When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My collection after one year of RWG

Timepiece

This is my story of what happened after I saw a friend wearing a gen Chopard Mille Miglia and stumbled on the RWG forum looking for a nice deal on such a watch.

I found this Walhalla of watches I always dreamed of owning...

My first order was almost a drama though. My Omega SMP Bond ETA ordered from Trusty got lost in the mail and two other watches arrived with defects. Andrew made it all come to a happy end by sending me another SMP, repairing a defect and shipping a new watch.

When I thought I wanted to sell the SMP last year I found out that it has some much sought after qualities: correct HE-valve position, bracelet with pieced links and after a relume by Palpatine it became one of my favourites. An AR treatment could make it perfect for me. I wear it preferrably with a casual jeans outfit.

279856-1145.jpg

279856-1146.jpg

When selling my IWC Pilot UTC from the first order on RWG I made a deal with another member and ended up what I wanted in the first place: a Chopard Mille Miglia. It has more sentimental then other value to me and it is my favourite watch for summer holidays. The Asia movement is accurate but chronos don't work, seconds hand is unstoppable etc.

I do own a gen dial, but I have no shop or contacts around the corner to swap that in.

279856-1147.jpg

279856-1148.jpg

My next watch is a classic that needs no introduction. My first ETA version of it was previously owned by Dutchy. After I got over my Rolxx hesitation I was helped by a RWG member to determine which one I should order. It is again by Trusty, has crisp white characters, nice rehaut and good CG's and curves. I only sanded the edges of the bracelet a bit to make it feel more like a gen. The deep black of the dial still fascinates me and it's a watch that I wear both casual and dressy.

279856-1149.jpg

279856-1150.jpg

Next is my most comfortable to wear watch with ETA quality: a TAG Heuer Link GMT from Joshua. It just slides smoothly under any shirt or sweater and goes with everything. It is my favourite daily beater.

279856-1151.jpg

279856-1152.jpg

Now it was time for a more dressy watch with leather strap. I could not resist the IWC Portuguese with the pleasing noisy rotor movement. I swapped the OEM strap for a genuine black alligator.

279856-1153.jpg

279856-1154.jpg

My latest treasure is a Breitling Steelfish Superocean with white dial. Iwear it on a black rubber Breitling strap (from ebay). I purchased it from Precious Time with the camel leather strap. It is a super strap, but not my colour. So if you

Edited by Timepiece

Wow, what a great collection, and variety.

I must comment on the picture and presentation, very well done, excellent photo's.

Enjoy your great watches, and congrats.

RG

THANXX The Zigmeister. I'm just inspired by you (and Pug, Thor, Rolli, etc ...) VIP members

...and my new home made soft lighting tent and Canon 30D SLR helped a lot!

Next time I will try other orientations than head-on. Darn, I need a clear plastic watch stand... Any home made tips?

Fantastic, very nice presentation, great taste in watches, like all us Dutch guys right? (Oh god.....I sense a joke by Pugsy, Ubi, Nanuq, TT, kenberg or cornerstone coming on....)

Once again, great stuff. I just ordered the TT Evo with blue dial and have a gen brown strap from my friend Rolexman and then I will order a Steelfish for which I have a gen blue DiverPro!!!

Fantastic, very nice presentation, great taste in watches, like all us Dutch guys right? (Oh god.....I sense a joke by Pugsy, Ubi, Nanuq, TT, kenberg or cornerstone coming on....)

Once again, great stuff. I just ordered the TT Evo with blue dial and have a gen brown strap from my friend Rolexman and then I will order a Steelfish for which I have a gen blue DiverPro!!!

Thanks Dutchy, it has all been a Dutch treat I guess... on myself... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So you're into the blue stuff now?! Well it's like my slogan: some reps are just great in blue.

Or now I come to think of it... maybe collecting watches is more like getting married: something old (vintage), something new and something blue... :black_eye:

Congrats on the gen parts! Please post your pics of any of the Breits on a brown strap. I'm all druelling over the Andreas Sports Breit straps on the Sirtoli site.

Thanks Dutchy, it has all been a Dutch treat I guess... on myself... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So you're into the blue stuff now?! Well it's like my slogan: some reps are just great in blue.

Or now I come to think of it... maybe collecting watches is more like getting married: something old (vintage), something new and something blue... :black_eye:

Congrats on the gen parts! Please post your pics of any of the Breits on a brown strap. I'm all druelling over the Andreas Sports Breit straps on the Sirtoli site.

LOL, will do my friend :)

• 1 year later...