When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Case

PureTime

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the "B" in Hublot too high/out of place on the back of the watch?

Another reason I too am waiting for a better price. Love the watch but too much for stick on letters imo.

ahahahaha. C'mon $800 for a ticking time bomb with lightly glued on screws is a STEAL!

They just won't be stealing from me. ;)

If collectors continue buying them everytime the "auction" is increasing, they'll soon sell it for 800...

The "cheapest" HBB is 400... You can paint it any colour, put any kind of small ceramic slice, nothing can justify the 300 dollars difference...

No offense to the HBB owners, it's a really gorgeous watch, but let me be a fool this time and summarize the manufacturers/dealers thoughts by an old locution (could be from Lao Tseu...or from my grand'ma, god bless her soul) :

Every morning an idiot wakes up, you just have to find him... :cc_chinese:

Sorry, I really don't mean to offend any member, just totally upset by such pricing for an Asian movement.

There are MBW around with a Swiss movement for much less. And yes, how's a croocked logo possible at such price levels ?

If collectors continue buying them everytime the "auction" is increasing, they'll soon sell it for 800...

The "cheapest" HBB is 400... You can paint it any colour, put any kind of small ceramic slice, nothing can justify the 300 dollars difference...

No offense to the HBB owners, it's a really gorgeous watch, but let me be a fool this time and summarize the manufacturers/dealers thoughts by an old locution (could be from Lao Tseu...or from my grand'ma, god bless her soul) :

Every morning an idiot wakes up, you just have to find him... :cc_chinese:

Sorry, I really don't mean to offend any member, just totally upset by such pricing for an Asian movement.

There are MBW around with a Swiss movement for much less. And yes, how's a croocked logo possible at such price levels ?

Exactly and what mystifies me is no one seems to care about the obvious defects. It's like sex, you just have to have it. Well, I can do very well with out especially after reading: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry273929

Like, HELLO people, are you reading what this watch is really all about, or, don't you care? A Timex is built better.

The HBB seems to be the watch that is defining what is, and what is not acceptable to the community in terms of price VS quality.

There is simply no apparent quality of workmanship that justifies the additional cost for these watches. I find this unfortunate, because the HBB is truly an extraordinary watch.

For me, unless its solid gold, I am not spending over $300-400MAX on a replica watch. If I had $500+ to be spending on a watch, I'd start looking at gen's, new or used.

I realize this is not the thread for this discussion, but I typed it up and i'm hitting "reply". I appologize to the OP. :whistling:

Well it looks like I got what I asked for but there is no way in hell I am spending $800 on a rep with asian 7750 movement. The SS ceramic bezel version is under $600. Why such a big price difference for gold plating? There can't be much gold in this one to warrant a $200 price difference, although I don't see why a ceramic bezel should cost $200 more than the base model.

Ziggy said that the Asian 7750 is a very good movement once you service it, so why are you guys all complaining? Service it, and you will have an almost perfect 800$ replica of a $18.000 watch...

You are correct about what Ziggy said... but not complete. The module is the weak spot on this one. There is a module to convert the standard 6-9-12 subdial layout to the 3-6-9 layout as used on the HBB.

I don't know if they changed this, but the module used to be steel on steel where there where moving parts. A swiss movement would use jewels for the moving parts. I hope they redesigned the module...

The Zigmeister said that the Asian 7750 is a very good movement once you service it, so why are you guys all complaining? Service it, and you will have an almost perfect 800$ replica of a $18.000 watch...

Yes he did, but apparently you did not read his comments on the HBB specifically in a recent thread.

$800 is just plain silly!

I agree. But not to some people; which is why rep prices will continue to climb to this level and higher.

As has been discussed numerous times, the dealers will set the price at what the market will bear. My pocket will cling to my dollars at that price though.

I havn't adn refuse to buy in at this price. But tis the nature of the beast. Some people will get lucky and will receive one of these Rose gold models that are flawless, and they will praise their own piece till the end of time. yet most will not waste their time/money on it due to lack of quality.

