When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Million dollar mistake.. Great shot!

Everythingape

I'm not sure I would be keen on that little swim, the waters around Dubai are said to be shark infested and most things that find their way into the water get set upon. :black_eye:

Ken

Well you can bet there was a BIG discount being offered on it at the show! :D

Have seen more than a few of these type scenes in my time... never pretty.

(Although it wasn't a bad entry... judged 6.5 7.0 6.5 7.0 7.5 and 6.0 by the panel of international judges.... degree of difficulty 8.9!)

Offshore

BTW, for those who don't know... that would be a total write off... cost of returning it to the builder and stripping the few good bits would be more than the value of the remanents.

BTW, for those who don't know... that would be a total write off... cost of returning it to the builder and stripping the few good bits would be more than the value of the remanents.

Especially if you consider the drive shafts have been forced into the engine. :wounded1:

Yeah, ouch.

That is such a classic photo!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taken with a Motorola RAZR phone!

You can't buy timing and luck. ;)

Imagine thinking it'd be crap and then seeing that on your computer screen. You'd be selling it to the nearest photo library as soon as you could drag that guy out of the water for a model release. :D

I dunno about that.. I can't see where it would be fixed.. It's a RAZR V3x, 2Mp camera.

I have the old one (V3), so I'm not sure either and not sure why I said "HAVE"...I never hooked my phone up to the comp so I dunno what the pics look like on the screen but I cannot imagine them that nice...

You can take some very decent pics with a cellphone, Dutchy.

I have a few babypics framed at home, taken with a SE K750i.

A personal favourite is this one, taken with a SE W810i 2MP camera.

Only thing done with it is making it smaller and applying heavy photo filter in PS CS2.

263924-4902.jpg

No way these pics were taken with a v3 razr! The v3 camera is a piece of crap, period!

It's not a V3, slay.. it's a V3x.. difference of 0,6 MP.

Image properties for splash.jpg:

Dimensions: 1200 x 1600

Size: 249 KB

Camera Model: RAZRV3x

Date Picture Taken: 3/7/2007 @ 3:54 PM.

A testpic taken with the V3x ( I realise this is not a splashing boat , but it's not that bad still):

263941-4900.jpg

I hear ya. Slay and I were both thinking of the V3, I have no experience with the one you mentioned and again, I've never loaded my pics onto a comp. Looks very nice though (The K750i is amazing, I had that one and loaded those pics often, those were really really nice). Thanks for the pic though :)

Re the question of the shafts becoming misaligned.

An impact such as this, would at the very least shift the motors on their mounts, (if not tear the motors (and genset) free), and the gearboxes, batteries, desal, thruster motors, tanks,blackwater system etc etc would move as well.

Just also think of all the other items aboard, which would have "moved" Fridges, stoves, furniture et al. would have been chucked all over the shop.

I have seen motors in a race boat torn from high performane mounts, just from impact with a wave ( admittedly the race boats are travelling pretty quick these days... however the impacts would be similar) And I can assure you that race boats are deigned with impact in mind, not so recreational boats.

As I said previously, have seen a few boats dropped over the years, one in particular, which landed right way up, (about 48' from memory) was subsequently written off, just from equipment movement and structural damage, ( it didn't even get water inside)

Not pretty, but inevitable in the boat business.

Offshore