When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NoobMariner: a pictorial and review of the real legendary one!

Stephane

Differences between movements (=> Hands, rehaut)

Differences between producion batches (bezel teeth, datefont!)

Take care especially of the datefont...! TTK & Narikaa always sold the good one, but I received a Beginmariner which is supposed to be the same but the movement... and it was ridicioulous!.

all with the "case no. F520117" are from the same factory.

and all has the same rehaut...

am i wrong? please, show us detailed pics of the item, but with the case no.

the swiss eta 2836, eta 28xx clone or the cheapest asia movement has

of course different "movement" parts. e.g. hands and datefont.

Edited by 316L

The one with the "D" serial number has the nasty conical rehaut you want to avoid. Also on this one the date window is too far to the right and the date font is wrong oh yeah and crown guards arnt as good... the "noobmariner" is amazing and this asian version has a GREAT rehaut.. almost bang on to the gen. Theres only ONE "noobmariner" and its the one from TTK. A watch like "Andrews Ultimate" with the "D" serial number isnt the same one. Trust me. I have both of them.

Awesome pictures by the way!

Lonnie

• 6 months later...

As a new collector, I must advertise myself a bit haha, hope you don't mind. I got the noobs too. See below.

Hi Guys, I got the noobs, fully inspected same as TTK and Narikaa (as I'm in thailand too) I got them also with Swiss ETA movement.

See my listing; and yes CQ is a big issue (if handled 100 upon 100 of these Noobs / other replica's mainly high-end), far bigger than many might think (you just don't hear about it so often because ppl don't openly post coz they want to get it resolved).

They are fully inspected, so no crooked date window, silicon greased...... etc etc

More pics in my section.... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=69733

web_DSC07194.jpg

web_rlx-noobmariner-sale-724.jpg

web_DSC07174.jpg

web_DSC07188.jpg

web_DSC07179.jpg

WRONG ONE;;;

eurotimez-quality-control.png

You can contact me for futher details.

Kind regards

Chris

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

By the way, I've been told Narika still has them ...since TTK and Eurotimez aren't around anymore :whistling:

Yeah that was me. :)

Still unsure if it's the same Noobfactory. Everything is called Noob today. Have you compared Narikaas pix with yours? I'm not good at spotting the differences.

Anyway, it was a great thread, hence the bump. And it's good to see you around a bit more. :)

Val.

"Long time ago when I posted this review."

This review has been in my favorites since you posted it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I still have 7 new swisseta F520117 (5 black, 2 Kermit)...all still in the plastic wrappers with bezel guards on them (none for sale at this time).

I just now compared a '21 jewel' F520117 'parts case' and it is exactly like the swisseta models with the 2.2mm reflector ring (rehaut). It came with a DG/CH 21 jewel movement and the same dial as swisseta models except for the dial foot location. They all have stepped oem style (but out of spec) crystals with 9mm offset magnifiers. The 90 degree cut from the angled reflector down to the crystal makes the reflector (rehaut) look smaller than it really is.

Btw...the closest case I have to the F520117 is an old River 'TWB' case from 6 or 8 years ago. It does not have any engraving at all on it but it is the only submariner style case I have that has a caseback that will interchange with the F520117 case. The River case has a straight side (no step) sapphire crystal, slightly taller reflector ring (rehaut), lug holes, and pointed crown guards (pointed CG?).

Something else...I just bought a DW 5513 case from Sly (smooth deal!) without a caseback and the F520117 caseback fits it. Nothing else I had would work out of 30+ cases with one exception, a River Exp II from the same era as the TWB submariner.