When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Moneybookers

HauteHippie

Maybe someone who has been using Moneybookers can help. I'm trying to set up a new account in order to participate in a certain group buy, and am finding that they want to impose a $335.10 USD per 60 day period upload limit on my account. I'm trying to use a credit card for this transaction (because I refuse to give them bank account info). Is this typical and is there any way around it? I need to upload slightly more than that to participate in this buy.

I'm a Moneybooker Member since a couple of month now.

I got the same issue.

I saw my CC upload limit increase and it's 1500 now.

I also use my bank account btw.

I think it's a matter of time.

The more you use MoneyBooker the more they trust you.

I've been using moneybookers for several years now and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I have to admit that I don't remeber how my credit limit looked when I signed up, but I only wish I had as much money as they allow me now. Anyway, why not get a current MB member to do the transaction for you and you can transfer the money to his PP account?

i think the moneybookers issues are more prevalent in the US for some reason.

@chieftang, be warned re: using your credit card & moneybookers -- it is likely that you will be charged "cash advance" type fees in connection with transfering money to your account. when i tried to link a credit card to my moneybookers account, my credit card companies rejected the request out of hand.

a quick plug for another (relatively) easy payment option: bank wire transfer. furthermore, washington mutual has free international bank wire transfers; i set up a small account just for those purposes (they have free checking with no minimum balance requirements).

deltatahoe

a quick plug for another (relatively) easy payment option: bank wire transfer. furthermore, washington mutual has free international bank wire transfers; i set up a small account just for those purposes (they have free checking with no minimum balance requirements).

deltatahoe

That's good to know. I've never done a wire transfer in my life but I do have a WAMU account so the free international transfers makes that an attractive option.

Thanks deltatahoe.

@chieftang, I'd say that what Admin suggested is a good route. Not like you're some noob on here that no one will trust. I'm sure some of the older members on this board would be cool with it.

i think the moneybookers issues are more prevalent in the US for some reason.

@chieftang, be warned re: using your credit card & moneybookers -- it is likely that you will be charged "cash advance" type fees in connection with transfering money to your account. when i tried to link a credit card to my moneybookers account, my credit card companies rejected the request out of hand.

deltatahoe

Hmmm, this is a great option. Thanks for that!! I think I will head to my local WAMU this afternoon.

I believe they may be related to internet gambling.

Yes, I'm sure it is related to Internet gambling.

Admin is right too, I wish I could spend the total limit I have in my MB account now.

It's 16k in total :whistling:?!

I use uploads from my european bank account, it takes a couple of days but is free (0,50