When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AWAY THE LADS!!!!!

Edge

Excellent 4-0 defeat by Sevilla, showing tactical acumen at the highest level. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Rubbing my hands....

Yes I thought so to. Very naive tactics. I feel that England (after the World Cup) are about to enter a dark period in their football history.

JTB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that England (after the World Cup) are about to enter a dark period in their football history.

Scotland are years ahead yet again! Been bleak down Hampden way for quite a while now :lol::lol::lol:

More seriously, I think McLaren is slightly in awe of European tactics (as has been the British vogue for quite a while now, getting foreign managers etc) and tries to mimic them....badly. Then he resorts to pub team tactics when it all goes wrong. If there's one place you are going to get ripped apart at the back by just hoofing the ball up the pitch it's international football. I think Craig Brown at least understood that much.

I feel that England (after the World Cup) are about to enter a dark period in their football history.

JTB

Shame Eh?........................ :bleh:

Steve McLaren is an inspired......................second choice by the FA! :whistling:

JTB

BTW he is now 4th choice.......we want Arsene Wenger......"NON!"...........we want Jose Mourinho............"F**K O**!"................we want Scolari.................."yes!"......enter the journo's..........."Fu*k O**, and Die"..............................we WILL TAKE Steve Mclaren..........."Aye awrite lads, thanks very much".............

On a more serious note I REALLY HOPE that Rooney makes the World Cup, so that England have NO excuses for getting Hosed. He is completely overrated and I look forward to the fall from grace, hahahahaha! grace lol.

I am no doubt sure that no matter whether Rooney is there or not there will be a Plethora of excuses why England DON'T win the world cup:

It was in Germany!

We have just finshed a Long Season!

We forgot to Play ALL of our Game at Wembley!

We haven't arranged a friendly with Scotland next year so they can beat us!

the German's Cheated!

Those referees Cheated!

The TEAMS that beat us Cheated!

The Lager Swilling AR*SEH**ES, weren't allowed into the country, so we had NO SUPPORTERS!

You know the usual ones, :whistling: ........ :bleh:

ENG:

"He was offside!"

Ref:

"HE was in his own half"

Eng:

"No he wasn't.......oh you're such a cheat.......oh you are gonna cost us this world cup..........oh there's alway something stops us winning"

Ref:

"F**K O** You Dirty English Losers, stop dwelling on '66 when you CHEATED anyway"

I dunno.............maybe its because I don't put salt on my porridge or it could be the fact that I wont drink warm beer...........but I haven't got a bloody clue what you guy's are babbling on about :blink:

Unless what you are saying is.............Scots rule 'Och Aye' :bleh:

Ken

STOP PRESS: Scotland score five goals. Not in a single year....in one game!

To paraphrase Sir Alex: "Bloody hell, eh?"

Strange days......

Anyway, actually wondering if Edge was going to be heading down Hampden way for the Scottish Cup Final. Obviously the neutrals all want Gretna to win, must be annoying to be a non-Old Firm team getting to the final and be treated like they own the place!

Should be a great day of football - Scotland triumphing in the Kirin Cup (ooh, love that Kirin beer. Did you know Japan has beer vending machines on the streets? Heaven! I'll tell you...those vending machines wouldn't last five minutes in Craigmiller. They wouldn't last five minutes in Morningside!). The Scottish Cup Final. And, oh, should be some 'proper' football down in Cardiff. Enjoy!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What?? Are we playing an Aussie Rules game in Cardiff????

:lol: Ah, Cardiff, that hotbed of Aussie Rules....

Intriguingly, the English FA Cup final is only being played in Cardiff because the English FA paid the Aussies (Multiplex) a billion dollars to build the new Wembley....and they haven't quite got around to it yet. But it's on their 'to do' list..... :lol:

Probably shows how silly the Poms could be, getting Multiplex to do anything.

Their history of completion here is so appalling that they have had to go O/S for work- won't get too much more here.

When's the next FA cup final?

@jtb,

Gee- I'll trade my mod hat for a month to win that prize!

offshore

Probably shows how silly the Poms could be, getting Multiplex to do anything.

Their history of completion here is so appalling that they have had to go O/S for work- won't get too much more here.

When's the next FA cup final?

I think they hired Multiplex because they had done such an 'amazing' job with Stadium Australia(!)....slightly overlooking the years of continuous grief and f*$k ups in the run up to Sydney 2000! I guess they never got to see The Games...

London preparing for the 2012 Olympics will be hysterical - I love their endless optimism. But for a city that can't build a stadium on time for AU$2 billion (I was a billion out before), can't build train lines for about the same amount, and only managed an indoor car park (Millenium Dome) for about another $2 billion - it will go pear-shaped at great expense! :rolleyes:

FA Cup Final kick-off is midnight tonight on, where else (?), SBS.

Do my eyes deceive me, or did Henrik Larsson (and er, Giovanni van Bronckhorst) just put Celtic into the group stages of the Champions League next season?

Nobody (no-bhoy-dy) around here would be pleased about that would they?...... :whistling::lol:

CORRECTAMUNDO bro!

Henke still delivers for the bhoys............even in a Barca shirt.

Champions League here we come!

Hail Hail.

JTB

CORRECTAMUNDO bro!

Henke still delivers for the bhoys............even in a Barca shirt.

Champions League here we come!

Hail Hail.

JTB

So are we.......Bouncey, Bouncey, Bouncey Bouncey, Nah, Nah Nah, Nah, Nah.

Oh and maybe with Eidur lol......

Chris

2 qualifying rounds though. ;)

(Including Arsenal, Liverpool et al :o )

JTB

More like :help: although you bhoys did us over in the UEFA Cup a few years back (before 'doing an [censored]' in the final :lol:)

Still as our city rivals found out last August, the qualifiers have become tricky waters to navigate, lots of sharks about...

As oor Chris's wee maroon mob are about to find out! :ph34r:

JTB

...And remember if the Jambos don't make it.......that's an extra £5m for us!!!!!

Hey Yoo, less ay that pash, we ur gonnae dae just fine, micht get papped oot in thu furst roond likes, but hey Champions Leeeg here we [censored], it's all aboot thu expeereeunce.

:bleh:

Hey Yoo, less ay that pash, we ur gonnae dae just fine, micht get papped oot in thu furst roond likes, but hey Champions Leeeg here we [censored], it's all aboot thu expeereeunce.

:lol: Funny........when I read this, and I don't know why, I found myself reading it in the voice of the schoolteacher as portayed by one Karen Dunbar in the 'Chewin The Fat' show. :lol:

Silly old me.

JTB

Hey Yoo, less ay that pash, we ur gonnae dae just fine, micht get papped oot in thu furst roond likes, but hey Champions Leeeg here we cum, it's all aboot thu expeereeunce.

Like you weren't pissing yourself laughing every time Rangers got booted out before the group stages :animal_rooster:

@jonthebhoy

Love Chewin the Fat and Still Game!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

:lol: Funny........when I read this, and I don't know why, I found myself reading it in the voice of the schoolteacher as portayed by one Karen Dunbar in the 'Chewin The Fat' show. :lol:

Silly old me.

JTB

:bleh: yeh man can totally see where you're comin from on that. especially, riiight claaaass, thaaat's eeeenuff now, lol

New series of Still Game coming soon. Smashin! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

JTB

I was just checking to see if it had been renewed the other week. Well chuffed!!

Gutted that I missed the Christmas episode though (didn't know they were going to have one), and they don't sell it on DVD (yet I guess).

One phrase that I've adopted is "THAT'S PLENTY"!! :lol: I use it all the time now.

It's the perfect repost to when you're being bored shiteless!!! :lol::lol::lol: