When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pretty sure I saw a rep PAM today

Drizznay

I was working today when a customer came in to browse our showroom. While talking to him I noticed his watch was a Panerai so I said to him, "nice watch, where'd you get it from?" he told me a story about a friend of his that was able to get a good deal on it and gave it to him as a gift. He proudly showed it to me and it was a model I had never seen before. The crown was pretty thin though and it was similar to a daylight but the dial printing clearly said "Luminor Panerai Regetta" on it and I know it wasn't a 168 cause the dial was black and the subdials were like a charcoal color. Also the main seconds hand was sweeping as opposed to the subdial seconds hand. I could be wrong about it but I'm pretty sure it was a rep. I didn't want to press the point as he was a potential client.

I almost asked him if he knew Jetmid but restrained myself! :lol:

I almost asked him if he knew Jetmid but restrained myself! :lol:

Jetmid couldn't have been in Leavenworth today, he had dinner with me after the Rep Collectors So Cal Lunch yesterday. He said the Lear needed some work, so he's still local...

Esmarc :pimp:

Since reps are illegal, I wouldn't expect anyone to offer to a stranger that their watch is a rep. It's not fair to dog a guy for passing a rep as a gen.

Hmmmm I tell people mine are reps, makes for better conversation about the quality of reps available. It's not illegal to own a rep (at least here in the US) only to sell 'em.

Hmmmm I tell people mine are reps, makes for better conversation about the quality of reps available. It's not illegal to own a rep (at least here in the US) only to sell 'em.

Was playing some cards last week. Fairly high stakes table with the locals, in the local haunt. Guy next to me sees my 196 and leans over says, wish I could have that badboy on my wrist. For the next hour or so between hands that we both had war against, I gave him the quiet low-down on reps and showed him the watch off the wrist. Totally blew him away. Needless to say, a new believer in how nice we have it.

Since reps are illegal, I wouldn't expect anyone to offer to a stranger that their watch is a rep. It's not fair to dog a guy for passing a rep as a gen.

If reps were illegal, 95% of the women of this planet would have been wearing pin stripes long ago. :lol:

Women have been flashing knock offs of all kinds since the beginning of time, at least it seems that way to me.

Jet