When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Addiction

gridlock1983

I've just ordered my chronomat evo and am awaiting my Omega sub terra to add to my steelfish that I got last week. Does everybody else find it this addictive?

Is there a supprt group? should we start one?

Being serious though, who else finds it to be a buzz like I do. How often do you guys buy new ones? Is it more a wait for a beautiful peice to come out or is it a collecting thing whereby you look for ones of certain brands

I've noticed a lot of people seem to buy more than one PAM

I've noticed a lot of people seem to buy more than one PAM

whatever you do, don't buy one of those ugly hockey pucks. because if you do, pretty soon you will have 8 pams, at least 16 straps and several trips to ziggy for mods :o

panerai.....bet you can't buy just one.

deltatahoe

and you need a doctor at your hand, he brings you over the street, an you need a yellow armlet with 8 black points, like we all.

the sickness, it will never end.

rolli

whatever you do, don't buy one of those ugly hockey pucks. because if you do, pretty soon you will have 8 pams, at least 16 straps and several trips to ziggy for mods :o

deltatahoe

I thought this forum was just one big support group...

:lol:

This forum is more of an enabler than a support group.

In my opinion any way. I mean, how many times have you seen a wrist shot or purchase review and thought "That's a nice watch. I should get that." I rest my case. :whistling:

whatever you do, don't buy one of those ugly hockey pucks. because if you do, pretty soon you will have 8 pams, at least 16 straps and several trips to The Zigmeister for mods :o

deltatahoe

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I bet that that does not happen to me.

Quite frankly, I always wonder why people end up buying the "same watch". Many of the PAMs I see appear to just be subtle variations of the same. Some are more different than others in terms of having a date mag or being a chrono or Ti instead of SS, etc. but more or less they look pretty similar in style.

I like the base PAMs the best from all the pics I've seen (only ever saw a Radiomir in person) and I have a fully-modded 112H on the way (or delivered already; as I'm away again) so I guess I'll soon discover if I have to choke on my words. To me, the beauty of Panerai is the large variety of straps out there and how easy it appears to be to totally change the look of the watch based on what strap you put on it.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I bet that that does not happen to me.

Quite frankly, I always wonder why people end up buying the "same watch". Many of the PAMs I see appear to just be subtle variations of the same. Some are more different than others in terms of having a date mag or being a chrono or Ti instead of SS, etc. but more or less they look pretty similar in style.

I like the base PAMs the best from all the pics I've seen (only ever saw a Radiomir in person) and I have a fully-modded 112H on the way (or delivered already; as I'm away again) so I guess I'll soon discover if I have to choke on my words. To me, the beauty of Panerai is the large variety of straps out there and how easy it appears to be to totally change the look of the watch based on what strap you put on it.

consider yourself warned. don't get mad at me when i say "i told you so" :lol:

deltatahoe

I will allow you that pleasure. heh, like I said, I may have to eat my words.

Great collection in that you posted. You have some really great straps to go with your watches.

If you ever decide to sell that BCE, I'd be interested. I'm upset that I read they no longer make the white dial and that's the one I want. Will have to settle for the TT white/gold if not. :(

Great collection in that you posted. You have some really great straps to go with your watches.

If you ever decide to sell that BCE, I'd be interested. I'm upset that I read they no longer make the white dial and that's the one I want. Will have to settle for the TT white/gold if not. :(

thanks re: the collection/strap compliments....i need to update my thread....i've added quite a few watches since i last updated it :o

wow -- i hadn't heard that re: the white dial bce :blink: it is the classiest version of the bce imho -- i can't believe they wouldn't make more dials...

deltatahoe

Sorry to go further OT in this thread but I have read that several times now regarding the white BCE. Don't know how true that is but have seen it mentioned perhaps 3 times by different individuals; including someone who bought a TT because the dealer told him no white available. My heart is broken. :(

Quite frankly, I always wonder why people end up buying the "same watch". Many of the PAMs I see appear to just be subtle variations of the same.

'Subtle variations' is not the same as 'the same'. I actually bought three 027, two 104, two brown dial 203, and two black dial 203.

(Naturally I also got a 028, a 050, a 090, a 124, a 147, a 183, and I'm heading up to a 212 -- just to name the PAMs).

As the ex-owner of more than 10 Rolex Submariner/Seadweller reps I can confirm you have to get deeper into the madness before you come out the other side.........I worked out I'd spent more on buying and modding my collection than the real thing..... :bangin:

.......but by great caesar's ghost I had a good time doing it.

As the ex-owner of more than 10 Rolex Submariner/Seadweller reps I can confirm you have to get deeper into the madness before you come out the other side.........I worked out I'd spent more on buying and modding my collection than the real thing..... :bangin:

.......but by great caesar's ghost I had a good time doing it.

exactly :D

collecting reps is FUN -- that's one of the things that helps me justify the ongoing expense -- it's not just about the watches. i really enjoy myself while learning about watches and interacting in this great community.

deltatahoe

exactly :D

collecting reps is FUN -- that's one of the things that helps me justify the ongoing expense -- it's not just about the watches. i really enjoy myself while learning about watches and interacting in this great community.

deltatahoe

I'd like to nominate Febus' "but by great caesar's ghost" as Best One-liner of the Week.

whatever you do, don't buy one of those ugly hockey pucks. because if you do, pretty soon you will have 8 pams, at least 16 straps and several trips to The Zigmeister for mods :o

deltatahoe

They're like potato chips/crisps. You just can't have one! It's ungodly.

There's good news about my personal addiction.

Due to all these frustrated wranglings, and the

Dude, I've bought 14 watches in 3 weeks (and 13 straps...). Welcome to my pain.

this is definitely a record...and your post count is a record as well (women-love to talk so we understand! HA-ha... :bicycle: :bicycle: )...keep on collecitng!

this is definitely a record...and your post count is a record as well (women-love to talk so we understand! HA-ha... :bicycle: :bicycle: )...keep on collecitng!

I am reliably informed by Master Kenberg that this is not a record. If that is true, chances are there is some male member who is even chattier than I, at an even more alarming rate of posting. :animal_rooster:

I have a question though.

When is a newbie not a newbie anymore, in your opinions?

I mean, I feel like I mention this status of mine every darned post here, and I'm sure this is wearing thin on some members' patience. In terms of timeline (I joined 17 June), I'm obviously new to the game, but I have condensed maybe a year's worth of experience in less than a month -- by sheer volume of purchases.

So is newbieness a state of being, or a state of acting?

Maybe, like Dante's Purgatory, there is a middle level I can wait in. :g:

Bugger.

I've ordered another one.

And I was doing so well......

It was a present for the girlfriend or a new rep......... then i realised, she has the gift of my company every day so why get her anything else. She'll only expect more from me.

Breitling it is then