When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Ideas for a black monster!

Ben

hi, i just bought a black monster on the bay, so i guess this would be my first mechanical gen! i cant wait for it to arrive but then i got to thinking i don't want it on the SS band it comes with so i have nipped over to PMWF.com looking for straps and bought an f1 rubber strap similar to the ones on an Oris f1 style watch, but i think i'm going to have buyers remorse when it arrives so i thought i would ask around for some advice on some good yet relatively cheap straps for the watch, leather rubber or metal will all be considered and pics would also be a bonus.

Thanks for all advice

You will love the Monster. A really nice watch.

You will also love the SS band. Trust me. However I sourched a few rubber straps, and decided on this 'Rubber Oyster' style. I really like it for water use, feels great on and looks really nice IMO. However, as I stated, you will really like wearing the Monster with the ss band as well. A very comfortable feel, and looks very nice.

post-22-1184864806_thumb.jpg

post-22-1184864756_thumb.jpgpost-22-1184865571_thumb.jpg

I'm with ya Pug, NATO's are some of the most comfortable straps.

Hey, variety is the spice of life, why does it have to be either or... I've lost count of haw many NATO, Zulu, or Tropic straps I have, it's nice to mix it up a bit.

I also think the tire tread rubber strap would look pretty cool on a Monster (can't find a pix of it right now)

284433-9437.jpg

284433-9438.jpg

284433-9439.jpg

Hi,

just taking the opportunity of a Monster thread.

I have some doubts...

Any possibility to wind it manually ?

Mine will (easily) auto-wind whenever slightly moved, but no way to hand wind.

thx, and sorry for the O.T. issue.

PS : the NATO strap looks great, have to make my mind on that for my orange one.

post-22-1184880015_thumb.jpgThe link to Strapped for Time is the exact same band that I have. In order to size it you simply remove one link at a time until proper fit is achieved. Not to difficult. In that same link are a number of other rubber dive straps to choose from. Of the selection there, the Oyster type and deployment clasp was my favorite of the bunch. Highly recommend it. 34.95 is just a bit more than what I paid, but still reasonable.

I was inspired to buy the Monster by Pug's great photos. You will be very pleased with this watch.

A VERY nice dive/casual watch.

thanks for the advice, i really like the rubber oyster aswell, i think i will get that and a cheap NATO/ZULU, i just love changing straps on my watches, people always think you have more watches...

btw i got my rubber strap from here https://www.thorntonwatch.com/ and if your quick they have a sale on, plus an extra 25% off if u email them first heres a link http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/SalesForum/web....cgi?read=69942, however it says the 25% off is no longer in effect, but its gotta be worth a shot!

wow that straps just cool, at this rate I'm going to have spent more on straps then i did for the watch!

the watch arrived today! (9 days from Singapore to the UK) just going to nip in town and get it resized i really should invest in a re-sizer!

thanks for the continued advice, more is always welcomed!!

wow that straps just cool, at this rate I'm going to have spent more on straps then i did for the watch!

the watch arrived today! (9 days from Singapore to the UK) just going to nip in town and get it resized i really should invest in a re-sizer!

thanks for the continued advice, more is always welcomed!!

What is the ref number for this lovely watch?

I just need to have a black monster!