When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dissapointed 1st purchase

ishanga

hi guys,

after months of reseach & reading what people were saying here i made my 1st buy, The moon watch; white dial blue markers & lemania movt or whatever the hell its really known as. i bought it off a reputed dealer here a week ago. correspondence was great so was the speed of service.

However, here's the sad part. The dial is nothing like what the pictures on the site displayed. The blue hour markers shines so much they look like little pieces of crystal. A dead give away. On the gen & on the dealers site it has a matt effect.

Nexti didnt realise until i got the watch that it doesnt have the date function :wounded1:

And every other dealer who carried this piece had the date function on their watches displayed, no complaints here cos its my fault not to notice.

Next, the bezel was dented at 4 o'clock.

Overall im disgusted with this whole deal. Why have i not raised these issues with the seller?..cos there's no point, im not going to spend a cent on this for a replacement. Just be careful of what you order unless you have prior experience with the dealer.

I'll put up pictures this week end, hopefully.

Sorry to hear that your first rep wasn't up to expectations - but everyone here has a first rep, and believe me - as first purchases go, yours is way up the chart. It works - that's probably a start! :) And I bet it's still a decent watch that doesn't look a million miles from the gen - none of these reps are perfect, you get a great watch at a fraction of the price.

Did this come from PureTime? I notice he has two watches very similar.

I'm no expert on this model but I think what you wanted was a Broad Arrow rather than a 'Moon Watch', they tend to be built on the A7750 (Automatics rather than Manuals). Yours looks like the Broad Arrow, but is a Moon Watch fantasy, I think.

You may be able to send the watch back if it has a dent in it - depending on how bad it is. Or there may be trade options for you.

Best of luck! :)

thnx alot for cheering me up :whistling:

I feel alot better now after that initial shock.

The watch was listed as Omega Broad Arrow for Man New Dial : Lemania Manual

The dent is not bad, but its there and noticeable to the eye & touch.

A new dial is a must.

I"m surprised this happened to me at all, after all this particular dealer claimed to another

forum member that he does QC before shipping out. <_<<_<

thnx alot for cheering me up :whistling:

I feel alot better now after that initial shock.

The watch was listed as Omega Broad Arrow for Man New Dial : Lemania Manual

The dent is not bad, but its there and noticeable to the eye & touch.

A new dial is a must.

I"m surprised this happened to me at all, after all this particular dealer claimed to another

forum member that he does QC before shipping out. <_<<_<

Would this particular dealer be named Andrew or Joshua by any chance?

Would this particular dealer be named Andrew or Joshua by any chance?

josh does not carry this exact piece, its not either one.

A certain member here ran into problems with this dealer a few days or weeks ago when

his shpmt was delayed. The dealers reason ; "did some quality testing & turned out the piece wasnt upto

standard so had to reorder from supplier..." or somethn in those lines.

Thats utter Bull if you asked me & just an excuse for the delay.

Seriously this post is usless without photos.

yeah i knw. I took abt 30 shots last night under diff lighting condition, i.e; flash on/off, spot light on, macro on/off...but coudlnt capture

the dtls im talking abt. I'll try again in day light.

The blue hour makers (which shines metallic blue, like crystals) shows up in the photo in dark blue.

I'll play around with the camera a little more & see how it goes.

[censored] happens in this game folks u gotta live with it. unfortunaely for me it happned on the 1st instant.

Sorry for this trouble exactly on your cherry watch.

Those collectors used to have excellent reputation (I am confident that, should you ever decide to ask them for a replacement they will help), and I am concerned with all these issues that are coming out about their current performances.

I know that already in the past they had down times -- due to recurring serious health problems to one of them, I heard.

It maybe that also on these occasions it's something alike.

Nothing than can sooth your trouble, I understand.

Unless I'm way off base here the Omega Broad Arrow and the Moon watch are two different beasts, yes the hands and markers shine (in the right light) on the broad arrow, a feature I personally loved on my BA but to each his own I suppose.

Ken

josh does not carry this exact piece, its not either one.

A certain member here ran into problems with this dealer a few days or weeks ago when

his shpmt was delayed. The dealers reason ; "did some quality testing & turned out the piece wasnt upto

standard so had to reorder from supplier..." or somethn in those lines.

