When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help with watch id, gavin newsome at SF pride...

longshot

i went to pride yesterday with a bunch of friends, had a great time and caught a pic of gavin newsome not wearing one of his pams. i've seen pics of him wearing at least two different pams but could not figure out what he was wearing yesterday?? of course we had started on the tequila at noon, so sorry for the poor quality pic :whistling:

269738-3825.jpg

269738-3826.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Who is Gavin Newsome...?

2.What is 'pride'..?

1. gavin newsome is the somewhat rock star mayor of san francisco.

2. "pride" is the annual gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/whatever parade-party-weekend-festival-craziness.

Ahh.....I see....a minor political figure.......and the annual dung punchers and rug munchers march......!

Question # 3. Where is the pride in it.....?

Bulgari.......Polari.......what's the diff....?

Edited by TTK

1. gavin newsome is the somewhat rock star mayor of san francisco.

2. "pride" is the annual gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/whatever parade-party-weekend-festival-craziness.

A) If I hear the term "rockstar" one more time this year, in relation to a politician, I think I will scream. Let's never forget Paul Begala's dictum that "politics is showbiz for ugly people".

B) In Portuguese, they have a term for such folk that I find hilarious. "GLS". Gays, Lesbians and Sympathisers.

Sympathisers! Love it.

A) If I hear the term "rockstar" one more time this year, in relation to a politician, I think I will scream. Let's never forget Paul Begala's dictum that "politics is showbiz for ugly people".

B) In Portuguese, they have a term for such folk that I find hilarious. "GLS". Gays, Lesbians and Sympathisers.

Sympathisers! Love it.

i posted that pic because i was curious about the watch and did not get close enough to see it.

i really expected a more cosmopolitan and adult reaction on this forum.

i suppose i am a sympathizer. my sister is gay. i have a large number of friends who are gay and lesbian. they cover the whole spectrum from successful writers and musicians to two marine biologists to attorneys to co-workers and employees at local cafes and restaurants.

what i don't have are friends who are narrow minded uneducated homophobic bigots...

i posted that pic because i was curious about the watch and did not get close enough to see it.

i suppose i am a sympathizer. my sister is gay. i have a large number of friends who are gay and lesbian. they cover the whole spectrum from successful writers and musicians to two marine biologists to attorneys to co-workers and employees at local cafes and restaurants.

what i don't have are friends who are narrow minded uneducated homophobic bigots...

All politics aside, I think that it was just a bit obscure mentioning a local "celebrity" politician and fringe group (using abbreviations) in an international forum. How many of those in UK or elsewhere have ever heard of "Pride"? Perhaps because this pride event is close to you in proximity and emotionally (your sister), maybe it's a foregone conclusion that everyone understands what you're talking about.

Back to the regularly scheduled program: don't know what kind of watch he's wearing, but I think he should put his PAMs back on!

All politics aside, I think that it was just a bit obscure mentioning a local "celebrity" politician and fringe group (using abbreviations) in an international forum. How many of those in UK or elsewhere have ever heard of "Pride"? Perhaps because this Perhaps because this pride event is close to you in proximity and emotionally (your sister), maybe it's a foregone conclusion that everyone understands what you're talking about.

Back to the regularly scheduled program: don't know what kind of watch he's wearing, but I think he should put his PAMs back on!

of perhaps you are a closed minded bigot?

hmmmmmmmmm, "fringe group"? do you live in a cave with the other homophobes and football hooligans?

or you don't read newspapers or watch television?

lets look at some attendance figures for some pride parades this year:

Rio, Sao Paulo: 2,500,000

Chicago: 400,000

Rome: 100,000

Toronto: 400.000

San Francisco: 60,000

Berlin: 500,000

London: 250,000

Sydney: 65,000

here is a list of some of the almost 200 cities where events will be held this year:

http://www.interpride.org/12/default.aspx?c=12

yup, you really have to be a "sympathizer" or deep into gay and lesbian culture to know this is all happening. they do such a good job of keeping it a secret :bangin:

I know that London holds the EURO PRIDE parade. They had a huge parade in 2006, blocked off the entire city and down town square where the art museum is located. They had about 1000 drag queens, and people from all over the world. I think it is a yearly event becuase I use to go to London monthly and I saw it going on in 2004, 2005, and 2006. They also have a free concert going on with some good bands. It was funny becuase I had my parents and in-laws from the states over and I was showing them around London. They are ultra-concervative and it was a bit of a shock for them to see so many drag-queens everywhere in full costume. I found out from my wifes friend that London England is home to the largest gay club in the world called G-A-Y. I did a little internet search and I found that Britian is the must visit gay place to visit in 2006. Living in Enlgand for 4 years I kind of figured that by the culture. I am not gay and do not have gay friends or hang out in the gay community but if you get out of the house often like I do you are sure to run into a PRIDE parade once in your life.

