When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas on order...

TeeJay

So I was going to order a VC Overseas from a dealer I'd used before last year, but when I went to make the purchase today, the sale had closed. Not one to be beaten, I scoured the web untill I found something which suited my needs, and appealed to my wallet. I can't say any more now, as obviously the transaction has just gone through. I shall report the success or failure of my purchase when it arrives. Although it was not described thus in the sale, please allow 28 days for an update :D (I'm hoping it will be much sooner than that :D )

Hi TJ,

which colour ?

The VC is one of my favorite reps. :)

The off-white dial :) I want it as a dress watch, and as most of my watches have black (or at least 'dark') dials, I wanted a real change. I've never actually owned a watch with a white dial before... The closest I've come to white, is a Constant watch I had about 15 years ago, which had a light grey dial, which had a color and texture similar to a Yachtmaster (kind of 'speckled', if that makes any sense)

At first, I couldn't see what people saw in the Overseas, but it's grown on me, mostly once I realized (one of those Eureka moments) that the actual markers were similar to those of a Planet Ocean, which is my favorite watch :)

The Overseas is by far one of my favorite reps. It works with both dress and casual situations. I have a black Flavor Flav modded one and a white dial version as well, just awaiting the AR coating run for that. Most people don't know what it is, but I always get compliments due to the unique bracelet.

Good luck with it, I think you'll really enjoy it.

The Overseas is by far one of my favorite reps. It works with both dress and casual situations. I have a black Flavor Flav modded one and a white dial version as well, just awaiting the AR coating run for that. Most people don't know what it is, but I always get compliments due to the unique bracelet.

Thanks, if all goes well, I think I'll wind up with a realy nice and versatile watch. Fingers crossed the deal goes well :)

Looking forward to your review.

This (also in white) and/or the BCE is going to be my next watch. I think it's beautiful.

My sister, who is my fashion critique, gave it 2 thumbs up and so far she doesn't really like many of the watches I show to her. However, I tend to ignore her where watches are concerned although I value her advice regarding clothing.

Thanks for the comments, guys, and indeed, once it arrives, I'll be writing a review :) One question I do have, is with regards the name... Is it pronounced 'Vack-er-ron- Con-sdun-teen', or 'Vash-er-ron- Con-sdun-teen' ? :black_eye:

That's correct.

Except the end is not tin or teen, but...well, I don't think the sound exists in English...

The link is excellent indeed, I would just give a tiny detail : the " r " should not be rolled in French (well, actually in "Swiss French" :lol:)

Hope it turns out well for you!

I have a hard time wearing anything but my off-white VC... it fits just about any situation. :wub:

Fingers crossed with the deal :)

I don't think it'll beat my Omegas for wrist time, as I think I might consider it 'too small' for extended periods of wear... (although I'd agree it certainly seems to be a very versatile watch :))

But the polish part on the bracelet has such corase finish stops me from wearing it anymore. Anyone can tell it is fake straight away as VC simply cannot have such a poor craftmanship.

Or is there an updated/improved rep. VCO bracelet on the market. But then the question is if it will fit the VCO ver.2 case.

But the polish part on the bracelet has such corase finish stops me from wearing it anymore. Anyone can tell it is fake straight away as VC simply cannot have such a poor craftmanship.

Or is there an updated/improved rep. VCO bracelet on the market. But then the question is if it will fit the VCO ver.2 case.

I have the latest upgraded model from Silix. There are minor differences between this model and the one sold by Andrew and Josh, but I believe the bracelets are the same. There is a huge thread in the Other Brands Area started by Richard Tracy that goes into significant detail on the various VCO models.

The bracelet on mine is beautiful. The brushed finish is great. The mirror finish between the links and on the ends is also excellent. The clasp is spot on. I don't know if you can purchase the new bracelet or if it would fit your watch. The newest version is 42mm some of the older ones are 38mm. You might be better off buying a new watch. I think you'll be very pleased.

I have the latest upgraded model from Silix. There are minor differences between this model and the one sold by Andrew and Josh, but I believe the bracelets are the same. There is a huge thread in the Other Brands Area started by Richard Tracy that goes into significant detail on the various VCO models.

The bracelet on mine is beautiful. The brushed finish is great. The mirror finish between the links and on the ends is also excellent. The clasp is spot on. I don't know if you can purchase the new bracelet or if it would fit your watch. The newest version is 42mm some of the older ones are 38mm. You might be better off buying a new watch. I think you'll be very pleased.

Do you still see strips on the polish surface between the links. Or they are silky smooth mirror finish? This is the critical part for the bracelet to escape from fake appearance.

Do you still see strips on the polish surface between the links. Or they are silky smooth mirror finish? This is the critical part for the bracelet to escape from fake appearance.

To my eyes, the surface between the links looks pretty darn smooth. I guess if I used a magnifying glass or a loop I might tbe able to see some "roughness" but I choose not to do that. 99.9% of the population of the world wouldn't notice...IMHO.

To my eyes, the surface between the links looks pretty darn smooth. I guess if I used a magnifying glass or a loop I might tbe able to see some "roughness" but I choose not to do that. 99.9% of the population of the world wouldn't notice...IMHO.

Thanks for the info. I am tempted.

BTW, are the screws holding the links good making length adjustment easy? It is well known those on the VCO ver.2 are crap making adjustment impossible becasue the screws are simply stripped upon unscrewing. I think the maker just put tons of locite when doing up the screws.

Thanks for the info. I am tempted.

BTW, are the screws holding the links good making length adjustment easy? It is well known those on the VCO ver.2 are crap making adjustment impossible becasue the screws are simply stripped upon unscrewing. I think the maker just put tons of locite when doing up the screws.

My screws took lubrication and the proper tools to get them out, but nothing that destroyed

or damaged anything.

I was however prepared for it, which made all the difference.

Then again there is always the mall watch band people, who never seem to have trouble

as long as you prep them and let them know that you want the band and screws to remain

in top form.

My screws took lubrication and the proper tools to get them out, but nothing that destroyed

or damaged anything.

I was however prepared for it, which made all the difference.

Then again there is always the mall watch band people, who never seem to have trouble

as long as you prep them and let them know that you want the band and screws to remain

in top form.

I removed a link in mine with minimal hassel. My tools and skills are very average.