalist, I recycle everything, I reuse so much stuff, and I do composting and stuff like that too.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subaru legacy GT wagon... needed the extra bootspace and 4wd for work so traded my e36 M3 for this.

I am however looking at getting a proper 4wd sometime soon... thinking of the X5... anyone have experiences with the car? is it reliable? I am a bit wary with the electronics on BMW's after my M3 experience.

well... just that with bmw's maintenance is quite expensive... and cos there are so many electronics in it... so more things that can go wrong... to be honest i did not have very major problems... and it helped that i purchased a mechanical warranty for the car which paid for almost everything.

I had problems with the automatic windows, leaking gasket, air conditioning, and a few other small things i have forgotten what...

but overall it is a great drivers car! all that power... i saw a 99 m3 coupe with smg transmission for sale the other day which kinda tempted me again...

why are u getting the sedan over the coupe if you want it for a track car?

i owned a cagiva mito for quite a while (one of the best looking cycles available!) and now i drive a fiat... planning to switch to BMW (3series) soon, if i get a good credit! the 7% they offered me is a rip off!

7% would be considered dirt cheap here... I used to pay about 14%

how is the x5? any issues or problem that I need to know if I am looking to get one?

I've been in the car business for 22 years and it's by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Truly a awesome driving machine. I couldn't be more happier!

TT

I feel so silly for driving a Smart car while comparing what I have with the rest of you. :lol:

Time for a new car admin :whistling:

I still drive my Eunos 800 I imported from Japan to New Zealand and shipped here to Oz when I moved... I just love this car for some weird reason :blink:

We got my wife a Freelander ES... It's good now... after 20 visits back to the friggin dealer. Land Rover never again :angry:

admin, if I spent as much time as you in downtown, I would be driving a Smart also. I live and work in the 905 and frequently go north to visit family. I cover large distances, and I think an AMG Mercedes is a bit better choice for that than a Smart. On my 4km commute to work, I frequently feel like I shoud be riding my bike instead. I have 3 bikes that combined are worth much more than my car. With the onset of the good weather, I will ride one of them instead of driving.