But I guess this lack of QC is inherent to all pieces, how many SFSO's or UPO's didn't have QC problems? You know croocked logos, bad lume jobs.

Sure we expect more when we pay more, but this isn't your local AD, the ones making these newer pricier watches are the same people who make the $30 Subs, $100 Seamaster GMT's and your $300 super reps. so if those have QC flaws why wouldn't the $800 and the $3k reps have them?

The Zigmeister said that the Asian 7750 is a very good movement once you service it, so why are you guys all complaining? Service it, and you will have an almost perfect 800$ replica of a $18.000 watch...

Sure, the Asian 7750 is recognized as a good movement once serviced, that makes this HBB 920 + something... Mmm... Not far from the 1000.

The true problem seems to happen when you try to disassemble this rep (look at the link to ZZ post, it's really worth reading and shows how few attention is brought to a so expensive watch during the manufacturing process. There are surely explanations for that, but there are much better constructed reps around for much cheaper.) So why is this one problematic ? Maybe just because it's a normal rep, as many others, with the "only" advantage it has a killer look.

Externally it's gorgeous, I can't agree more. And I suppose that every owner of the HBB is an happy one. For the time being.

One should not automatically think about the gen's value to justify the rep's one. There's no relation.

I have a 100 dollars Vacheron which looks great and accurate (from the front side), whereas the original model is more than 50 K... And there are many nice PATEKs around for also less than 150 dollars.

Needless to mention that I have a VC Overseas which is a damn both excellent watch and rep, which you can get for 250 dollars against 8K+ for the gen.

So the ratio 800/13 000 is IMO very bad. But again, that's not where we should judge the HBB, at least not where I would judge it.

Have the hands issues settled, the stickers things, the bracelet clasp digging into your flesh, make it 300 dollars, or maybe 350 for the super-gold-bling one, then it would become a good if not the best bargain around, although it still would be over the budget I usually grant in reps. What a shock when it stops ticking and you can't have it serviced or repaired.

In my eyes, the worst thing is that, even if you have enough cash to franken this beautiful piece of watch into a Swiss 7750, noone will do it, as it's just a nightmare, according to The Zigmeister, once again, which I tend to believe :D

I was quoted 600 shipped from King a couple of weeks back be interested to know why there is a 200 usd margin from other dealers or if King aligned to the upper price witch would be totally unethical....

600 is a hell lot... 800 is stupid for an asian.

Swiss 7753 watches are cheaper!!!

But again you have to remember that the USD is at a all time low and every seller labelling it's price in USD is revising them to compensate for the lowering currency. Too bad for US buyers... but for us outiside US we can buy more products labelled in USD...for cheaper..

For exemple I paid my Monaco 1990 USD in dec. 2005 and it is now priced 2720! But In Euros there is only a 300

You're right, 800 is...stupid. That's the right word.

And it did not take 200 dollars due to exchange rate problems, just due to "exchanged" margin considerations.

That's really, I mean really lame... I am anyway not a customer for the HBB since it has been high priced since the begining, and apologize if some of the numerous readers may be disturbed by the (my) growing complaints, but now, we have reached a peak.

Then again, as long as it will sell, dealers will continue this game.

I hate that and it's killing the hobby.

Angus or whoever, you launched the thread to tease us : please pop in and explain the reason why this specific model has reached this price.

Just bought a Tissot PRS516 on *bay from Singapore for... 260 dollars shipped, with 12 monthes worldwide warranty and a Swiss movement. I would never have done that before. But middle-range gens have become more affordable than reps !!! Nothing to do with the HBB from the "prestige" point of view, but at least I know I get a watch which will not have me cry or complain everytime I look at it.

Doh ! Is it me who writes that ?! Am I fed up with reps ? :(

No, I'm fed up with this vast joke in pricing !