When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Final SuperOcean ultimate?

Guest lcdr2007

Guest lcdr2007

I've recently picked up a P.O. and lately all the buzz about this SS SuperOcean has gotten me hooked. I'm just wondering if I should wait a while longer to see if some of the flaws mentioned in the reviews get ironed out on some sort of later 'Ultimate' edition. I'm thinking of the 'early adopters' of the first Ferrari and P.O. reps and how I would feel if a near perfect version of something I jumped on early comes out soon after my purchase. Any opinions on whether this version of the Steelfish is the best that will be available from now on?

Yea, I dont think it will get any more perfect than the one available now! Dont see them bothering making another version!

BTW does anybody know the reason why there is a nickle plated version made? Breitling never made a nickle plated version did they?

Buy now. This one isn't getting any better.

BTW does anybody know the reason why there is a nickle plated version made? Breitling never made a nickle plated version did they?

Are you sure it's not just the movement that's Nickel plated?

Oh, well I dont really know what it means.. what are upside to having the movement nickle plated?

The color of the movement may indicate the origin from which it was produced or assembled, which may be of benefit to overall QC, though aside from that, there's really no upside. The color of the movement or plating does not offer any functional benefit to the movement.

The color of the movement may indicate the origin from which it was produced or assembled, which may be of benefit to overall QC, though aside from that, there's really no upside. The color of the movement or plating does not offer any functional benefit to the movement.

Absolutely correct!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest lcdr2007
This rep is almost perfect. Buy this one, this is the best version that will be available.

I guess my decision has been made. I really just wanted that little extra push.

man the only thing they need to do is fix that window box!!! its not supposed to be that thick!!!

Man...stop obsessing about this watch already. It's getting a bit tired. Get the rep or not and live with the flaws... or forget about it. If you think that the rep factories are able to ever make this one better I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. That's how the rep game is. Complaining about the miniscule flaws is ok, but it won't change a thing. They might fix some flaw for the next batch but screw up something much more important. They ALWAYS do this... and there aren't many reps (if even one) as close as this.

And BTW... not that ANYONE outside this forum really cares, but the window box is in correct size on the rep. Just do a bit of research and compare it to the correct model (not to the old ones that use the thin box). And before you ask... yes, it comes with both types of bracelets: Professional I (all brushed) and Professional II (polished centre links).

257209-6258.jpg

257209-6259.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

It is impossible for the rep factory to produce a 1:1 rep. The minor flaws are not easily spotted at all. It will take a "trained" eyes a long time to identify it as rep. There is a cheaper asian version without AR and wrong date font. But since you are asking for the final and the best.... Choose the swiss version with strong AR, correct date font and movement as it is really close to the gen specs.

I think the SFSO should be named the best rep of the 2007. I totally agree with By-tor. Do some research. The SFSO swiss version is already at its best. Get while it is still available.

I have the white ETA on the genuine rubber strap and you could take this watch anywhere. While I don't think that taking reps into ADs is a good idea I doubt if anyone would catch this one on. It is the best rep 'out of the box' for sure and the ETA movement is the correct base for the genuine Breitling movement.