When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New babies: Rolex 1570 & VJ72

They are here... My Rolex 1570 movement for the MBW DRSD and my VJ72 for the DW Daytona Paul Newman. I see serious work ahead...

The 1570 movement has a 28,5 mm diameter and so does the MBW case... If I only knew how to release the stem I could try to fit it... Any tips...

267737-4313.jpg

267737-4314.jpg

267737-4315.jpg

If I only knew how to release the stem I could try to fit it... Any tips...

Follow the stem into the movement, the first screw you find that is next to the line of the stem, is the release set lever screw. This is the same on all movements, easy to remember, follow the stem line, and look for a small screw or pin and you will never go wrong...

Beautiful movements, you should get clear casebacks, seems to be a shame to hid the beautiful stuff.

RG

Beautiful movements, you should get clear casebacks, seems to be a shame to hid the beautiful stuff.

RG

The Zigmeister, I agree. I've always thought it somewhat strange that Rolex has never done a display back. I love the looks of 1030, 1520, 1560 and 1570. I need not mention that they are also supremely made.

Thanks all... the good news.... the movement fits straight into the MBW case... Seems like no milling is needed in theory... 28,5mm both... should be a very precise fit... Now I have to try with dial to see if there are no side obstaces and if the stem aligns... This weekend I take pics

They are here... My Rolex 1570 movement for the MBW DRSD and my VJ72 for the DW Daytona Paul Newman. I see serious work ahead...

The 1570 movement has a 28,5 mm diameter and so does the MBW case... If I only knew how to release the stem I could try to fit it... Any tips...

268425-4152.jpg

268425-4153.jpg

268425-4154.jpg

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Man, SUPEFRANKEN Projects....

It's these little details that shows the superior quality in Rolex movements. The ETA movements just have a button you depress to release the stem and that can get stuck very easily. Not much room for error here.

Exactly. Eta's should be left to experts.

That button, I pushed one once and never could put the crown back :wounded1:

Hmmm - I say it's more convenient with ETA's - common knowledge that one releases the stem with a pressing a pin. If done with the right screwdriver or the right experiences absolutely nothing can happen. And resettinga keyless work is damn easy - you can see it - many people that don't know much - watch related - do it with success.

Hmmm shall I try again :rolleyes:

Yeah, let's [censored] another one :Jumpy:

What kind of screwdriver should I use for a 2824/2836 Eta ?

That woud be a 1,2mm screwdriver... By the way resetting yur keyless is fun to do and very doable... I am no expert and did it last week...

Something else... I have time for the 1570 project tonight and I will take some pics. Lets see if the stem aligns.

Thanks KKS

Can't wait to see the pics.

Cheers

Stephane

Gorgeous movements! A display back would be something else.

I can't wait to hear details on the installation. I've thought about doing this to my 1665 but didn't know it was possible and perhaps it is.

Best of luck with the super franken project and please keep us informed. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My understanding is the crown on an ETA/MBw sits off-center in the case when viewed from the side. I suspect it will take a bit of milling to get the 1570 stem to align to the movement.

Let us know how this works out! Wow!!!

The odd thing is, my MBW 1665 has the crown perfectly centered where my MBW 1680 has the crown too low

sorry for being going off topic but here is a gen 16520 with a custom skeleton back ... it would be cool if this was Rolex option...

268757-4080.jpg

i too am looking foward to the end results with the 1570 ... keep us posted ...