When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Our beloved watches deserve holidays, don't you think so?

Stephane

Dear All,

I'm currently on the beach (litteraly), connected with a Vodafone Usb Gsm Modem and wondering what I should have taken with me, watch wise of course.

I'm also wanting to share my happiness with you of course.

Which watch would YOU take for your summer holidays?

No need to say: I regret my choice and my paranoia :Jumpy:

Customs

I was a little afraid a custom officer, in Belgium or Spain, would ask me "Sir, is this a genuine watch?".

So, to start with I picked up my Baume et Mercier and put it on my wrist to travel to this island of Spain (where I hope to meet Richard Branson).

It is sure that I will not wear it at all during the stay though, but, after months of trying to convince her, my beautiful wife is wearing it :cupidarrow:

All other watches would go in the main luggage, not the cabin one, because of X-ray inspection.

Prior to make a selection

So I looked at all my watches and thought:

- I need one rep for my own pleasure

- I need a couple to swim

- I should be courageous and pick at least a second rep for my pleasure

Now, the problem is Rolex.

It's so obvious that it is the most replicated brand that if I travel with several, and the luggage is inspected, I'm in deep sh*t.

The selection

- The rep for pleasure: Rolex Sea Dweller 1665 Great White modded :bleh:

- The couple to swim with: Seiko Black Monster on rubber & Tissot PRS 516.

(Pix, pls get the white one, it's beautifull)

- The second rep: Omega Planet Ocean on SS bracelet.

So what?

Well, I could have taken more and put them all in the luggage.

At least there was no inspection when coming in and I can't see why there would be one when coming back.

Stupid me.

Life is cool

For sure, the most important is enjoying the wife & kids on these holidays :group:

And rep wise, I have my best Rolex with me ;) and my beloved wife is wearing my Baume & Mercier :kiss1:

The Saga

I'm not sure this post will be a very interesting one, but I like to share with you guys and girls.

So, the idea is to update this thread with new pictures when I can find a reason too while we are on holiday.

Cheers

Stephane

The Pictures

Please do not reply quoting the pictures as it would mess the speed of the thread and the forum. Thank you.

283778-9780.jpg

283778-9781.jpg

283778-9782.jpg

283778-9783.jpg

283778-9784.jpg

My daughter's beach shoe and the PRS 516

283778-9785.jpg

Ok, Voulez-vous Swim avec moi, today ?

283778-9786.jpg

283778-9787.jpg

S-

I just underwent the exact same debate. Ten days on the beach and I always bring only two (rep or gen) on vacation - one for day and one for night. I went with PAM 063 GMT on OEM strap for evening wear and Chrono Avenger for beach time. Mine is waterproof (so far). Both are heavily modded with plenty of gen parts so that when I went into all the fabulous watch shops at the beach resorts I had no worries. I even took off that PAM to try on the Big Pilot and I have never seen a salesperson grab my watch so fast. Lots of oohs and aahs. Just smiled back. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I keep forgetting to upload my pics but will do so when I get a chance.

Great minds think alike. Just went throught the same exercise. 15 days at the beach. Went with Black/White 45MM PO for beach (yes, it is waterproof) and 3717 IWC for evening wear :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Would have went with the SFSO too but that was with Ziggy getting a lume job and crown fix :whistling:

Wow, great posts.

I just wish that I can make it to the beach this summer. It's not far, but seems like it's very far due to all the mayhem goin' on around here :crazy:

I've been following this thread with great interest, though I hate the O-T section of any forum. One gets into trouble. ;)

I noticed that Stephane and I have the same watch leather case! What with the laptop, and me getting some Mont Blanc pens, I'll be like or Stephane Jr. (uuh, "Stephanie" maybe) to his Stephane!

Un/fortunately, I live in South Beach. It's hard to convince one's parents to go to a pricey beach resort, when we live 5 blocks away from the "20 most exciting blocks" and beach in the world. Pace Copacabana.

I know! I'll go into my pool...and promptly ruin my PAMs.

Eunomians, I hope I haven't put my foot in it, but are you in Japan? I've been to those weirdo tent-beach places, where they have fake wave pools, where kids go surfing. Better than Butlins. Just. :)

Dear All,

Following up here is some more pictures of our stay at the beach.

I forgot to mention that we have another Tissot with us.

My nephew's one. A quartz chrono.

Morning starts like this

My Wife

284755-9199.jpg

My son

284755-9200.jpg

My Nephew

284755-9201.jpg

My daughter (we forgot to take her Baume et Mercier Linea with us, so it's a very very used Swatch)

284755-9202.jpg

The day continued like this

284755-9203.jpg

284755-9204.jpg

284755-9205.jpg

284755-9206.jpg

284755-9207.jpg

The evening looks like this of course :thumbsupsmileyanim:

284755-9208.jpg

See you soon,

Cheers and warm regards,

Stephane

I might book a suite at the Delano for Xmas :Jumpy:

I will be closer to you my dear :o

You'll LOVE the Delano, if you've never been.

