When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

By-Tor

I went to a few genuine watch groups today, just to lurk around. I found out that quite a few people are posting pictures of replicas to the genuine watch groups... even comparison shots... and "educating" the WIS how well the new Planet Ocean and Submariner has been replicated.

Apparently these people are RWG members.

What the hell do you think you'll achieve with that? Do you think those guys are idiots? They are well aware of the high end replicas (and I'm sure many of them are members here). You're not doing favours to anyone when you post your fake pictures there. You draw unwanted attention to the whole replica scene and on top of that embarrass yourself.

I agree <_<

You're not doing favours to your fellow RWG members when you post your fake pictures "there" :secret:

g. :cc_detective:

sort of the same as if you'd be like "hey, look how nice this FAKE ID is... it even has holos, UV print and all that!! I used it at the airport the other day and it passed!!!" on an FBI forum :)

Exactly. Going to a police station with a joint was a good comparison too.

Here, now I have been somehow involved by some idiot who stole my pics!!! :blowup:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353390/thre...04+H+Series.....

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3252

Solution to stolen pictures ... and not that i like it, but put a watermark on the main part of the picture. eg. FAKE PANERAI in big letters will definitely prevent it being re-used to sell on another site.

This is the sort of thing that happens because we are open to anyone with a free e-mail address.

Most never post, only lurk, plot and amuse themselves.. I for one wish that everyone would become

vip so we could put blinds on the windows.

I know I am going to start offering my trades to those that have made a commitment to our community.

By the way how to you compare Richard Lawton's work with this happenstance ?

I'm new to this scene, but couldn't agree more with all of you. When I read through the forums for the first time, I was to some extent surprised by the lack of basic common sense and understanding / ability on how to behave in a somewhat 'sensitive' environment. At least to my knowledge and understanding, this is a 'business' where all participants should have an interest to keep a low profile, and make as little noise as possible.

I realise that people are different; some only have to provoke others in order to make themselves interesting and get acceptance, others get their drive by other means. People who for instance visits an AD to show and discuss their replica is in my opinion not genuine interested in replicas, nor genuine watches. I know I will provoke some people with this statement, but I think I can stand for it.

As mentioned, I think all of us have an interest in keeping a low profile, and I want to briefly explain why I do think so:

For many years I held a position in the regional management of a leading global company within the consumer business, representing a very strong brand name. In some parts of the business, mainly spare parts and accessories, copy and replica products were offered from various suppliers. We didn't only know it; by various intelligence methods we even had a very good overview and insight into their structure, financials, volumes, marketing and price structure a.s.o. – you simply can't imagine all the different ways we gathered all this information, and who provided it (the saying that 'don't trust anyone' is true). So, what did we do about it? Nothing, unless there was a risk that their activity could harm our business, and how could it do that? Simply by making noise and by that decrease either our brand preference and/or the AD's loyalty by questioning the uniqueness of our products. In other words, the moment your AD's starts to report via your sales force that he feels there is a problem with respect to alternative products, the situation requires and forces you to act, and at this point realities is of secondary interest. If someone feels it's a problem, it is, simple as that. As a colleague once put it, 'we'll load half a plane with lawyers and visit them, that will put them (the copy makers) out of business for a while'.

I don't think this will happen here, the brand names are much stronger and unique. However one should never, never give them, or even more important – the press, any reason to find this activity interesting. Keep it in the family. And one last thing – never think that the dealer is the one that will bleed first, if the authorities gets interested they will come after YOU as well to statue examples, ref. a fine of EUR 8.000 for buying a pair of replica sunglasses in europe last summer....

noobie Jens

I have to admit, there is nothing like a good RWG family! :) Makes me proud to be part of the community!

Regarding the issue, I have to admit that what those newbs did was pretty lame.. oh well I dont have a lot of insight on the details, but I just hope those idiots stay away from here..

Take care,

Your Viennawatch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Vienna! Nice to see you here!

Always a master in drawing / painting? Always two- or three- headed about your studies?

How many times this needs to be said? Blame it to low IQ, some people just walked up very late when God was giving away intelligence... We should have some forum rules on this silly behaviour, not representing reps as gen, as conditions for membership, who gets nailed, gets banned, something of that sort. I suppose without Nais nobody will try to represent gen as rep, so we don't need to think of that problem any more <_<

How many times this needs to be said? Blame it to low IQ, some people just walked up very late when God was giving away intelligence... We should have some forum rules on this silly behaviour, not representing reps as gen, as conditions for membership, who gets nailed, gets banned, something of that sort. I suppose without Nais nobody will try to represent gen as rep, so we don't need to think of that problem any more <_<

Posting reps on gen forums is so horrifying on so many levels it boggles the mind. That being said, it's important to out these people for two reasons. 1) To protect us as a group for the reasons already posted and 2) to protect individuals here. I've spent enough time (lurking) on gen forums to not be the least bit surprised if it turned out that some anti-rep zealot from over there has registered an RWG handle on a gen forum, posted some RWG pics, and started causing trouble. there would be ways to investigate and verify this, right?

I vote for outing these people and giving them the chance to confirm or deny. If they confirm, warn them and let bygones be bygones. If they deny--find out if they are telling the truth. If they are not, ban them. if they are the victim of a provocateur...well we have vays of dealink with provocateurs....

Vienna! Nice to see you here!

Always a master in drawing / painting? Always two- or three- headed about your studies?

Hey sssurfer!! Nice to see you again! Ya I am still that drawer I used to be, wasn't too long ago though, haha, in fact I did one lately for a Thai friend of mine. Was her bday, handed it to her when i was in Bangkok, but shhhh I actually came to have a holiday and get some reps. haha..

Oh considering studies.. I think I'm gonna work for a little longer and do my MBA in a couple of years.. 2 or 3 years... I currently looking to get a job in Singapore, got a few hits.. still deciding when I should go...

Good to see you here!

Viennawatch

Hey sssurfer!! Nice to see you again! Ya I am still that drawer I used to be, wasn't too long ago though, haha, in fact I did one lately for a Thai friend of mine. Was her bday, handed it to her when i was in Bangkok, but shhhh I actually came to have a holiday and get some reps. haha..

Oh considering studies.. I think I'm gonna work for a little longer and do my MBA in a couple of years.. 2 or 3 years... I currently looking to get a job in Singapore, got a few hits.. still deciding when I should go...

Good to see you here!

Viennawatch

Well, best wishes for your job, your transfer to the East, your drawings, watches, studies, and all. :)

Just don't let too much time pass without lurking here again.