When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wristcheck

hambone

You seem to love those new toys Ubi. Really nice they are (says Yoda). :)

It's Thursday morning here and I'm going with this classic rep (recycling the old wrist shots again).

271950-3406.jpg

271950-3407.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

The Flytimer

The what??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

The -=FLYTIMER=-

271985-3404.jpg

The watch James Bond should be wearing (imagine pulling back the sleeve of your white tux to reveal this).

This watch was acquired for its Valjoux calibre, which I intended to use as a donor movement to power my Newman 6241 project watch. But a funny thing happened when I opened the package today -- something clicked & I fell in love with this watch. Like hearing the Beatles playing on your home stereo for the first time after listening and liking them on the radio. From the distance of the airwaves, they were a great little band. But, 'live', in my home, they were........well, the bloody f'ing Beatles, man! And it was like that with the Flytimer. A great little parts watch when viewed on the Web, but a bloody f'ing cool chronometer (that looks alot like a pre-Daytona, only cooler) when it's ticking (at a leisurely 18k or so) on your wrist.

Here is a shot of the Fly's nearly pristine tri-compax ticker (the photo does not do it justice -- this thing literally gleams)

271985-3405.jpg

So now I am not sure what the Flytimer's fate will ultimately be. But, in the meantime, it is steadily ticking away the seconds, minutes & hours on my wrist whilst I put it through its paces to check its accuracy (which, so far, is close enough for government work).

(The small red mark on my wrist adjacent to the crown is not from the Flytimer.)

Euno -- Thanks for your input and I know what you mean. I have had those feelings after turning other, lesser working watches into cases of component parts for another love that later faded. But the Newman, for me, is, has always been, and will continue to be THE grail watch. I know that some people are more immune to its wiley ways, but not me. I am totally smitten. So the project watch will definitely need to get a good Valjoux heartbeat. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to collect and stockpile Valjouxs (especially at the risk of falling in love with another donor), but this has definitely turned into a difficult conundrum.

@ freddy333, that Flytimer is a great looking watch. I don't recall seeing anything quite like it. You should follow your instinct and keep it.

one of my fav's for this whole week...i left the other reps at home, so this one stays from monday untill friday evening...I love it!

http://upload9.postimage.org/25898_bf60466...95/DSC02024.jpg

don't know why it didn't wanted to appear when posted as image...it worked from my laptop when posted at work...from another comp from home i could not see it...

Edited by dadog13

A little support to the Scuderia!

They need it in 2007 :black_eye::thumbdown:

Hi Stephane,

what about a racing strap on this beautiful Ferrari ? :victory:

Whatever they lost in competition, I still prefer a Ferrari watch to a Honda or Peugeot one... The sex-appeal is very different. :animal_rooster:

272797-3253.jpg

Sorry for the lame PS composition. Ferrari watch pic borrowed from TTime... -_-