Some caveats are that there are an awful amount of Eurotrash honeytraps, masquerading as well-to-do single girls, sometimes true (they'll give you names of all the "in people" around the social circuit in London, Paris, and Ibiza, tell you they've attended Marlborough College with Kate Middleton and Eugenie York, etc. etc.). But they're speciality is to get you into compromising situations, and possibly to use "leverage" by hinting evil tidings to your lady wife, if you don't cough up some money...

Not that you're that kind of man, as your love letter references to your wife attest, but just in case any other chap is reading this, who is, don't go soused to the Delano loos, ya hear?

Other than that, the Delano lives up to the hype, Stephane. Great private beach, excellent, discrete service. Great bar atmosphere. Good vibe all around.

You know, there used to be a delicious story that Ian Schrager often sealed off a whole floor for himself, like Howard Hughes used to do, which could always be located due to the permeating scent of marijuana when you reached said floor.

It's good to be the King...of South Beach. B)

Oh yeah, we all need holidays :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Delano: during Midem Miami (a music conference)...we couldn't afford the Delano prices for rooms, my music friends and me in those times.

So we were staying at the Ritz Plaza and crossed the street when time had come to see some nice and trendy girls and get some coktails.

Seriously, I have a plan to stay in NYC for Xmas and finish by a couple of nights or more in SoBe with my wife "en amoureux".

Still I have to convince her to leave the kids in Brussels which is not easy. :whistling:

Today we go to Deia.

That is where Michael Douglas has his villa in Palma.

I hope to meet Richard Branson who owns a restaurant and hotel.

My nephew would like to meet Catherine Zeta Jones.

I presume we will not meet any celebrity at all.

But, who knows, there might be a great AD to visit with my 1665 :Jumpy: ...joking.

See you soon,

Cheers

Stephane

Dear All,

It's friday july 20th...

Deia Pictures

Today was a supposed "Trendy" day :whistling:

We went to Deia.

It's the village in Palma where some stars have a villa.

Of course, we didn't meet any of them, and the village itself is really boaring.

So, the trip wasn't really worth the effort of an hour and a half on "mountain" roads.

At least, we could take some pictures.

There are some BOYS pictures in front of Richard Branson's Hotel, La Residencia ;)

285149-8896.jpg

My nephew, my son and me

285149-8897.jpg

285149-8898.jpg

285149-8899.jpg

Various shots in Deia

SD Great White in a Olive tree (not a great picture, but it is funny though).

The watch almost fell off the tree but my daughter save it :mellow:

285149-8900.jpg

My Daughter's ready for trash Swatch (I really need to get her something for everyday in addition to her B&M Linea)

285149-8901.jpg

My son's beautiful Seiko

285149-8902.jpg

My Nephew's Tissot PR50

285149-8903.jpg

285149-8904.jpg

The Great White ready for war (with a sweet pussy too)

285149-8905.jpg

Palma City pictures

After Deia we went for some shopping in Palma City.

Of course I couldn't resist and ask my nephew to shoot some pictures in front of the Rolex local AD.

They also had AP, Patek, Panerai, JLC, IWC, Cartier

Dear All,

Today is saturday, 21st of july.

It's Belgium national day.

As we're not in Belgium but in Palma, Spain, well we do not really celebrate.

The spanish didn't even think about organizing a private firework for us on the beach :thumbdown:

So, nothing exiting to tell you today as we stayed on the beach.

Yes, one thing: the kids (9 and 11 years old) and my nephew (17) dreamed to go swim again in the sea, after dinner, around 10PM.

Only kids can think it is very sexy and funny to get wet and sandy again after a great evening shower and a full day out there :g:

I must have lost my kid spirit :(

I stayed on the terrace and shot sunset pictures of the UPO.

I'm feeling guilty, but yes, sand s*cks after a while.

So, today was UPO day and I must say that I liked it.

I didn't even swap for the GreatWhite in the evening :blink:

I must have taken to much sun.

Anyway, here a palm tree shot in the morning and two others: sunset and sun gone ;)

No water one though. I'm afraid of ruining the watch if I simply throw it in the see and try to shoot a good wave picture.

Maybe I'll try that tomorrow... :Jumpy:

Cheers & thanks for reading.

Stephane

285649-8648.jpg

285649-8649.jpg

285649-8650.jpg

Dear All,

Yesterday, Monday july 23rd, we went to Marineland...

Yes I know, it's not that cool to visit these places. I agree that animals should be in the nature.

But, still, the kids can't resist, and we, parents, cannot resist either to make them happy.

I guess that is why these places still exit.

So

:whistling: This is the end, beautiful friend, the end. :whistling:

Some last shots of my nephew's Tissot

289640-6164.jpg

289640-6165.jpg

289640-6166.jpg

And his LIP (used to be a famous French brand)

289640-6167.jpg

The Black Monster in a very nice situation

289640-6168.jpg

Back home

Well, I'm not a fan of holidays but of course I'm a bit sad to go back to rainy Belgium.

On the other hand, I will have some nice babies waiting for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

- 16610 MBW modded by Tribal

- 3717 with new day/date wheels by Pug

- A new genuine Pam crown for my Daylight (Thanks Kruzer)

- My AP RO - MBW from TTK

So, stay tuned, there should be pics of them soon.

Cheers and warm regards,

Stephane