When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sure wish I had found RWG about two weeks earlier

D

Hello to all. I'm new to the forum as of a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I found it doing research in response to being ripped off by a scam site. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I am one of the suckers that paid $895 for a so-called Grade 1 Swiss SS Daytona. When the subdials died on day 2, I returned it pursuant to the site's advertised 30-day money back guarantee, which I was subsequently informed is no longer company policy. So, now I don't even have a broken watch to show for my money and the guy will no longer answer my phone calls or e-mails. He just flat-out stole my money. I paid by credit card, so I may pursue a refund that way. Not sure, given the subject matter of the transaction. I could actually use some advice on that if anyone cares to chime in.

Anyway, I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across this site. I've picked up a ton of useful information in a short time and have also ordered a replacement GMT II from one of our recommended collectors. My plan is to stick around here and continue reading and learning (and shopping), so thanks in advance for all your help.

goirish18

P.S. In case you're wondering what the big "D" is about. It's my self-imposed mark of shame--the "Scarlet D" for Daytona, or better yet Dumba$$. ;)

D

Hello to all. I'm new to the forum as of a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I found it doing research in response to being ripped off by a scam site. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I am one of the suckers that paid $895 for a so-called Grade 1 Swiss SS Daytona. When the subdials died on day 2, I returned it pursuant to the site's advertised 30-day money back guarantee, which I was subsequently informed is no longer company policy. So, now I don't even have a broken watch to show for my money and the guy will no longer answer my phone calls or e-mails. He just flat-out stole my money. I paid by credit card, so I may pursue a refund that way. Not sure, given the subject matter of the transaction. I could actually use some advice on that if anyone cares to chime in.

Anyway, I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across this site. I've picked up a ton of useful information in a short time and have also ordered a replacement GMT II from one of our recommended collectors. My plan is to stick around here and continue reading and learning (and shopping), so thanks in advance for all your help.

goirish18

P.S. In case you're wondering what the big "D" is about. It's my self-imposed mark of shame--the "Scarlet D" for Daytona, or better yet Dumba$$. ;)

Hi! Welcome! This is the place to be!

We've all been there.....I was! Luckily, I turned around and became the scummer of the scum, and I have the goods to prove it!......long story! Did you call your credit card company yet......they usually are pretty helpfull these days. Is it Chase? They're pretty good. Maybe someone else in here with a similar experienced could help. Mine was easier koz I paid with personal check (one of those overnite delivery/pay with Cashiers Check/COD scum), the scummer sent it back and requested a Cashiers Check or Money Order, but by that time I know I had a been scummed (same watch as yours and another one which turn out to be ok, telling time wise).

Goodluck and keep us posted. Just chuck to experience....though could be an expensive one! Stick with the dealers here!

It doesn't matter what you bought the credit card company protects you. Don't mention that it was a replica just the purchase price and the fact it was a watch. Provide them with the tracking # of the return and their return policy. The policy applies to when the transaction was made, not what changed. The more preassure the credit card company puts on the processor the better chance of their processor dropping them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, and welcome (with a bit of delay),

I also started as a victim of a scam site, fortunately it was "only" for 150 bucks. At least I got something, but it was, as one would expect today, cr*ppy.

I claimed in the bank, and had to fill in a form, and that was it. I got my money back after one month.

Depending on where you live, most of the time you're insured against fraudulous transactions. Where I live, the banks are OBLIGED to give my money back if I bought without signature or secret code. I don't advise to claim every week, of course.

Then it's a matter between the buyer and the seller, and I have doubts your scammer will complain or sue you :lol:

And if you're lucky, which I think, noone will ever know what you bought, because the company names used for the transaction surely don't show any reference to reps. Just say you bought some computer things or, as previously advised, a watch (a Seiko, for example :lol:) and never got it : don't mention you got a broken one, just NO DELIVERY. Your scammer will surely NOT provide the tracking and all the things to whoever might investigate.