When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review my Daytona....

Subby

Nice crown guards. Really that watch doesn't get too much more accurate than the model you have. The biggest flaw on these watches is the deep rehaut. Your pics arent good enough to judge the dial print.

So is it deeper the rehaut better? I'll try to take a better pic of the dial. I thought that on Subs that usually the rehaut isn't deep enough.

thanks a bunch

This is a awesome rep but rehaut looks too deep to me. Look at the T in superlative or this S in in swiss made. You guys are the experts on this though. This watch is very nice and I only hope that the watch+box I got stuck in customs right now is as nice ( If I ever get it).

Subby is this a fraken? the Cgs are amazing!

Edited by tonyp1

This is a awesome rep but rehaut looks too deep to me. Look at the T in superlative or this S in in swiss made. You guys are the experts on this though. This watch is very nice and I only hope that the watch+box I got stuck in customs right now is as nice ( If I ever get it).

Subby is this a fraken? the Cgs are amazing!

@tonyp1

The rehaut is absolutly correct , please take also a look ont the Crown position between the cg

Edited by tassilo75

Well Ive been fooled... Could we get a shot of the rehaut from the side? ubiquitous needs to look at this.

If this is true its amazing because this watch is in his possession as he supplied every picture I ask for on demand IE closeups ect. Hes trying to pass a $12,000 gen off as a $300 rep :wounded1: that reverse psychology at its finest. Not to hijack this thread but I have a new infatuation I think this is real...

Edited by tonyp1

I agree. This looks gen. You can tell because the tops of the 3 & 9 subdials are the correct distance from the 10 & 2 index markers, and the DAYTONA font is correct. My rep, which is the closest version I have seen to the gen, differs from this one only in those two areas.

I do not know why this person is posting a gen watch as a rep unless he himself is unaware, which I would find hard to believe. But anything is possible.

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. This watch is in fact FAKE. I paid 900US plus 100 for shipping. I was told it was the best of the best. I have a real GEN two tone Daytona but couldn't justify paying such a high price for a watch I already own. So I decided to get a Rep. When I received it I honestly could not tell the difference between my gold Two tone and this fake SS one. Only tell tale is listening to the movement by placing the watches to my ear. The Fake is MUCH louder.... the real is smoother sounding and less audible.

I'm really happy with my purchase now... after all your comments saying that it's real. Now I can wear it to work and fool my business partners. =O)

Mister subby , please let us know where you have buy this watch. i think for this price we can all buy one of this pice !!

shipping cost from 100 Dollar is also very Cheap!!

Sorry But Dont tell us fairy tale :frog1:

If it is realy a rep we have a new dimension in the replica scene !!!!!!

And @ Ubi Know this is your part !!!!!

Here is a pic from a gen 116520 ;)

264022-4895.jpg

Edited by tassilo75

Ok, I rarely post here but this one got to me. If you say that this is a rep, then we all NEED to know its source. I was going to say it was a gen for sure for many reasons. Take a loook at the side shot, the bezel looks way thinner than the reps we are used to, not as conical looking. The dial print looks too good to be rep (even though the reps are getting closer), take a look at the crown logo, most reps are just now getting close to that, and you say you have had this watch a while? Do you know what it has for a movement? For the price you paid, I think you did good!! and don't worry about the scratches, it shows of a watch well enjoyed and adds to its character. THis might be a franken from an MBW-like source, but as many have said, we need to get the Daytona master, Ubiquitous, to look at this one for sure.

Edited by southcoast68

"we all NEED to know its source" I'm going to bet he either travels to the far east on business or he got it from one of two U.K. auction sites. Theres a gentlemen on there that only takes bank wires and his reps are $700/$2000. His stuff is impressive but I dont feel comfortable sending a bank wire.