Thats utter Bull if you asked me & just an excuse for the delay.

Fair enough, I only wondered as it wouldn't be the first time they'd have sold a customer something other than exactly what was advertized...

With regards the comment about the shipment delay, I've actually had two messages from different dealers along those lines. One was with a 42mm Planet Ocean. Two were on order, one was fine, the other movement died while they were checking it, so they told me about it and offered me an exchange or refund. I took the exchange, and got my Daytona. The second happened today. I've ordered a 45mm Planet Ocean from a new dealer, and had asked that they swap the bracelet for one on another of their auctions ('My' watch only had etching on the clasp, the other, an identical watch but with the pumpkin numerals, had engraving on the clasp) They'd said they would swap them over, but emailed a few hours later to say that they'd been unsuccessfull in swapping the bracelets, and would throw in a free leather strap as compensation for not being able to keep their word on the bracelet swap. Now, as much as I like leather straps, I'd only wear the 45mm Planet Ocean on rubber, so asked if they could make it a rubber strap instead of the leather, to which they replied no problem. I know it'll be the Seamaster Strap rather than the Planet Ocean Strap, but it'll be good enough till I can get the Planet Ocean strap through. I also paid extra for express shipment, so I'll have to wait and see how quick it arrives. A bit rambly, I know, but I just wanted to point out that sometimes, messages about 'delays' really are genuine delays :)

Photo added.

hi guys,

after months of reseach & reading what people were saying here i made my 1st buy, The moon watch; white dial blue markers & lemania movt or whatever the hell its really known as. i bought it off a reputed dealer here a week ago. correspondence was great so was the speed of service.

However, here's the sad part. The dial is nothing like what the pictures on the site displayed. The blue hour markers shines so much they look like little pieces of crystal. A dead give away. On the gen & on the dealers site it has a matt effect.

Nexti didnt realise until i got the watch that it doesnt have the date function :wounded1:

And every other dealer who carried this piece had the date function on their watches displayed, no complaints here cos its my fault not to notice.

Next, the bezel was dented at 4 o'clock.

Overall im disgusted with this whole deal. Why have i not raised these issues with the seller?..cos there's no point, im not going to spend a cent on this for a replacement. Just be careful of what you order unless you have prior experience with the dealer.

I'll put up pictures this week end, hopefully.

here's the picture of my watch. Yeah, i read tor's review. Everything about this watch is wrong.

1. have a look at the hour markers shine?

2. jagged between 3-4 o'clock. This looks alot better now from what it was when i 1st recieved the watch.

3. Crooked logo

However, i can't complain about the movt so far. Hasnt skipped a beat & keeps good time. (so far..)

post-5878-1181104345_thumb.jpg

Hey dude, if it makes you feel any better, I really like the watch. I'd definitely fix up the edge of the bezel, but other than that I think its a nice piece. If you wanted the date window you should have opted for the 7750 version, but the seagull movement in yours will probably serve you better!

Cheers.

Yeah the venus copy movement does not have date I don't think, as it is being used in the moonwatch movement, along with other chrono with no date function. you do need the asian 7750 movement, however, I think the dial finish on that one is pretty much the same, other than it has a date window. if I am wrong, someone please correct me. Thanks and good luck.

Hey dude, if it makes you feel any better, I really like the watch. I'd definitely fix up the edge of the bezel, but other than that I think its a nice piece. If you wanted the date window you should have opted for the 7750 version, but the seagull movement in yours will probably serve you better!

Cheers.

Yeah the venus copy movement does not have date I don't think, as it is being used in the moonwatch movement, along with other chrono with no date function. you do need the asian 7750 movement, however, I think the dial finish on that one is pretty much the same, other than it has a date window. if I am wrong, someone please correct me. Thanks and good luck.

Thanks alot for your support.

When i 1st got the watch i was shocked, cos i noticed all the flaws in 2 sec's. Then i read the reviews on it & thats when i realized i should have expected this & shouldn't have made a fuss. But the dent, i'll live with it cos the pain is gone now :rolleyes:

The reason i recovered so fast is due to the fact that the movt is good, can't complain there. So i'd rather keeper this than swap it for a 7750 which might not perform as good as the venus.