Here

I have gay friends, as a musician it's unavoidable not too, however I have argued (successfully too mind you) (1) Why they need to have these parades in the first place and (2) As Neil stated, where's the Pride in it?

Ken

My dear longshot, you targetted the wrong person. There was someone else who called people like your sister rug munchers was it? That wasn't the case with me. I pointed out a linguistic term used in another language, which I personally find arch.

I speak 6 languages. I've lived everywhere around this wonderful earth. And believe it or not, I've met one or two people who would happily be as either gay, lesbian, or a sympathiser.

So take that sniffy attitude of yours, and kindly direct it at someone who deserves it.

P.S.: Only an absolutely naive person would come to a forum FILLED with men talking about macho Panerais, and testosterone-jumping Breitlings, and expect NOT to have slight homophobic reaction to your topic. My God, it would be like me complaining about every reference to a pretty girl's bod done on this forum, as sexist.

That's stupid.

My dear longshot, you targetted the wrong person. There was someone else who called people like your sister rug munchers was it? That wasn't the case with me. I pointed out a linguistic term used in another language, which I personally find arch.

I speak 6 languages. I've lived everywhere around this wonderful earth. And believe it or not, I've met one or two people who would happily be as either gay, lesbian, or a sympathiser.

So take that sniffy attitude of yours, and kindly direct it at someone who deserves it.

P.S.: Only an absolutely naive person would come to a forum FILLED with men talking about macho Panerais, and testosterone-jumping Breitlings, and expect NOT to have slight homophobic reaction to your topic. My God, it would be like me complaining about every reference to a pretty girl's bod done on this forum, as sexist.

That's stupid.

how about you put your money where your mouth is and become a paid member of this board, and not a leech mooching off those of us who do?

and no i do not expect homophobia here. or racism.

if you do, maybe you should find a different forum?

we almost certainly have gay members here. i would no more use an offensive reference towards them (carpet muncher?) them than i would asian members or any other members.

how about you put your money where your mouth is and become a paid member of this board, and not a leech mooching off those of us who do?

This is a beyond crass and may I say, baffling, reply.

It's the equivalent of flashing your wallet at a homeless person, and telling to get out of sight, they smell. If you'll excuse me, I don't deal with people of your calibre. Kindly avoid me in future.

This is a beyond crass and may I say, baffling, reply.

It's the equivalent of flashing your wallet at a homeless person, and telling to get out of sight, they smell. If you'll excuse me, I don't deal with people of your calibre. Kindly avoid me in future.

who do you think pays for the servers and bandwidth used here?

the watch gnomes?

get a clue...

How many of those in UK or elsewhere have ever heard of "Pride"?

I'm a heterosexual in the UK and I'd heard of it.

ps. I don't like the direction this thread is going. We've got gay members here that are feeling as ostracised as the women on RWI.

I think vbarrett having only joined in the last week should be allowed more time to decide if he wishes to subscribe to our forum, I seriously doubt any of us contributed within our first week.

Ken

269845-3796.jpg

Of all the high-end luxury wristwatches available to the well-healed and/or self indulgent gay man the Cartier Santos stands out. Gay men seem drawn to its design in disproportionate numbers. You

I think vbarrett having only joined in the last week should be allowed more time to decide if he wishes to subscribe to our forum, I seriously doubt any of us contributed within our first week.

Ken

That's very gracious of you to say, Ken, considering this thread has descended into something none of us like.

Of course I will become a VIP member, if I should use this forum as much as I have this past week (having discovered it then). But the reference in direct response to what we were saying previously was not only baffling, as I said, but seemed to be viscerally snobbish.

Misdirected, frustrated anger does that to people, but I won't stand for it personally, and wouldn't like to see anyone else get such a cheap weird shot directed at them, in future.

How many of those in UK or elsewhere have ever heard of "Pride"?

They have the EURO PRIDE parade in London every year, same event. they shut the majority of the streets down in the center of London. You must not get out much. I am not from the UK and I have seen it a few times by coincidence. If you have a TV and watch it, they brodcast it on the BBC. They advertise on the radio as well. You must not have a car either.

That's stupid.

This cracks me up, even though I don't think you meant anything by it. Some of the nicest and most masculine watches I have seen have been on the wrists of gay men. I would venture a guess that there are members here, even paying ones, that are homosexual. Then again, maybe we don't. I don't see many woman here perhaps due to the same type of reactions.

P.S. Newsom attracted a large amount of attention across the US and other countries when he challenged the Feds by allowing gay marriage in San Francisco. Love him or hate him he is politically noteworthy, at least in the the US.

Cheers!