When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage gold genuine Rolex

Nanuq

Some of you heard of my quest over the last year to find "the" watch for Ms. Nanuq. I've been scouring and looking, and I finally found it... a 67 year old solid gold Rolex with gold bracelet. It's a lovely little rectangular case, the dial has been refinished in porcelain, and the gold numerals reinstalled. It has a chronometer grade movement (with MICROSTELLA balance) and it keeps perfect time, as near as I can tell.

A couple days ago was my birthday (thanks again gents!) so it was the perfect time to give it to her. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just said I'd been looking awhile and finally found it... it was supposed to be here for Easter and it was delayed... etc. I slipped it on her wrist and she LOVED it.

:wub:

That's all I'd hoped for... she is so thrilled with it, it's just a wonderful thing. She simply adores the little beauty. I'm so happy with how this came out!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

What a smoothie!

My wife's getting tickets to see George Michael in concert for her birthday. They are worth 10 times their weight in gold at the moment, but it still ain't a patch on that beauty!

Rico - I'm sure he'd do you a nice discount if you agreed to meet him in the Mens Room at the SECC!

JTB

@Gran

Hvor er den sa? "Hun er verd henne vekt inne gullet" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Either youre drunk Bob or your Norwegian is going down the drain and out at sea.....you just wrote "Where it said? She is worth her weight inside the gold"..but I understand she is worth her weight in gold and i hope she is not the skinny type considering the gold prices these days :winkiss: