When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gerald Genta Party Pics

eunomians

Yes indeed. Genta has had some very successful designs in his time... Very stately, unique and versatile styles which look just as good now as they did in the 70's (in my opinion). I have really come to love his creative uses of sharp, crisp edges contrasting to the traditional round curves; attention to the small details such as the surface transitions from polished to brushed finishes- sometimes in the most subtle of areas, i.e. the inside edges of the joining links of the Royal Oak bracelet, which is just but one example that demonstrates the amount of thought and consideration given in design.

The MBK Jumbos are well executed and the level of quality with these pieces is really quite impressive, especially considering the price. These could not have been cheap to produce, yet the factory manufacturing them has managed to turn out well crafted facsimilies with much of the same level of attention to the small details that the gens exhibit.

These are watches that I love to wear. I could stare at them all day long (in fact I typically find myself doing just that :wub: )...

BTW... Did I mention that my MBK Jumbo's have become my new swimming accessories? Both confirmed as 150m pool-proof...

Really? Wow! I should get my Jumbos checked out, too. I wouldn't swim with them, but hangin' out in humid Asia in the summertime makes me worry a bit.

Cheers

Umm... :wub::wub: ...

Really? Wow! I should get my Jumbos checked out, too. I wouldn't swim with them, but hangin' out in humid Asia in the summertime makes me worry a bit.

Yes indeed... I was doubting the Nautilus a bit, as there is no screw down crown, case construction with the bezel, etc. but it checked out fine, as did the RO. I was pleased to hear the news, as I frequently take my son swimming; I usually wear my franken-Sub for underwater activities, but now I have a few more watches to choose from :)

@eunomias

...is that my eye or do you have a slightly different datemag

on your 15202 jumbo :blink:

george

It's just the angle; although, I would like to have a bolder date font. I've been thinking about purchasing an ETA datewheel. In fact, I think I will soon.

Best regards :)

It's just the angle; although, I would like to have a bolder date font. I've been thinking about purchasing an ETA datewheel. In fact, I think I will soon.

Best regards :)

...ok compared to gen the numbers on datewheel must be more bold ...either the window little bit bigger

but i mean that your numbers are a little bit to "the left" slightly from the middle :brow:

One of my tripplet is non-eta and although the numbers (height and position) are

pretty the same as on my other 2 eta jumbos... thats why this made me curious.

But no "hairsplitting" comment sfrom me anylonger :)

Enjoy your beautiful rep collection!!

George

George, hairsplitting is encouraged, I split hairs a lot!

I am confused if my movement is an ETA or Asia. The Datewheel is pissing me off and I want to fix it.

Please have a look at my thread about this movement. I would appreciate it.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/What-is-this-movement-t33590.html

Cheers :D

Please have a look at my thread about this movement. I would appreciate it.

Hi there... beeing no watchsmith at all i would just doubtyour

movement beeing regular ETA.

Lets hope the markin "CN" doesnt stand for somethin like Chinese :bleh: lol

But anyway ask famous Mr.The Zigmeister cause i already asked

a german watchmaker i know and he said to me (by just lookin at a few pics

i sent) that one of my triplet has no regular eta 2836-2 but some other

copy he hasnt seen before...

Here are just 2 pics of them for you to get an idea about what

the mov. of my "closed" AP RO 15202ST jumbo looks like...

It was bought for me directly from the source in mbk stall

and was at least "paid" to be eta...

I paid about 200,-

My good friend's motto: "Quality Over Quantity"

Here are some Gerald Genta party pics for you!

Enjoy.

PS. Rolex, Pam, Breitling and Tag were not invited.

:wub:

Your my type of RWG nut :group: your taste is of the superior type

Nice to know there are people like you around

Happy timekeeping

Gunnar :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Gunnar Gran

• 8 months later...